+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I agree. I'd like to think that Bethenny has seen the light regarding "Reality Shows" - I read recently that she only did RoNYC because she wanted to promote her brand (aaaaaand ka-ching)! I wonder if she or Bravo truly anticipated how Bethenny's persona would resonate among the viewers. Her betrayal by Jill was astronomical in terms of her personal ratings (just my opinion). As Bethenny stood outside in her red coat crying after being lambasted and dumped by Jill...I cried, too. Go figure, she has that effect on people.

Don't know why, but I care about her. Dammit. That moment is burned in my brain. Could've been completely staged, and if so my hat's off to her acting skills. But I don't think so.

Who'd have thought that such an outspoken, in-your-face, tough girl would come across as so fragile and in need of compassion? Perhaps many of us ladies see some of ourselves in Bethenny?

Anyway, if they want it, I hope they have another baby. But whatever, progression from Jason1 to Jill to Jason2 with baby has been refreshing!
    SugarMama, I totally, totally agree!!! I really enjoyed Bethenny before that awful moment on the street --- but that was the defining moment for me too, when my heart completely broke for her! Now that we "know" her a bit better through everything that she's openly shared, we can be pretty sure that Jill's horrid treatment must have felt just like it was her mother betraying her, and it must've been excruciating for her! And like you (and apparently thousands of others) I see her as both strong, on one hand, and extremely vulnerable on the other. She wears her heart on her sleeve all the time --- with no apologies. Maybe that's part of why we genuinely care about her so much. But whatever the reason, when people say harsh things about her, it truly hurts me --- just as if they were saying mean things about someone who was a close friend of mine. She does have that effect on people, and if more people read what she writes to her fans, they would see that she really, really seems to care about them! I'm just so glad she's willing to share so much of her life with everyone, because those moments are some of my very favorites!

FORT Fan
    Trust Me!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

To me, that just looks like a big shirt. Not a big Bethenney. She said in an interview last month that they are going to try to conceive. So... if she's preggers, she'd only be about 3 weeks along.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Maybe? Maybe not? hard to tell except Bethanny is always so thin that even a tiny tummy bulge makes us think she's preggers.
    And there's def a tiny bulge.
    Just hope it's what they want.

Anyone see the ads on TV for Jose Cuervo's new 100 calorie premixed Margareta drink w/alcohol already in it? Looks like there's some competition now for Bethenny's Skinny Girl version....
    Last edited by Holly in SoCal; 07-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Anyone see the ads on TV for Jose Cuervo's new 100 calorie premixed Margareta drink w/alcohol already in it? Looks like there's some competition now for Bethenny's Skinny Girl version....
    Yes, I noticed, and think I'll try it. I've been doctoring up SkinnyGirl and I like it, but maybe JCuervo will be good right out of the bottle. Bethenny has a new one, sangria maybe? I'm so glad she's making it big. Haven't heard anything about the lawsuit she reportedly was in, and with luck it might have gone away.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    She does have that effect on people.
    I'm just so glad she's willing to share so much of her life with everyone, because those moments are some of my very favorites!
    I think that's exactly why we all like Bethanny so much. She allows us to see the "real Bethanny" without any pretenses, posturing, role-playing, etc. It helps us relate to her because we all have our strong points and our weak ones.
    How can anyone relate to the Countess?? Who really knows who she is anyway?
    Jill is so nasty no one wants to relate to her!
    And the same for the rest of them...they're too insecure to let the public see who they really are and think they have us fooled by the semi-phony personality they present us with.
    At least, that's how I view Bethanny because she allows me to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

FORT Fogey

I feel the same way. I'll always like the "characters" who allow us to see their whole selves, and own it.

Bethenny is marketing an affordable skincare line - love her frankness! (no pun intended...really). Gosh, she seems so normal I keep waiting to learn how I've been duped.

Bethenny Frankel expands Skinnygirl empire to include budget skincare | Mail Online
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I've not see those ads, but the other night I was at Carrabba's and on their cocktail menu they offer "Skinny" Margaritas - I asked the waiter if that was related to Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl, but he said no. Copycats popping up everywhere.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread