+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Bethenny denies the LA show title on Twitter today. She says you should only believe 50% of what you read and hear.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Bethenny denies the LA show title on Twitter today. She says you should only believe 50% of what you read and hear.
    That's the problem Bethenny: which half/50% are we supposed to believe?
    I do hope this isn't her shows last season on Bravo.

I think it's just amazing how Bethanny's life has gone...... for so many years, absolutely nothing was working for her and now, it's all spectacular. Glad she hung in there and kept trying to make a name for herself. I often forget that she's really a chef.....or is that a cook? nope, a real chef.

Our local news tonight just featured a story that Whole Foods' has removed Skinny Girl Margarita from their shelves. They said it was because there was an ingredient in it that could cause cancer.
    I'll see if I can find the story online and post it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Our local news tonight just featured a story that Whole Foods' has removed Skinny Girl Margarita from their shelves. They said it was because there was an ingredient in it that could cause cancer.
    I'll see if I can find the story online and post it.
    It's a preservative that's commonly used for food products to give them a more stable shelf life. Only the media would hype it up to cause some sensationalism whenever they can. Here's Bethenny's response to the situation:

FIRST PUBLISHED: September 1, 2011 3:34 PM EDT Access Exclusive: Bethenny Frankel Responds To Skinnygirl Cocktail’s Removal From Whole Foods | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- "Access Exclusive: Bethenny Frankel Responds To Skinnygirl"

Bethenny Frankel’s wildly popular Skinnygirl cocktail line has been removed from Whole Foods, but the Bravo star isn’t fretting over it.

“Skinnygirl cocktails were created to solve a problem: to create a line of guilt free cocktails allowing women to drink the indulgent drinks they actually want to drink with as few ingredients as possible,” Bethenny said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

“I’m not making wheatgrass here. If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. [The Skinnygirl Margarita] is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf stable product,” her statement continued.

Earlier on Thursday, Whole Foods told Access in a statement, “This product had been offered in 16 of Whole Foods Market’s 310 stores. After discovering that it contains a preservative that does not meet our quality standards, we have had to stop selling it.”

Bethenny, who recently sold her diet-friendly cocktail empire for a reported $120 million, appears to be unfazed by the removal from the popular grocery chain.

“With all due respect to Whole Foods, we were in a dozen of their stores and have decided not to continue in these stores. They represent an infinitesimal fraction of our business. We are, in fact, the fastest growing spirits brand in the US,” her statement continued. “We were bound to piss someone off and everyone loves to try to tear down a success. This is a non-event. I haven’t lost even a wink of sleep.”

FORT Fogey

Good for her! Honestly, I'm surprised Whole Foods was even carrying it in the first place.

Girl's got game.

I found Skinnh Girl Sangria. It was OK but for $15/bottle I doubt I would buy another bottle. IMHO Arbor Mist was better & only cost $5.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Or you can do what they do in Spain: buy the cheapest jug of red you can find and dump in a quart of lemonade or lemon/lime soda.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Or you can do what they do in Spain: buy the cheapest jug of red you can find and dump in a quart of lemonade or lemon/lime soda.
    Now, that's my kind of drink!!

+ Reply to Thread