+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Bethenny's novel Skinnydipping comes out on May 1st. It should be a juicy read with thinly veiled "fictional" reality star characters like JZ. It was co-written by Eve Adamson, who is famous in her own right as a ghost writer/co-author.
    jucamer likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

My EX used to call me lard a$$ all of the time. The most I ever weighed was 115 pounds & that was 9 months pregnant. To this day if I go to eat a second cookie I hear the YOU ARE FAT comment played back into my head & I put the cookie back. In reality I know I'm not fat & I actually am supposed to gain 10 pounds according to my doctor. It is that one hurtful comment that you never get out of your head.
    Wow, PA Snow Bunny, I can really really relate to what you've written here.
    When I was a teenager, my mother made me get on the scales every single morning to see how "fat" I was. If I hadn't lost a pound or gained a pound, I was called a liar about what I had eaten the day before at high school...which most days was just an apple! I was constantly told I was overweight by her. Now, in my "old" years, I look at all my photo albums, still trying to find that Fat Girl I supposedly was. Still haven't found her. Just a regular teen, who weighed about 100 lbs at 5' 2"...But to this day, I take large size clothes into the dressing rooms at stores, then remember who I really am and go back and get the small sizes.
    You're so right about how these words (and actions) make a huge impression on us...but even though my first reaction is a result of those painful words, I try so hard to combat those mean words and say, "no, I'm not fat...not then and not now" and I refuse to let her have that power over me anymore, even though she did a darn good job of it.
    I'll probably be doing this for the rest of my life but she doesn't get to win.
    KatesMom, Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.

Dragonlady, what you said about the power of words is so real- and your power to overcome is a testament to your strength, good for you that your intellect is stronger than the negative message. It's amazing what parents say to children, even in public-- when I overhear parents belittling their children I cringe, and sometimes even whisper in the parent's ear; yeah I know it's none of my biz, but if I can get a parent to think just for a minute...
    Lizard and Debb70 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I worry about Bryn since she is exposed to this 24/7/365 But I still do think this is hyped-up for TV. I am sure they are still together & all if OK. Spoke to a friend over the weekend who knows Jason alot better that I do & she said she hasn't been him around town in months. I am sure the apartment has alot to do with it.

I am still kind of weirded out by having Bryn's nanny be her guardian. This is her 3rd nanny in 3 years...right??? We had Gina, Dawawa(sp?) & now Veronica. While not personally being a grandparent yet, I doubt anyone could/would love a child more than a grandparent. Apparently Bethenny & Jason have enough money for Bryn to be taken care of properly I don't understand why Bethenny is so opposed to Carol & Bob being named Bry's guardian. It is not like they would have have access to certain funds to help with raising Bryn if their age....sigh...60ish is not old.
    Say something were to happen & Veronica couldn't/didn't want the responsibility of Bryn. Does Bethenny not realized her OWN MOTHER could petition the court for guardianship of Bryn. Stranger things have happened.....courts tend to rather see a child with a biological relative. I don't know but I know I granted my parents guardianship of my children.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I don't think that Veronica is just Bryn's nanny. My impression is that she's a friend of Bethenny's who helps out with Bryn a lot. Dawawa is still around. I will say that my husband and I did not consider either of our parents as guardians of our kids. We're around the same age as Bethenny and Jason, and our parents are around the same age that I assume Jason's parents are. For me, the concern was not their ages now. My concern was my parents ages when my kids are teenagers. When my parents and my inlaws get to the age that they need someone taking care of them, I want that responsibility to fall on middle aged people. I don't want that responsibility falling on my kids, in their late teens or early 20s, just figuring out their own lives. And if my kids can't have my husband and me to guide them through those ages, I want them to have guidance by someone who still has the time and energy to be there - not someone in their 80s who has their own health concerns to worry about. As for Bethenny's mother, if Bethenny has good lawyers (and I'm sure she does) they will likely write in to any will written an acknowledgement that Bethenny is aware that her mother is still living, and she's made the specific choice to NOT include her in the will for guardianship or any inheritance. I have a friend who has a similar situation with her father that Bethenny has (only my friend isn't famous, and her dad doesn't sell stories to tabloids). She was advised to write that into her will so that if her father would ever challenge it, the courts would know exactly where she stands.

I have found that when parents select non-relatives as god parents, the situation and relationships often change as the kids grows and the people you selected when the child is 2 are not necessarily in your life when the child is 5 or 8.

Family tends to be around for the long haul from what I have seen. I know there are exceptions, but sometimes your friends move on, move away, change carrers, grow their own families and the person you thought would be the best to care for your child is no longer around or is no loner the person you want to take that role. IMO grandparents who are great people, are more than likely to be the best suited and more than likely to be around for the long haul, unless they suffer from a medical condition.
    Lizard and AlwaysVeg like this.

This is/was my own personal preference. I knew no one could ever love my children more than my Mom & Dad. My oldest son is now my 87 year old Mom's care giver. I wouldn't trust anyone else with her.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

My parents raised 11 children. My husband's raised 7. There was no way we would have asked them to assume the role of a hands-on guardianship. Then again, we had lots of family members to ask.

I do not think that it would be ideal to name someone in their 60's as a guardian. 60 is not "middle aged." At 62, I am reminded of this every time I do the math.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I will admit, as strongly as I'll defend Bethenny and Jason's decision to have a guardian other than grandparents, the way she talked to Veronica last night seemed very strange to me. It may be due to the entire conversation being staged for drama. But it struck me as strange the way she talked about "leaving Bryn" to Veronica. She was talking about it in the same way you'd say "If we die, I'm leaving my house to you" or "I'm leaving my favorite pieces of jewelery to you". She was talking about Bryn like she'd be giving a gift to someone, instead of focusing on someone who would provide care and love to her daughter. And please for the love of God Jason, don't give in and go to work for Bethenny!!!! That entire discussion really disturbed me. Bethenny's entire approach was "You have to make the decision. You have to decide what is right for you. Now it sounds to me like your hesitation is just silly and wrong-minded. But as soon as you come around to realizing that you need to give up your career to be my life coordinator, then I will accept that it is your decision that you came to on your own". I think Jason working for Bethenny would be the best way for her to completely emasculate him. It would also be the best way to destroy their marriage, and possibly screw up her business on the way down.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Bethenny hes a charm and is able to work people. But she is not goo.d with money. Risk taking often does not work out. I cannot imagine that the beverage company would not put what odd into their contract that would negate the agreement if Skinny Girl does not pan out. I cannot see that having any lasting power.

Jason would be really out of his element and really miserable in Bethenny's company.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread