+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Bethenny Frankel lost at sea for 20 hours before being rescued by Coast Guard

Just read this in US Weekly, then online. Boy, Bethenny sure is building an interesting resume!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Wow, scary! I'm glad Bryn wasn't there though!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I can her it now...Bethenny at a cocktail party: "jabber...jabber...jabber...jab ber...and then there was the time I was lost at sea..."
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Well, if I was lost at sea for twenty hours, you bet I'd tell that story at a cocktail party!

WOW, what a story for her tv show! Can you imagine the drama? Man, remember the meltdown Bethenny had in the ladies room in her first season, because she was upset with the large size of her birthday party? I can only imagine how being lost at sea really put her over the top!!!!!! LOL

In "US Weekly" this week, page 43 - it says the following:

Reality star Bethenny Frankel, 40, ranked third (behind Oprah Winfrey, 57, and Lady gaga, 25) on Forbes' list of entertainment's highest-earning women. She pulled in $55 million between May 2010 and May 2011.

Hey Jill...did ya hear that? I think Bethenny got a hobby.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It seems that Bethenny is under suspicion now for telling tall tales.
    Now, it turns out that Bethenny's "all natural" Skinnygirl cocktail mix, reportedly sold for $120 million, was actually sold for $8.1 million.

When news of the former "Real Housewives of New York" star's Skinnygirl sale broke, Forbes magazine reported that she was one of the highest-earning women in entertainment, topping Beyonce, Taylor Swift and Angelina Jolie. But now the magazine has issued a tough statement about the lady who graced its cover.

"We're taking this very seriously. We based our numbers at the time of reporting on solid sources. We're aware of the new information [uncovered by HuffPost Celebrity] and we're looking into it right now," Dan Bigman, Forbes executive editor, tells me. "We're going to review all the information thoroughly and talk to Ms. Frankel before taking any steps. If there are any inaccuracies, we'll correct them. If clarification is required, we'll do so."
    Forbes Magazine Looking Into Bethenny Frankel's Financials

Forbes Magazine reports its info based on hearsay? Booo - that's a disappointment. I'd have thought better of anything bearing the name Forbes. Being a "numbers" person, I'd never state something like that in a reputable publication without verification. What in the HECK then do they base their numbers on at all? A spinner?

And the "Lost at Sea" thing - I remember reading that their GPS went out and that the crew was there filming (the reason for the trip?) - that's how we knew it would be a part of the show. Danger? No. Drama? Oh yeah The captain knew they weren't in danger - after all, I do believe people sailed before GPS
    Last edited by SugarMama; 10-15-2011 at 09:55 PM.

It will be interesting to learn whether Forbes got this right. I'm a subscriber & regular reader, and I just hate how Forbes himself and his writers manage sometimes to mischaracterise things in the magazine. Steve writes a one or two page "Fact & Comment" each month, and he can be vicious and off the mark. He's not infallible.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

From what I"ve read, it seems she really only got the 8 Million. But wouldn't she have said something when she was being interviewed and photographed for that article? I would hope so otherwise I find her to be dishonest and a schemer...I don't want her to be that.
    darn.
    I also heard the lost at sea was a big scam, blown out of proportion for publicity and that they were never in danger.
    darn.

+ Reply to Thread