+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I really don't think we can say what is or is not "normal" for people to see their family. What I like about all the people involved is that they are all trying to work it out and respect the other person's point of view. Bethenny and Jason come from very different backgrounds and I think that one of the challenges they are dealing with now is that Bethenny's expectation of moving toward a closer relationship with Jason's parents in small doses is different than Jason's expectation. I also think that while we see and hear of how difficult and cold Bethenny's upbringing was, Jason's family still hasn't completely dealt with the trauma of his brother's death. It comes up very often in the personal interviews. Jason will never be able to "make up" for his brother's death. I don't know how much of this is Jason taking on that role, versus how much his parents use that language, but I think that that is a family issue that Jason needs to work on resolving.

I'm not a big fan of Bethenny, but I do agree that she makes for good TV.
    I just find her comments overly snarky.
    I didn't like the comments she made about Jason's hometown / friends.
    I thought the Bon Jovi guy was adorable. He may drive overly far for a haircut, but he still manages, IMO, to look a lot better than Bethenny.

As far as the in-laws, thy strike me as very loving and warm people who've embraced their son's wife. They're more than understanding of a possible move to the WC for Jason, Bethenny and Brynn.
    Bethenny could have Mother Teresa for a mother in law and I think she'd still find something to complain about.

On another note, what was up with the bra fittings? Both bras she tried on, and especially the one she purchased, did not fit at all well. Her b**bs were totally trying to b*st out of the bottom. Not a well fitting bra at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Did anyone else think that Jason's friend with the "Bon Jovi" haircut, looked like he was wearing a wig? When he came to visit Jason's family home, I thought oh the poor guy probably is having chemo and wanted to look good on camera. Wrong!!!!!! He was cute though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    I really don't think we can say what is or is not "normal" for people to see their family. What I like about all the people involved is that they are all trying to work it out and respect the other person's point of view. Bethenny and Jason come from very different backgrounds and I think that one of the challenges they are dealing with now is that Bethenny's expectation of moving toward a closer relationship with Jason's parents in small doses is different than Jason's expectation. I also think that while we see and hear of how difficult and cold Bethenny's upbringing was, Jason's family still hasn't completely dealt with the trauma of his brother's death. It comes up very often in the personal interviews. Jason will never be able to "make up" for his brother's death. I don't know how much of this is Jason taking on that role, versus how much his parents use that language, but I think that that is a family issue that Jason needs to work on resolving.
    I agree with most of what you said here except the bolded part. And I say this with the utmost respect.
    Speaking from experience, I feel Jason's parents have dealt with the trauma of his brother's death as well as they could. There is no closure on that type of experience, there is no getting past it, it will always remain an open wound when a parent loses a child. But people, like his parents, can and do enjoy everything else that life has to offer and are not mired down in constant grief or depression. I also don't think they expect Jason to "make up" for being the last surviving child. I do everything I can so my daughter never feels that way because it would be an impossible task.

I think the subject comes up because it's better to speak about the elephant in the room than to ignore it. In our home, whenever we have family get-togethers it is painfully obvious to all of us that one is missing and we feel that loss, even though we're happy to be together.
    (sorry if I'm a little passionate about this )

This is just one of the adjustments that newly married people have to make when they come from different types of background and I think that all of them are sincerly kind enough to work it out. Personally, I'd just follow my adult child and grandchild if they moved. That way I'd be around to help/enjoy the baby (and them) but not be a continual "guest."

Actually my son & I wouldn't think twice about driving to Philly to get a Pat's cheesesteak but yea now with gas prices the way they are we might

Bryan died probably 18-20 years ago. I doubt you ever get over the death of a child but with time the wounds stop hemmoraging but still hurt and bleed.
    The Hoppy are good, normal people who miss both of their sons.

When my son was away in college for 4 years he came home every other weekend. Once he & his g/f find real jobs and move (fingers crossed) they will be home every other weekend. I honestly believe that their future plans would include them having both her Mom & me living in the same block as they do.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I don't see Jason's parents as being smothering at all. I'm sure they see Brynn maybe once a month if they're lucky and are acting as any grandparents would, who wish for more time with their grandchild. It's time for B to let go of the childhood trauma and embrace the family that she says she craves.
    Actually, you're wrong. Both sides have said that they see her almost every week. At the time of the visit, they'd seen her the previous week. Both Mrs. Hoppy and B said so.

I, too, live in a town where families all live right near each other, or one town over (less than 20 minutes). It's very different - you see your extended family as often as you see your immediate family, almost. Because they're so close, there's no reason not to at least see them Sundays for dinner.

So I can see how it would be hard for Bethenny and Jason, trying to maintain that bond with Jason's family from a farther distance. It wouldn't be smothering if they were closer and it was a smaller deal to see them, but because it's a trip, it becomes more pressure. I think it's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. Both sides have said that they see her almost every week. At the time of the visit, they'd seen her the previous week. Both Mrs. Hoppy and B said so.

I, too, live in a town where families all live right near each other, or one town over (less than 20 minutes). It's very different - you see your extended family as often as you see your immediate family, almost. Because they're so close, there's no reason not to at least see them Sundays for dinner.

So I can see how it would be hard for Bethenny and Jason, trying to maintain that bond with Jason's family from a farther distance. It wouldn't be smothering if they were closer and it was a smaller deal to see them, but because it's a trip, it becomes more pressure. I think it's understandable.
    Actually I don't believe that I heard anyone say that they had just seen each other the previous week-end. If that was the case, why was Bethenny in such an animated state of shock and not knowing a silo from a "smoke stack"? She was beyond rude and condescending to the residents of her husbands hometown......not cool, no matter how you slice it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Actually I don't believe that I heard anyone say that they had just seen each other the previous week-end. If that was the case, why was Bethenny in such an animated state of shock and not knowing a silo from a "smoke stack"? She was beyond rude and condescending to the residents of her husbands hometown......not cool, no matter how you slice it.
    Yes, Bethenny and Mrs. Hoppy DID say that they had just gotten together the previous weekend.

And you guys, it IS cool!! Very cool! Bethenny and Jason have a GREAT relationship. They tease each other -- that's their way -- they banter back and forth - with humor And they both seem to love it! The comments about the smoke stack/silo, and the people with no teeth, etc. etc. are Bethenny's humor. It's very cryptic, but that's her style of humor. And Jason LOVES it ---he laughs hysterically the more she does it. Didn't you see him laughing hysterically about the 'husband farting' in the car + when they were sitting on the couch and Bethenny was telling Jason she wasn't leaving any money to his "ho in a pink cardigan" --- Jason almost fell off the couch laughing.

Lighten up folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Yes, Bethenny and Mrs. Hoppy DID say that they had just gotten together the previous weekend.

And you guys, it IS cool!! Very cool! Bethenny and Jason have a GREAT relationship. They tease each other -- that's their way -- they banter back and forth - with humor And they both seem to love it! The comments about the smoke stack/silo, and the people with no teeth, etc. etc. are Bethenny's humor. It's very cryptic, but that's her style of humor. And Jason LOVES it ---he laughs hysterically the more she does it. Didn't you see him laughing hysterically about the 'husband farting' in the car + when they were sitting on the couch and Bethenny was telling Jason she wasn't leaving any money to his "ho in a pink cardigan" --- Jason almost fell off the couch laughing.

Lighten up folks.
    It's very cool? Sorry, not going to give her a pass because "that's just the way she is". "Cryptic", not so much....just plain rude. Jason may be used to her caustic remarks but the inhabitants of that town may not be. I don't even care if the people that live there agree with her. There is a level of respect that one should bring when a guest in someone's home and I saw none of that. I much prefer it when she is snarking on other housewives who signed up for the drama than innocent people who did not.

Still in love with Cookie ♥
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-05-2011 at 10:41 AM.

I've talked to alot of people in this area about the show & how Bethenny depicted the Hazleton area & the residents of Hazleton. Almost everyone loves Bethenny and the show most were offened by what they preceived to be callous remarks. It didn't really bother me because my feelings are if you can't joke about yourself you are taking yourself way too seriously. For the record, the area Jason's parents live is a rural, farming area so corn silos are normal. The one they showed is 2 blocks from my home. Alot of the regions farming families have sold off lots for residential building so that is the mixture in the area. She is correct, there isn't anything in the downtown area. Once the local mall was built, business in the downtown area went the way of the dodo bird. Politics have kept any plans to revitalize that area from happening although there are plans to revitalize the area so we will see what happens. Bethenny would be more than welcome to be a part of this. All she would have to do is have a Skinny Girl event in the area. I would be happy to help with this & I am sure there are many businesses in the area willing to participate as well. NYC is a little over 2 hours away. Bryn is growing so fast it is only natural for jason's family to want to be a part of every bit of it. She may be the only grandchild they will ever have.

+ Reply to Thread