+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1074
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

  1. #591
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    I really don't see this family as "falling apart." I see two strong people, in love with each other, real with each other, who clash sometimes.

    And clashing is a necessary part of sorting out who you are together. At least, that has been true in my 40 year marriage.

    My DH and I are polar opposites. Don't ever get us going on politics. But, we seem to complement and complete each other. We have learned to stand up to each other respectfully with affection and trust. Even before we learned that, we would clash but make up with amazing abandon.

    I don't see these two giving up on each other, or falling apart, any time soon. I suspect they are in it for the long run.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  2. #592
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I really don't see this family as "falling apart." I see two strong people, in love with each other, real with each other, who clash sometimes.

    And clashing is a necessary part of sorting out who you are together. At least, that has been true in my 40 year marriage.

    My DH and I are polar opposites. Don't ever get us going on politics. But, we seem to complement and complete each other. We have learned to stand up to each other respectfully with affection and trust. Even before we learned that, we would clash but make up with amazing abandon.

    I don't see these two giving up on each other, or falling apart, any time soon. I suspect they are in it for the long run.
    I totally agree that polar opposites (given the right level of maturity and sanity) are a wonderful combination! While my husband and I agree completely on issues of family, politics, and religion...

    I'm the worrier, he's a "meh" person -- I handle the finances and obsess over every nickel, he doesn't care as long as nothing bounces -- I have to plan for the future in minute detail for any and all contingencies, he laughs at me and doesn't think much beyond today -- I read, read, read to stay up on current events, he works crossword puzzles and goes to sleep, etc.

    Sometimes I get so wound up over things, I can see some Bethenny in me! and I can get so furious that he doesn't see it the same way! but then, he pulls me down to earth, and my Type A and his Type C results in a Type B...and we repeat it all next time

    I can see Bethenny and Jason that way. Maybe I'm just projecting, don't know. I guess I want her to be as happy as I am. Gees, am I too wrapped up in this or what?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  3. #593
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,965

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    I agree polar opposites can live happy lives together. What it takes is the willingness of both parties to work through life together rather than making every little thing an issue. The fact that after 2 years of marriage Bethenny apparently said she really didn't like Jason is curious. I suppose as long as she still loves him they can work out their issues. However if she wants a 100% YES man, sorry that's just not Jason. Jason is a great guy but he is not going to lay down and be anyone's doormat. Us "coal crackers' are tough cookies.

    I wish them only the best.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  4. #594
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    I think its Bethenny's insecurities shining through. She's been saying since even before they were married that everyone things Jason is perfect. Jason's not perfect, but he's got more of a filter on the things he does and says than Bethenny does. On the one hand, she prides herself on being so outspoken. On the other hand, she's driven crazy by the consequences of that behavior. I thought it was really telling when Bethenny was complaining that Jason doesn't say the things to her in public that he does privately. I think that's because Jason recognizes that it's rude to make everyone else feel akward while watching a husband and wife hash out their differences. Bethenny seems to think it's Jason acting fake. I think it's Jason displaying manners.

  5. #595
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think its Bethenny's insecurities shining through. She's been saying since even before they were married that everyone things Jason is perfect. Jason's not perfect, but he's got more of a filter on the things he does and says than Bethenny does. On the one hand, she prides herself on being so outspoken. On the other hand, she's driven crazy by the consequences of that behavior. I thought it was really telling when Bethenny was complaining that Jason doesn't say the things to her in public that he does privately. I think that's because Jason recognizes that it's rude to make everyone else feel akward while watching a husband and wife hash out their differences. Bethenny seems to think it's Jason acting fake. I think it's Jason displaying manners.
    (bolded) I totally agree, good point! I immediately remembered Bethenny doing the pee-on-the-stick pregnancy test with cameras rolling. She said very readily this is reality tv and it wouldn't be reality to not show that (not an exact quote). She's right I also recall LuAnn sniffing that she'd never show her bathroom on television! I can see that, too

    Bethenny's blatent openness is what has made her fun to watch (along with her attitude about it)...but it's time to grow up, tone it down, and start acting like Bryn's mother and not a star wannabe. She's got her business, she's got her wealth, she's got her husband and child and family. She needs to dial it back to a more "normal" level and live the good life that's right in front of her.

    Just my opinion.
    Debb70, sparklete and AlwaysVeg like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  6. #596
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    I actually don't have that much of a problem with Bethenny letting it all play out in front of the cameras. What I have a problem with is her letting issues play out in front of their friends (or her employees). It seems like if they're out to dinner with friends and Bethenny gets mad at Jason for something, she'll let it be known right there. Jason on the other hand will wait until they're home and away from the friends, and then talk about it. Bethenny's way makes a table full of people feel akward, and start looking around trying not to make eye contact with anyone. It's rude.
    Starbucks880, Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

  7. #597
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Bethenny complaining that people treat her badly, because of her money.

    Bethenny Frankel Says People Treat Her... | Gather

    I'm not really buying that. I think that Bethenny may just be playing the victim, for some reason. I have seen Bethenny be incredibly kind to people, but I have also seen her be picky, insistent and refuse to let a matter go. I can see how after awhile that might make someone respond to you negatively.

  8. #598
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Never having made a few million in one year, I just don't know how other people are affected by it. But, I do think it's true that money
    "changes everything." It removes certain challenges from your life, challenges that have made you a stronger person and given you a "conquering" spirit. And that loss can be a shock as well as a letdown.

    And people do look at you differently when you rise above a certain income level and become affluent. Maybe not your close family and your "besties," but your colleagues and acquaintances? Lots of them do, and they speculate/gossip about you, and you can get the feeling that they no longer wish you well. It can be hurtful and surprising.

    The Gather writer characterizes Bethenny as "one of the richest women in the entertainment industry." Really?? I don't think so.The whole tone of this piece (including its title) seems a mite OTT considering it's based on a brief excerpt from an interview Bethenny gave in Forbes.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  9. #599
    FORT Fogey Starbucks880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually don't have that much of a problem with Bethenny letting it all play out in front of the cameras. What I have a problem with is her letting issues play out in front of their friends (or her employees). It seems like if they're out to dinner with friends and Bethenny gets mad at Jason for something, she'll let it be known right there. Jason on the other hand will wait until they're home and away from the friends, and then talk about it. Bethenny's way makes a table full of people feel akward, and start looking around trying not to make eye contact with anyone. It's rude.
    I agree. It isn't right to make everyone feel uncomfortable. Nobody likes to be around a couple who is bickering. My husband and I both feel that way. In fact, we have hosted wonderful dinner parties and not let anyone know we are both angry at each other and then when the last person leaves, we go inside and start yelling at each other (or out in the car if we haven't gotten all the kids to friend's or grandparent's houses.)
    Debb70 likes this.

  10. #600
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: Bethenny Ever After

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Bethenny complaining that people treat her badly, because of her money.

    Bethenny Frankel Says People Treat Her... | Gather

    I'm not really buying that. I think that Bethenny may just be playing the victim, for some reason. I have seen Bethenny be incredibly kind to people, but I have also seen her be picky, insistent and refuse to let a matter go. I can see how after awhile that might make someone respond to you negatively.
    I think Bethenny has made a fortune, literally, out of playing the victim.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.