+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Poppy I do hear what you are saying however there were several scenes where Bryn was being fed by bottle & Bethenny did go bra shopping. I wouldn't think you would buy new bras if you were still nursing.

I could understand the 2-3 day part BUT not long after Bryn was born didn't Bethenny take a several day trip without her daughter? Jason did say this was just for the day not overnight.

When my babies were babies I was only too thrilled to get a break & have some "me" time.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Poppy I do hear what you are saying however there were several scenes where Bryn was being fed by bottle & Bethenny did go bra shopping. I wouldn't think you would buy new bras if you were still nursing.

I could understand the 2-3 day part BUT not long after Bryn was born didn't Bethenny take a several day trip without her daughter? Jason did say this was just for the day not overnight.

When my babies were babies I was only too thrilled to get a break & have some "me" time.

She did take days trips, and even some overnights away not long after Bryn's birth, for business reasons. But she did announce on FB and Twitter that she had expressed milk for Bryn, and that even though she has great faith in her nanny it was high anxiety to be away.

I thought it was meant to be at least one night away - not a day trip. I think that Jason having Bryn for a whole day would be good for all 3 of them!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fan

Just wanted to say that I have a 2yr old - and my husband and I have yet to spend the night away from her. We're just not ready, and there's nothing wrong with that. Bethenny also wrote on her website that she opted to breastfeed Bryn, and she wouldn't have done it any other way... however, she didn't say how long she breastfed for. IMO, I think Bryn is on formula now, and Bethenny's reasons for not wanting to leave Bryn overnight (with Jason's parents) are not because of breastfeeding, but because she's just not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    She did take days trips, and even some overnights away not long after Bryn's birth, for business reasons. But she did announce on FB and Twitter that she had expressed milk for Bryn, and that even though she has great faith in her nanny it was high anxiety to be away.

I thought it was meant to be at least one night away - not a day trip. I think that Jason having Bryn for a whole day would be good for all 3 of them!
    I will have to re-watch this epi tonite. I got the impression it was just for the day & IIRC it was because B wanted to store items at Jason's parents home. I wouldn't think there would be much extra storage space in a NYC condo. I had the feeling it was baby items that Bryn was no longer using but they didn't want to throw them out especially if they decide to have another baby.

I was under the impression that Jason came home alone twice a month & his parents visited them every 3 weeks. I can't say I've seen Jason in town but then again I don't go to the Capri either although I do recall one time being out & about & seeing someone who looked familiar but could not place him. A few days later I realized he was familiar because it was Jason sans camera crew.

The more she tries to pull Jason away from his family the more she is going to weaken her & Jason's bond.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Protect Bryn from her doting grandparents? We are talking about normal loving people here. They could do nothing other that spoil her rotten which is exactly what grandparents are supposed to do...
    I completely agree. My point was that Bethenny has never (so she says) had that experience and might not trust it to be what it seems, just as she claims that any perception of love and acceptance by her own parents wasn't genuine. Isn't that fear what contributed to her former "runaway bride" status? From what I've gathered, her idea of normal is skewed, I think she realizes it, and that's partly why she's seeing a therapist...to get over her fears and come to terms with her past. She's not there yet.

Of course, I could be completely wrong but that's just my impression.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

When my daughter was a newborn my pediatrician told me that if my DH and I wanted a date night, now would be the time to do it. I didn't want to leave her with a sitter, but we were three thousand miles from family. I had such high anxiety about leaving her I told the "Grandmother's Baby Sitting Service" that my brother was an FBI agent and he would probably be stopping by to say hi. This was just in case the 70 year old babysitter decided to run away with my daughter and sell her in South America. Neurotic yes. I couldn't imagine leaving Bryn with the grandparents when she is this young, especially for a weekend. Bethany would go crazy. Jason's parent's are 2 hours away. It takes me longer than that to get to work. Why couldn't they take day trips into the city to see Bryn? They're retired and Bethany and Jason are working their tails off. I don't see the issue here when Jason's folks are a hop, skip and jump from their son and grand daughter. Bethany and Jason hid nothing from each other during their relationship. Neither of their personalities ever changed. So where is the surprise? Why is Bethany being inconsiderate or rude? She never pretended to be anything other that what she is, and Jason loves her for that.

Just re-watched that portion. He did say go for the day & not 3 days. He also said it had been 3 weeks since they saw his family. She didn't want him because SHE wanted Bryn. Bethenny should be thankful that she has a husband who wants to be so involved with their daughter.
    I realize that Bethenny is in therapy & I hope it help her deal with her past hurts.
    I just think she has to learn what is the most important thing in her life and that is her daughter.
    There are 3 women in Jason's life. Bryn will always be his daughter, Carol will always be his mother but Bethenny can become his former wife. SMH!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Maybe they should consider moving to NYC.
    This is similar to what I was going to say. When parents and grandparents live in proximity to their kids/grandkids, they can have much shorter visits and then go home! When the distance is longer, it necessitates longer visits, which can get on each other's nerves. Bethenny's just a very busy person ... she was when Jason met her, and now she'even more busy. That's just the way it is for as long as she chooses to grow her business. I know many grandparents who moved so they could see the grandchildren more.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Jason's desire to go visit his parents so often isn't because its one of the only places they go where Bethany's life doesn't interrupt them all the time. When they're in New York, she's constantly distracted by work, peole she sees, etc. When they go to Pennsylvania, she's forced to be a bit more focused on nothing but being with family. Maybe Jason is trying to get more time like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I wonder if Jason's desire to go visit his parents so often isn't because its one of the only places they go where Bethany's life doesn't interrupt them all the time. When they're in New York, she's constantly distracted by work, peole she sees, etc. When they go to Pennsylvania, she's forced to be a bit more focused on nothing but being with family. Maybe Jason is trying to get more time like that.
    You can take Jason out of the suburbs, but you can't take the suburbs out of Jason
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread