+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I paid $7 for a glass of this stuff at the restaurant so $14 a bottle is reasonable.

This stuff does have tequilla in it so all you have to do is add ice & a lime.
    It's a little early in the day for a cocktail, but my mouth is feeling rather thirsty right now and that drink sounds very good! I may try to find some for this weekend.

I think that when people like Oprah, Bethenny, Jerry Seinfield, Dr. Phil, etc. make it big, it can be easy for them to say that anyone can realize their dreams with hardwork and dedication. Well, some people work very hard their entire lives and don't get their dreams. It's true. A lot of it comes down to skill of course, personality and being at the right place at the right time. Some call it luck or fate. Regardless of the success some of these big names achieve, I know they are no smarter and have worked no harder than many other people in this world, but I'm okay with their success.

I have often heard that the true sign of a successful person is how they make others feel special. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that when people like Oprah, Bethenny, Jerry Seinfield, Dr. Phil, etc. make it big, it can be easy for them to say that anyone can realize their dreams with hardwork and dedication. Well, some people work very hard their entire lives and don't get their dreams. It's true. A lot of it comes down to skill of course, personality and being at the right place at the right time. Some call it luck or fate. Regardless of the success some of these big names achieve, I know they are no smarter and have worked no harder than many other people in this world, but I'm okay with their success.

I have often heard that the true sign of a successful person is how they make others feel special. I agree.
    That was very well articulated Debb and thank you for those words of wisdom. I couldn't agree with you more

It's a little early in the day for a cocktail, but my mouth is feeling rather thirsty right now and that drink sounds very good! I may try to find some for this weekend.

Seinfeld is a self-righteous, entitled jerk.........his statements he made on a British program badmouthing Prince William and Kate -- "they're nothing special" and their wedding would be a "circus." That makes him UNsuccessful.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Seinfeld is a self-righteous, entitled jerk.........his statements he made on a British program badmouthing Prince William and Kate -- "they're nothing special" and their wedding would be a "circus." That makes him UNsuccessful.
    I am very disappointed in the kind of person Jerry Seinfeld has been turning into --- but then, that is unfortunately very common with people who 'make it big' and become so full of themselves that they also become "self-righteous entitled jerks." Somehow, I don't see that happening with Bethenny, because I think she will always be very, very grateful for her success ---- especially because she worked so hard for it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think Bethenny worked hard for her success, too, and it took her almost 20 years to achieve. Yes, she's had some big breaks but she has always had goals and made good decisions along the way to achieve them. I love her spirit!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I have nothing against Bethenny. It wasn't my intention to lump her in with a disliked person. I didn't know anything about Jerry Seinfield and this latest controversy. I was just pulling names out of the air for people who made it big and bascially don't have to work anymore. Sorry......LOL How odd.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I have nothing against Bethenny. It wasn't my intention to lump her in with a disliked person. I didn't know anything about Jerry Seinfield and this latest controversy. I was just pulling names out of the air for people who made it big and bascially don't have to work anymore. Sorry......LOL How odd.
    I didn't think you were disparraging Bethenny, Debb. And your point is well taken: it takes both hard work, and a lot of good fortune smiling upon you to become successful and wealthy.

My definition of success has nothing to do with money. It's loving what you do. It's getting out of bed and looking forward to getting to work. It's laughing at the fact you'd probably do it for free.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I didn't think you were disparraging Bethenny, Debb. And your point is well taken: it takes both hard work, and a lot of good fortune smiling upon you to become successful and wealthy.

My definition of success has nothing to do with money. It's loving what you do. It's getting out of bed and looking forward to getting to work. It's laughing at the fact you'd probably do it for free.
    That's a biggie. I have heard people in show biz say that. I think I have heard Dick Van Dyke, Joan Rivers make that comment. I made a big mistake and didn't go into journalism. In retrospect, I think I would have loved to be a tv or movie producer. I like communications, news, education and music. I didn't realize how picking a career just because you might be good at it, doesn't mean it will make you happy. Still, I guess all jobs can be stressful or frustrating at times.

Hmmmmmmmmm..okay I do see your point. I DO love my job. I recently received a job offer that would have almost doubled my salary & I declined it. The benefits of my current position just outweighed the other job.

Has this season ended? I've been indisposed for the past two weeks with my son. My first stop is with Bethenny...last episode I saw was the conclusion of Skating w/the Stars.

In fact, I've not watched ANY of the Houswives either. I've got some serious catching up to do! Don't know where to start.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread