+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I used to love watching Bethenny, on the housewives and her own show. She's a go-getter and took a good idea and ran with it. Now all she does is whine... whine...whine. She whines to Jason, her friends, and even when she's talking to the camera. I know Jason is not perfect, and arguments between couples can occasionally get verbally nasty, but all she does is complain and bait him into an argument (or at least it appears to be that way on the show). If I were Jason, I'd tell her to get that stick out of her keister.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

I've almost gotten to where I can't watch her self-destruct anymore. Her bickering with Jason drives me nuts. Last night, they kept on talking about needing to reset. But everytime they'd acknowledge it needed to be done she'd jump in with a comment like "Both of us right? We BOTH have to do it". When your core argument is about not being on equal footing in a relationship, you're not exactly resetting to harp on that some more! I don't think Bethenny is looking for an equal relationship. She's going to continue to self destruct until she surrounds herself with wimpy yes people. I laughed when Jason gave her the necklace. She was gracious. Then she went to the mirror, and pulled the chain to be shorter. You could tell in her mind she was thinking about how she would have made the necklace different rather than really appreciating what Jason did for her. I also find it really odd that with Julie leaving, she's just promoting the people who are there. Yes, Julie was a 23 year old who didn't know much when she started with Bethenny. But Bethenny's "empire" was much smaller then. Why wouldn't she go out and find someone more experienced and more similar to Julie to replace Julie instead of assuming the rookies who were only meant to work UNDER Julie can handle it?
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV
    Then she went to the mirror, and pulled the chain to be shorter. You could tell in her mind she was thinking about how she would have made the necklace different rather than really appreciating what Jason did for her.
    I do this all the time when I get jewelry as a gift from my husband (or anyone else). I have collected fine jewelry all my life and part of the enjoyment is tailoring pieces and adjusting them to suit trends and personal needs/taste.

In no way is it a sign of ingratitude. In fact, it's a sign that the piece is truly precious to you when you have it reset or updated over the decades you own and wear it. My husband delights in seeing me wear his gifts, perhaps even more when they have been customized just for me.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 04-24-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Over the decades to adjust a piece to fit with current trends, I agree with you. That is a great way to show that something that may be a bit out of fashion is still dear to you and you want to continue to wear it. But Bethenny did it 30 seconds after she opened it. That's not adjusting to the trends to keep something dear. That's thinking about how you could have done something better than the person who did it for you did. I think Bethenny usually thinks that she's the smartest and most business savvy person in any room she's in. The way she puts that on display demeans the people she is with. I don't think it is her intent to demean or emasculate at all. But she's guilty of it, and needs to recognize that the impact of her behavior effects the relationships the other people are able to maintain with her. Who wants to be around a person who is constantly pointing out how what you're doing or saying could be so much better if only you'd do it her way.
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

I did stop watching this show awhile back. It just didn't like the way certain aspects of the show were treated. Fame has a way of chaning people & I will leave it at that.
    I did happen to catch an episode that was on my dvr of Julie leaving. You could see stress wrtten all over her face. I fully understand Jason not wanting to give up his job to in order to work for Bethenny. Her essentially being his boss will not bode well for their marriage. I don't care how much she can claim it will be a partnership; it won't be. This is her baby not his.
    The thing I saw is IMHO she is expanding way too fast. She is doing the snack bars & powdered mix for water. The thing is those items have been on the market for several years already. Unless you are a Bethenny fan, what are you going to choose Crystal Light or Skinny Girl when Crystal Light is on sale & you have a coupon? Plus it is very difficult to get shelf space in a supermarket. My son bought me her skin & fragrance pack for Christmas. I tried it twice but I felt like I smelled like I was at a bar & I spilled my drink so I threw it out.
    Even with her cocktail drinks. There are companies out there now making similar products at a much lower price. I bought her wine. While it was good Arbor Mist was just as good & cost alot less. Calories are not an issue for me & since I may have 1 or 2 glases of wine a month not a big enough incentive for me to spend twice as much.

Now she is going to have a talk show. Ok how many of those can you have & how many have failed? Her target audience is most likely at work when she would be on & really how many of those types of shows do you dvr & then end up deleting without watching? I used to record The Revolution for Tim Gunn. That lasted 2 weeks.

I wish them the best but when this Skinny Girl, if it is a fad, bubble bursts I worry for this family
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you PA Snow Bunny. One other big issue that I see with the way that Bethenny is expanding is that the products don't seem to be HER anymore. I may have just been fooled, but I was of the impression that the Skinny Girl Margarita was her recipe, just like the skinny muffins that she did early in RHNY were her recipe. The products she's coming out with now - the drink mix, and spanx knock-off, etc - are products that other people created that she's putting her name on. When you drift away from the quality you're known for, it has to hurt your entire brand.

IIRC didn't Julie say that Macys picked up Bethenny's shape wear line???? I just went over to Macy's site I did not see Skinng Girl mentioned at all there. I did however see Skweeze Couture by Jill Zarin there. I think I may go blind.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Actually, with a necklace I will check out how it looks in different lengths immediately! The chain's length determines what kind of neckline you can wear it with, so if you love the necklace you'll go with the most versatile length. If you don't love it, it lives in the jewelry box and only comes out on rare occasion.

IMO, the best chains ever invented are the ones with the adjustable bead by the clasp. They are worth every dime you pay for them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Oprah says that wealth does not change people, but that it merely brings out what is already there. I suspect that the Bethenny we are seeing is the one that has always been there. I'm not sure that lots of wealth is the cause either. If she had not had the windfall of money, then she and Jason could easily be arguing over finances and jobs and the stress of lack of money to accomodate her lifestyle.

And Jason saw this same Bethenny when he first met her. Recall how she used to brag about how charmed she was when he walked into a club and he told her to get the stick out of her asp? I think that she has exhausted Jason and he never thought that the tiger he encountered would continue to grow and not mellow with a marriage and a child. What's that saying? Be careful of chasing a tiger. He may catch you.

And don't get married expecting that your spouse is going to change. Bad idea.

+ Reply to Thread