+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I had my very first Skinny Girl Marghrita last night. It was great but WOW!! Glad I didn't have to drive home but then again if I were driving I wouldn't have had a drink.
    This morning I found bottles of Skinny Girl at a nearby state store. I have a bottle in the fridge. Party tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The Jill that I saw interacting with Bethenny when they were at their closest has left the building. It's like that person is not at home in Jill's body anymore.
    That was in the beginning when jillzarin was trying to be the best-liked RHNY; she didn't wear the little princess nicelady act with any grace whatever. Then she tried the hovering mothering act; that didn't work for jillzarin either. There's an old Jewish saying:

A friend you have to buy
    Enemies you get for free

Jillzarin has probably heard those words a thousand times--- She doesn't yet know what they mean - she shows up with gifts most places Bravo films her; as if that makes up for her decidedly nasty habit of trashing everyone she meets.

Jillzarin deserves every last tear she sheds over Bethenny's decision to avoid her.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I had my very first Skinny Girl Marghrita last night. It was great but WOW!! Glad I didn't have to drive home but then again if I were driving I wouldn't have had a drink.
    This morning I found bottles of Skinny Girl at a nearby state store. I have a bottle in the fridge. Party tonight!
    I have seen it in the stores. Is it as sweet as I've heard it is? What is a state store?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I have seen it in the stores. Is it as sweet as I've heard it is? What is a state store?
    The state of Pennsylvania owns all the liquior stores. It is an out of date law that is slowing changes. There are a few grocery stores that are now allowed to sell beer & wine but only in limited quantites.

Skinny Girl is most definately not sweet at all. It really tastes like a fresh lime. It is very potent so make sure you use a lot of ice. It was $14 a bottle. There were 4 left so I took 2 of them. One drink left me tipsy but I wasn't driving. Hear that Sonja!

I am having a medical test done later in the week so no drinking for me until Saturday night. I am planning on buying salt & fresh limes.

Thanks PA Snow Bunny and enjoy your SGM when you are able.

FORT Fanatic

The Commonwealth of Virginia also has state ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control Stores). Recently the governor wanted to sell them off and use the money for construction (I think) but that didn't seem to go over. Seems short-sighted to me, but then I don't drink. Plenty of places to buy beer and wine in grocery stores.

$14 for a bottle. That seems like a lot.
    I don't typically buy mixers in bottles. Are they all that expensive?
    I can get a pretty good bottle of wine for $14. Not sure a maragarita mix is worth that.
    Is it?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've always liked Bethenny but I'm starting to wonder whether she realizes how much of her success has to do with lucking into the Real Housewives show. Not because she hasn't worked hard and doesn't deserve to have good things happen to her, but because of her preaching that hard work and following your dreams is the ticket to success. It isn't, always. Life isn't that simple.

The reality is that Skinny Girl Margaritas would be just another random idea for anyone without a marketable persona; not a $120 million business. I guess I would like to see a little more acknowledgement of the degree to which she fell into fame and fortune -- if only for the sense of gratitude that seems missing at times.

The flip side of that is that there's a whole generation of kids who are setting their sights on reality TV as the way to become rich and famous. And they're buying the self-help books written by those who have gotten lucky and thinking they will get the same result.

I honestly like Bethenny, and I am happy for her. But I do wish she would practice a bit more humility for the things that have come her way through little effort of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    $14 for a bottle. That seems like a lot.
    I don't typically buy mixers in bottles. Are they all that expensive?
    I can get a pretty good bottle of wine for $14. Not sure a maragarita mix is worth that.
    Is it?
    I was at a friends house last night and she had some bottles of Skinny Girl margarita. It was really good. She thought they were coming out with Sangria and Mojitos as well.

It's actually not a mixer. It has the alcohol and everything in it. You just pour it and drink. So, $14 is a pretty good price for a premixed drink. Like someone upthread said, it's pretty strong.

I paid $7 for a glass of this stuff at the restaurant so $14 a bottle is reasonable.

This stuff does have tequilla in it so all you have to do is add ice & a lime.

+ Reply to Thread