+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 108 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Dinner at Outback tonight. They also have a "skinny" margarita. Yep, copycats. Hope it doesn't cramp Bethenny's plans.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I think Jose Cuervo has come out with a low calorie margarita as well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I think Jose Cuervo has come out with a low calorie margarita as well.
    They have and it's brilliant marketing strategy that they are advertising on Bravo during the Housewives shows.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Bethenny had a really good idea in selling bottled cocktails that are low calorie and contain only natural ingredients. It's no surprise, now that she has PROVED there is a market for these kinds of drinks, that she is being copied. But she doesn't seem too concerned about it. After all, she's already made a lot of money from her SkinnyGirl cocktails (that will assure her financial security for the rest of her life and her family's life). She has moved on to other new Skinnygirl drinks and other new products. And as she said on Twitter, the competitors are concerned with what she has already done --- she's concerned with what she will do in the future.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Imitation - the sincerest form of flattery. You know your product is successful when you get $20M for licensing it and all the competitors fall in line. I couldn't be happier for Bethenny and her family.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I think its easy for Bethenny to say she's not concerned about the imitator/competitors, because there's not really anything she could do about it if she were concerned. She can protect her brand name, but cannot prevent others from competing in the same arena any more than Budweiser coudl prevent Miller from making beer, or McDonalds could prevent Wendy's from making fast hamburgers. All she can do at this point is to make sure her brand is the preferred brand. She cannot keep others from competing against her brand.
    norealityhere likes this.

FORT Fan

Bethenny's statement at the time of the sale:

"Recently, it was announced that I had sold the rights to the Skinnygirl cocktails brand to Beam Global Spirits & Wine, one of the world’s largest spirits companies. You are the ones who made Skinnygirl as popular as it is, so I want to give you all the details about this decision.

The Skinnygirl Margarita was a solution I came up with for a simple problem: We all want a delicious cocktail, but we don’t want the guilt or the hangover.

I knew the product would be a hit, so I brought it to all of the major liquor companies, run by men—incidentally—and no one wanted it. I knew I had a good idea, and as I say in my new book, “A Place of Yes,” never assume that anyone is smarter than you. This was a great idea, and I wasn’t going rely on the opinions of men, when I knew women would be the ones buying and drinking it.

So I decided to develop the product and the brand myself.

Lo and behold: A craze began, an entirely new category in this industry was created, and I had demand for what became the Cabbage Patch Doll of cocktails. We were the Little Cocktail That Could, trying to keep up with unprecedented demand within an industry we were racing to gain an understanding of.

When Beam came along, I was completely reluctant to share or give up my baby. This brand with so much potential was mine to grow. I was the first to come up with this concept, and I wanted to keep it that way—rolling out all of my new flavors, sizes, and marketing ideas. I wanted the ability to go global. I have a great international fan base, and they’re clamoring for Skinnygirl Margaritas as well. At the same time, all of the other liquor giants have been scrambling to try to copy this brand with cheap imitations. My job is to get you a wide variety of high-quality Skinnygirl cocktails as soon as possible.

My decision to “partner” with Beam (and I use that word intentionally) was entered into and decided upon because I will remain integrally involved. I will remain creator, collaborator, marketer, flavor inventor, and idea person. Beam understood that if I wasn’t involved, we couldn’t do this.

I also couldn’t do it to you: my fans who drink this product because you know I created it to be the cocktail you can trust. This will remain the case; I will still look to you for ideas and decisions about what you want next, and I will always put your opinions first.

I think this was a great decision, and I can’t wait for you to try all of the new things I’ve been dying to bring to market for you!"
    JORY'sMom likes this.
    Trust Me!

While at the hair salon, I was flipping through some magazine (US or People -I think) there was a short article about Bethenny starting a make up or skin care line. She's on the fast track to wealth and fame! I'm happy for her

FORT Fan

Cute picture of Bryn and Bethenny (posted by Bethenny)

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h8qi9ruj Shared by Bethenny

Does anyone know if Bethenny's been filming or plans to do another season?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread