+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think Bethenny has made a fortune, literally, out of playing the victim.
    Maybe. Except for the Skinny Girl empire part - you know, the part that actually made her wealthy.
    Moontat and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Maybe. Except for the Skinny Girl empire part - you know, the part that actually made her wealthy.
    Yes indeed! The cocktail brand was bought by Jim Beam (?) for a rumored $120 million? I'd call that life changing!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I think Bethenny has made a fortune, literally, out of playing the victim.
    I do think Bethanny plays somewhat "victim-like" at times but I think her drive, ambition and intelligence got her to where she is now. I'm hoping that after all her therapy, she will have a better way of handling her past pain and realize that no matter what happened in her childhood, she has done very well for herself and that she is worthy. She is now an adult and what she makes of herself is due to her own choices and her past doesn't have to play a part in that anymore. Hard job but I think it can be done.

Sugar Mama, I have to recant some of what I posted earlier to your statement of how Bethanny running thru the sprinklers with Bryn was happy and soothing rather than stressful. I wrote that before I watched the episode, basing my remarks on previous episodes. Having watched it, I agree with you...it was spectacularly happy and "feel-good" to watch her with Bryn. Hope she does that more often.

Skinny Girl would not have been successful without BRAVO. Marriages are 50/50. None is "in charge". I know Jason, I know his family. I like them. I can't watch this anymore. No more Skinny Girls for me.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I see better after watching repeat episodes. Bethenny is not good with money. She got lucky selling her company.

She is comedic and gets along well with comediens
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Skinny Girl would not have been successful without BRAVO. Marriages are 50/50. None is "in charge". I know Jason, I know his family. I like them. I can't watch this anymore. No more Skinny Girls for me.
    Knowing what you do about the cast, do you think there is real tension about the grandparents coming to visit or having Jason take the baby to visit them for a few days at a time? It seems a bit like structured drama, but I guess Bethenny could be stressed over every little minute they spend away from her, and stressed also when the g/parents are underfoot for a few days at a time. Still, it seems a tad staged.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

One thing I noticed --- when Bethenny, baby, dog, and g/parents walked into the apartment after having been out for awhile - the time the dog got left outside the apartment - Bethenny's body language and facial expression was screaming "I wish I could be here alone with my dog and my baby". She was kind about the g/mother having shut the dog out, but really was not embracing any joy whatever at having the g/parents there.
    Debb70 likes this.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Really, how many of US could pass the SCRUTINY that we put these celebritities and reality personalities through? My goodness! Every little nuance is analyzed and disected. Bethenny is one of the few reality personalities who allows more visibility into her life than most of the others --- and every little thing she does, every little expression on her face, every little moment in her life is analyzed to death by all of us.

I just wish her well, period. I see that she lives with tremendous stresses --- most of which are self-caused. Yes, this is who she is, and it is part of what makes her as driven (and successful) as she has become, as well as endearing and warm, funny, etc. as she is. She is always the first to admit this, by the way --- I think she's very humble and very self-effacing in her humor. Yes, she routinely breaks Jason's balls, but much of it is with humor, and much of it is because of her need for perfection. (Jason is a grown man, by the way, who knew pretty much who he was marrying --- and apparently loved her very much either because of or in spite of the way she is.) I wish only good things for the two of them, and I hope their love will be strong enough to withstand the stresses of their daily life together.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Really, how many of US could pass the SCRUTINY that we put these celebritities and reality personalities through? My goodness! Every little nuance is analyzed and disected. Bethenny is one of the few reality personalities who allows more visibility into her life than most of the others --- and every little thing she does, every little expression on her face, every little moment in her life is analyzed to death by all of us.

I just wish her well, period. I see that she lives with tremendous stresses --- most of which are self-caused. Yes, this is who she is, and it is part of what makes her as driven (and successful) as she has become, as well as endearing and warm, funny, etc. as she is. She is always the first to admit this, by the way --- I think she's very humble and very self-effacing in her humor. Yes, she routinely breaks Jason's balls, but much of it is with humor, and much of it is because of her need for perfection. (Jason is a grown man, by the way, who knew pretty much who he was marrying --- and apparently loved her very much either because of or in spite of the way she is.) I wish only good things for the two of them, and I hope their love will be strong enough to withstand the stresses of their daily life together.
    Much as I do like Bethenny, it's a fact for reality television castmembers that they purposely placed themselves in a position that begs for scrutiny. Of course they get analyzed to death - that's why Bravo makes these shows. Bravo expects viewers to pick through their lives, stand up and take notice when Bravo unearths skeletons, and analyze the characters to find more problems.

What I was meaning with Bethenny is that she appears not to feel joy about family visits; even though feeling stressed, she bears the visits with some grace, i.e. they did an outing together, and B. didn't chew out the g/mother for the dog being left out.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Knowing what you do about the cast, do you think there is real tension about the grandparents coming to visit or having Jason take the baby to visit them for a few days at a time? It seems a bit like structured drama, but I guess Bethenny could be stressed over every little minute they spend away from her, and stressed also when the g/parents are underfoot for a few days at a time. Still, it seems a tad staged.
    Jason & his family are genuinely nice, loving & caring people. From what I have gathered Jason brings Bryn home more than they go to NYC. Maybe that will/has changed with the new home. What was so wrong with taking Bryn to play in a sandbox? Every child eats dirt & germs in their life.

I believe Bethenny is a really great person, flawed like we all are, but she needs control & when she feels like she is losing part of that control is when the not-so-sweet Bethenny comes out. I am glad she is seeing a therapist for this. I don't think having all of this played out on TV was probably the best idea for her but without TV she would have just been a regular person like 99.9% of us are.

In all honesty I don't think she understands how what she says/does plays out in the harsh reality of life & reality tv.

I believe sometimes it is not what was said it is the tone in which it was said that is more of an issue.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread