+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Brynn is one adorable little girl. I am not sure how much I am going to continue watching though. I would really like to know what her problem is with Jason's parents. They are wonderful people. Jason is their only surviving child & Brynn is their only grandchild.
    sparklete likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I think her problem with Jason's parents is that for a reality show to work, there has to be some sort of conflict. Lots of people can relate to in-law issues, so its a natural fit. I could be entirely wrong, but I think a lot of the conflict with them is drummed up for the cameras.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

I can't say who is cuter: Bryn or Portia (BH) it's such a toss up!

Watching Bethenny is entertaining in itself - her personality is so spicy and funny, that in itself is interesting. Interjecting "drama" (especially contrived drama) will ruin her show, in my opinion. Perhaps this should be the last year, because how long can watching Bethenny go on? Please don't add fake drama to ruin it. She should leave on a high note and enjoy her success.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Love watching Bethenny, even if some drama is hype. I'm reminded that she carried the RHNY and they're not interesting without her, now just a bunch of middle aged women trying to look special.

Don't like seeing Bethenny - or anyone- pretending to do yoga. Yoga should be performed in a mindful, calm, centered, quiet manner - not zillions of thoughts streaming and shout-outs to the hired help. Her time spent on the yoga mat could be much more productive.

Skinny Girl skin care products were in WalMart over Christmas, and I saw a huge shelf of them marked down. I bought the 5.75 oz. Margarita Body Lotion & tiny jar of face scrub for $3.00, packaged together. The packaging is ugly, the lotion is an ok lime green color, but the cap is toy truck red. I'm guessing Bethenny didn't design or sign off on quality for this stuff. Too bad, 'cause it diminishes her brand.

Well, I do love Bethenny, and hope through the lumps and bumps of family matters and business decisions that she continues to triumph!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I like Bethanny but I think she just adds to her stress by doing too much. Won't stop me from watching but I do wonder why she still feels she has to take on so much in her life. But maybe that's just what she does and doesn't know how to have a less stressful life. Could just be the only way she knows how to function.

I've always enjoyed Bethanny, both on the RoNY and her own show. Lately she's getting on my nerves. It seems as if she's always whining. The psychiatrist/therapy element is scripted and doesn't add much to the show, except to make Bethenny whine even more. I know she's a working mom; however, she gets foot massages while she delegates assignments. If that's her idea of great Yoga, I'll eat my hat. She's always walking somewhere to eat lunch or go to a party. She's married to a man who obviously adores her, and his family adores her as well. The Hoppy's seems like they'd fight a den of lions for Bethenny, Jason and Bryn. I don't see why Jason's church attendance should bother Bethanny one bit...or his family's. Perhaps if Bethanny practiced her own faith a tad more diligently she'd find an element of calm coming into her cluttered life, or maybe not.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love Bethenny and feel like I've gotten to 'know' her as a good friend, after watching her these several years on RHNY and her own shows. I say 'good friend' because one thing she does, is let the public see what going on in her life --- both the good and the bad. Nobody's perfect. It's easy for us to sit back and criticize, but not one of us is perfect, and none of our lives is perfect. Bethenny is doing the best she can -- and as far as I'm concerned, she's doing pretty well! How many of us have been in our late thirties with practically no money, barely paying our rent, no boyfriend, no babies --- just a lot of hard work and many dreams --- to becoming, within a very short time, a happily married wife and mother with an extremely successful multi-multi-million dollar ever-expanding business, 2 reality shows and an upcoming talk show?????????

By the way, when Bethenny was on the Ellen DeGeneris show this week, she had just, that day, found out that the baby she lost was a little girl. She was barely holding it together during the show and it was really sad to see her in so much pain.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 02-25-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    ...By the way, when Bethenny was on the Ellen DeGeneris show this week, she had just, that day, found out that the baby she lost was a little girl. She was barely holding it together during the show and it was really sad to see her in so much pain.
    Oh no, she was far enough along to know the gender - either through ultrasound, genetic testing, or from the little body. So sad, something a a mother never forgets. May she keep her eyes and joy on Bryn to get her through. Losing a child is the worst thing a mother can experience.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Whining, then owning up to responsibility for her life has been part of Bethenny's schtick- much of it probably for show. Of all TV therapists, hers seems the most grounded in reality - scripted to some degree b/c he wouldn't want to overreach and expose himself and Bethenny beyond their ability to accept the consequences. I like hearing their interchanges and wonder if she actually is getting some therapy there in addition to drama footage. Maybe. Whatever, I find it interesting and think it adds to the episodes to show her calmly talking with someone who brings perspective to her life.

The Hoppy family and church business - bunch of baloney, but they need more than Bethenny's wisecracks, sex talk, and swearing to make the episodes work. I don't think Bethenny has a "faith", not in somekinda god anyway, and I cannot believe faith in a superbeing gives actual calm - that comes from a different place, and some people just call it god or faith b/c it's a shortcut that needs no explanation. Her life sure is cluttered, though- If I were trying to do business and family out of that tiny space, I'd be an organizational maniac. Otherwise I'd get nothing done! Well, in any event, I think Bethenny is interesting!

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I guess Dawah is no longer Brynn's nanny?

+ Reply to Thread