+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Jill made a comment when promoting the new season of the show, I think on The View, about how she thought the fight with Bethenny was "for the show" until she realized that Bethenny was really mad at her. I think that may be the problem between them. Jill seems to me to be very aware of how she is being perceived on camera. I think after the second season, she thought she was being over shadowed by some of the women, so she tried to be more like Bethenny to get more camera time in the third season. Then she realized how much the audience hated her behaving like that, so now she's trying a new "character" to get people to like her. I don't think that Jill has genuinely been herself on the show since the first season when she had no idea how she was coming across. Bethenny on the other hand I think has always been perfectly comfortable being herself. If people like her, she happy. If people don't like her, she lets it roll off her back. I think Bethenny assumes all the women behave that way, and misunderstood the fake Jill, which led to their split.
    I could get on board with this . . . IF we weren't seeing the same Jill we saw last season. I think she is just as mean, egotistical and ridiculous this season as she was last season. The big difference to me is that none of the other HW have the fans that Bethenney had/has, so she does not "appear" to be as polarizing.

Sometimes you just need to shut the door behind you & throw away the key to toxic people.
    Jill was given at least 3 chances, that we saw, to try & mend fences with Bethenny. Instead she chose to cackle like a hen with Lulu. She made her chice very clear. It wasn't until AFTER Bethenny became engaged, pregnant & successful that Jill all of a sudden had an epiphany and wanted to repair her relationship with Bethenny. By that time it was too late.
    If she seriously wanted to work towards a friendship with Bethenny, did she drop by to see Bryn????
    Bryn....that baby is adorable!

You know after seeing most of these housewives, I realize that they may not have that little thing inside of you that makes you a kind and considerate person. You know what I'm talking about?

You can let people know how you feel about them in small, inexpenisive and private ways. You can send a little note that says Thinking of You and wishing you well or send a little baby gift. Nothing big and expensive, but just show you are thinking of someone. Just a quick email or text that says, Congratulations. Those kinds of things go a long way when offered with sincerety.

I just get the feeling those ladies may spend too much time sqawking about who said this or that and keeping their scorecard on who dissed them. It's so pathetic really. I'm sure Bethenny is glad to be free of it.

You hit the nail on the head Debb. Life is just too short for all of this drama. I find myself watching less & less of this show...not Bethenny...Real Housewives.

Jill made a comment when promoting the new season of the show, I think on The View, about how she thought the fight with Bethenny was "for the show" until she realized that Bethenny was really mad at her.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!!! That beast is so mean, arrogant and vicious and once she got a good look at herself and saw the public reaction towards her, she's obviously trying to make herself look good -- "doing it for the show."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Jill made a comment when promoting the new season of the show, I think on The View, about how she thought the fight with Bethenny was "for the show" until she realized that Bethenny was really mad at her. I think that may be the problem between them. Jill seems to me to be very aware of how she is being perceived on camera. I think after the second season, she thought she was being over shadowed by some of the women, so she tried to be more like Bethenny to get more camera time in the third season. Then she realized how much the audience hated her behaving like that, so now she's trying a new "character" to get people to like her. I don't think that Jill has genuinely been herself on the show since the first season when she had no idea how she was coming across. Bethenny on the other hand I think has always been perfectly comfortable being herself. If people like her, she happy. If people don't like her, she lets it roll off her back. I think Bethenny assumes all the women behave that way, and misunderstood the fake Jill, which led to their split.
    Jill is trying to use her selective memory to change history! At the very beginning of last year's season it was NOT Bethenny who was mad at Jill. Jill seems to forget that it was SHE who was mad at Bethenny because she felt that when Bawby was in the hospital for his throat cancer, Bethenny had not sent a nice-enough gift or called/texted enough, plus Bethenny was generally not available to Jill enough because Bethenny was out on the road promoting her Skinny Girl cocktail and her books. And I think Bethenny may already have met Jason and was at that time falling in love with him -- and spending most of her time with him -- and not Jill.

Because of all of this, Queen Jill was very indignant --- and she just was not letting it go! No matter what!
    She also seems to have forgotten how Bethenny apologized over and over and tried to explain over and over, and after all that, who can forget that heart wrenching scene outside of Jill's apartment building when, after begging Jill for forgiveness, Bethenny was pitifully crying on the sidewalk!

Even after that, Ramona (I think) tried to create an opportunity for Jill and Bethenny to be able to talk and work it out --- but remember when Jill and Lulu came into the apartment, Jill -- in 'horror' -- said that she felt hijacked!!! And she got hysterical and said she just couldn't deal with it at that time --- she just wasn't ready -- and Lulu intervened and wisked her out of the apartment so there could be no reconciliation with Bethenny.

Finally, much, much later, Jill tried to apologize to Bethenny at the restaurant --- and Bethenny tried to be gracious, but you could see that Bethenny had already been hurt too much, and it was too late.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 05-12-2011 at 09:54 AM.

"Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post

Remember what Bethenny said in the last episode? She said a lot of money, brings a lot of problems. Very wise and very true.

When you have so much money, you have to constantly be on guard and hire people to keep the hoards of people who want money from you. I can imagine it would be a nightmare.

FORT Fan

During the reunion for the last season of RHONY it came out that after the announcement of Bethenny's show Jill called the other housewives to get them to not film with Bethenny. This is more than a "fake" fight for a story line. I think that Jill simply got jealous and in a snit over the attention Bethenny got. She made a move against Bethenny and it bit Jill in the a@@. She is now in damage control and spinning the situation to try and redeem herself. I don't know if Jill is truly sincere in her efforts to bury the hatchet with Alex and "learn from her mistakes." At best she may be sincere, but lacks any self-awareness of what the root of the problem is and so keeps repeating the same mistakes.

The Jill that I saw interacting with Bethenny when they were at their closest has left the building. It's like that person is not at home in Jill's body anymore.

+ Reply to Thread