+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Well, Dragonlady, I'm happy someone besides me sees Camille. In my mind she's Scamille, thinking she covered her tracks second season.

I'm fairly harsh about how many of these women look and act b/c they willing put themselves in front of cameras saying "hey look at me, how wonderful / beautiful / special / wealthy / talented / amazing / gorgeous / dazzlingly brilliant I am". When most of them are grifters and scammers. Scamille's not the very worst but she's ahead of whomever is in first place.

Bethenny is an amazing exception IMO.
    Moontat, Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Watched the episode last night with Jason picking out a birthday present for betthany. Felt so sorry for him. He doesn't seem to think he can do anything right by her. She has completely destroyed his confidence.

I thought the scene with her therapist was quite enlightning. I hate to say it, but IMO it did appear that she was trying to get a certain reaction from her therapist. I only saw portions of the episode. I will watch it all later. I really don't want to stop liking Bethenny. I think that if I keep watching this show I might.

FORT Fan

While I think that Bethenny certainly has issues, I think that Jason does to. If I was with something who was dismissive and made me feel that all the problems in our relationship was my fault and my responsibility, who acted one way in private and another in public I'd be saying it was time to see a professional. That professional could be a marriage counselor or a divorce attorney - your pick. The strain between the two of them is palpable and apparently they are both walking around on egg shells with each other. Bethenny just isn't uniquely responsible for that.
    Prism likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    While I think that Bethenny certainly has issues, I think that Jason does to. If I was with something who was dismissive and made me feel that all the problems in our relationship was my fault and my responsibility, who acted one way in private and another in public I'd be saying it was time to see a professional. That professional could be a marriage counselor or a divorce attorney - your pick. The strain between the two of them is palpable and apparently they are both walking around on egg shells with each other. Bethenny just isn't uniquely responsible for that.
    Granted, I haven't watched all of the episodes this season, but even last season, I saw things differently. IMO Bethenny has a difficult time just letting anything lye. It's like nothing can be just left alone. Everything has to be a major event, discussed, debated, argued over and then put away only when she's ready. If one thing is said, then it is turned into a major ordeal. That's just what I take from Bethenny.

She seems to want to always be in charge, on top, leading the way and being right. Hey, I like her and have for a long time. She was always my favorite HW of NY and even when she was pregnant, I cheered her on. It's almost like she has willed herself to sabotage her relationship. I see this and I am a big fan of hers. That's why I can take the show in small doses. Watching her being miserable, despite the fact she has a wonderful, happy, healthy child and loving husband AND never has to work again, grates my nerves.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

In the past, she's liked Jason's taste in jewelry so I'm thinking he can't go wrong buying a ring for her. JMO.

I do find that his sarcasm with her and his unwillingness to hear what she wants to say (at least on the show) is tiresome and irritating.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I think we only see a sneak into their lives. I wonder if the edit at Bravo is given to show Bethenny in a better light.
    I see so much of my son's g/f in Bethenny. It is the constant need for reassurance that drives me insane but she is his choice so I have to super glue my lips shut. I am forbidden from calling/texting him while they are out for the evening. Trust me the last thing I want to do is call him while he is out; I actually enjoy the peace & quiet. It is just insecurity so I do see that in Bethenny. When he's not with her the phone calls are endless, every minute endless. He stops answering his cell she starts calling the house. He shuts down & I see Jason doing the same thing.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I just don't see how this constant airing of Bethenny and Jason's dirty laundry can be good for their marriage. And it must be especially painful for Jason's parents to see. That being said, Bethenny has been tweeting that they are finally moving into their new apartment.
    Uncle David and Coco46 like this.

I still like Bethanny but she comes with a whole bunch of baggage, which Jason was painfully aware of in the beginning. I'm not saying that it is easy living with someone who's so damaged from childhood experiences and Jason is wrong to get upset by it.
    I do applaud Bethanny for getting counseling and I think she has a great therapist, which isn't easy to find. But she needs to start making a recovery (with age, wisdom and therapy), start leaving the past behind. I know bad childhoods can definitely damage a person but there comes a time that you become who you want to be and not just an effect of the person you once were. It takes an enormous amount of hard work.
    Maybe both of them could profit from couples' therapy. Neither is wrong and neither is right.
    And they need to do it for that beautiful child's future and the formation of her little personality.
    To me, part of a parent's job is to be the best person you can be because your little ones learn more from what you do than what you say.
    (I only say this because now as my own became adults, this became very clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think we only see a sneak into their lives. I wonder if the edit at Bravo is given to show Bethenny in a better light.
    I see so much of my son's g/f in Bethenny. It is the constant need for reassurance that drives me insane but she is his choice so I have to super glue my lips shut. I am forbidden from calling/texting him while they are out for the evening. Trust me the last thing I want to do is call him while he is out; I actually enjoy the peace & quiet. It is just insecurity so I do see that in Bethenny. When he's not with her the phone calls are endless, every minute endless. He stops answering his cell she starts calling the house. He shuts down & I see Jason doing the same thing.
    The situation sounds very familiar. My kids are forbidden from calling or texting my husband (we live apart thou we are not even legally separated) when he is with his girlfriend. When he is not with her, he is a very attentive and great dad but when he is with his mistress he turns into this limp you know what! A secure woman would welcome their boyfriend's mother into their lives. I think Bethanny thrives on drama!

+ Reply to Thread