+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Based on all these comments I feel as though I am seeing a different show. Bethenny works out of a home office. Even though Bryn has a nanny, she also has Bethenny and Julie with her all day. Bryn seems to me to be very happy whether she is being held by Bethenny, Jason, Grandma, Grandpa, Julie, Gina or Dawa. Bethenny must be doing something right.
    I think we were going along the lines of if she starts doing an everyday talk show and more. I think she does a pretty good job with things currently, but the more she tries to do the less time there will be for the baby. We just don't want her getting carried away and losing sight of what's important. For me I've seen it happen to friends too many times who later say to me "Why did I think doing "X" was so important at the time? I could have done that later when the kids were gone. I missed out on so much"

FORT Fan

I follow Bethenny on twitter and it seems as though since she sold the Skinny Girl margarita to Beam she has a lot more time and less stress. Given that I think that it would work out family wise if she hosted her own show. I'm not sure she'd be a good interviewer though. She can get manic at times.

I'm not saying Bethenny is like this, but I have known people who thrive on chaos. They constantly have to have a crisis in their life. Everytime you talk to them they have a big drama going on such as child in trouble at school and with the courts, pet with serious illness, financial hardship, car accident, neighbor problems, marital problem, parent issue, sibling issue, etc. There is never a time they are not in crisis mode over some issue. I'm not sure these people would know how to relax and enjoy life if not living in drama.

I wonder if Bethenny grew up in that kind of environment. I think she may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not saying Bethenny is like this, but I have known people who thrive on chaos. They constantly have to have a crisis in their life. Everytime you talk to them they have a big drama going on such as child in trouble at school and with the courts, pet with serious illness, financial hardship, car accident, neighbor problems, marital problem, parent issue, sibling issue, etc. There is never a time they are not in crisis mode over some issue. I'm not sure these people would know how to relax and enjoy life if not living in drama.

I've known people like this (well, I've BEEN people like this)! It is possible with Bethenney - growing up with an alcoholic parent seems to lead itself to this. I had to learn to cultivate a taste for peace and serenity - it wasn't easy. Good news is that if you are able to do it - you almost go to the other extreme. I can not STAND chaos now and will do whatever it takes to keep it out of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I've known people like this (well, I've BEEN people like this)! It is possible with Bethenney - growing up with an alcoholic parent seems to lead itself to this. I had to learn to cultivate a taste for peace and serenity - it wasn't easy. Good news is that if you are able to do it - you almost go to the other extreme. I can not STAND chaos now and will do whatever it takes to keep it out of my life.
    Good for you. Some people never realize they are that way and just continue in the chaos thinking it's normal. It can be frustrating to friends who want to be supportive and give comfort, however, these people make it dificult, because the crisis are neverending. Eventually, I had to back away and steer clear. It was just too much.

Oh my...is this what I sound like??? *LOL*

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Oh my...is this what I sound like??? *LOL*
    No, I have never thought that from reading your posts. LOL

But honestly, I have known people who everytime you saw them there was a major fiasco, flooded basement, brakes failed in traffic, husband fired from job, child arrested, pet ran away or bit someone, sister in hospital, mother even sicker, caught in affair by husband. I'm not kidding. The above are true for two of the people I am referring to!
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-28-2011 at 04:32 PM.

No, I have never thought that from reading your posts. LOL

But honestly, I have known people who everytime you saw them there was a major fiasco, flooded basement, brakes failed in traffic, husband fired from job, child arrested, pet ran away or bit someone, sister in hospital, mother even sicker, caught in affair by husband. I'm not kidding. The above are true for two of the people I am referring to!
    I have a sister-in-law like this. If something dramatic isn't happening in her life she'll make something happen. It's as if she doesn't feel important unless she's in the middle of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think we were going along the lines of if she starts doing an everyday talk show and more. I think she does a pretty good job with things currently, but the more she tries to do the less time there will be for the baby. We just don't want her getting carried away and losing sight of what's important. For me I've seen it happen to friends too many times who later say to me "Why did I think doing "X" was so important at the time? I could have done that later when the kids were gone. I missed out on so much"

Bethenny mentioned the talk as something she would like to do in the same interview in which she was stating she would only be doing this show another season or 2. The talk show in essence would be the thing she did in place of it. So she wouldn't be doing all these things at the same time. In addition to her job with the liquor side of SkinnyGirl Maragrita being lessened do to the Jim Beam buyout. Add to that that Bethenny tries to have Brynn with her constantly no matter what she is doing. Bethenny's relationship with Brynn, if with no one else, is more at the forefront of Bethenny's mind than anything.

I think Bethenny would do well with a talk show, particularly with one that centers around all the things that her business ventures have parlayed into. She would be able to utilize all her talents. She could pursue he rcooking on the show, alcohol, self-help, being a mom, babies & children, fitness, relatiinships, and her comedic sense all in one show. All of her passions being pursued and fullfilled in one outlet her show. It wouldn't involve much traveling. She would have a regular set schedule and a regular set off time when the show does hiatus during the summer when season is finished. She will have a ready outlet to promote her products and books. She could go into it with creative control and it would be based on her just being herself. Perfect fit for her and could consolidate everything for her so she has more time for Jason adn Brynn, especially when she starts school.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I didn't see the last few weeks but they are on my dvr. From the previews & for those who have watched these shows, is it only me but does Bethenny seem to have breakdown each & every week?

This season covered what happened during some of the most stressful times of the for normal everyday people who do not live the busy hectic life that Bethenny does nor have as much familial baggage. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, and birthdays inspire depression, stess, angst, and even suicide in a large number of people. Add to that that this is the key first year for all of these events for Bethenny that carry special signifigance, weight and stress. Jason & Bethenny's first year as a couple, Brynn's first year of life. Therefore, their first Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Brynn's birthday, Brynn's Baptism, and Bethenny's first birthday with Jason as her husband. Finally ad in Bethenny's heightened stress, anxiety and depression over these events related to her childhood, her particularly busy schedule at this time with SWTS, and losing Gina. These sequential stress inducing events, which led up to her eventual major break shown in an edited tv fashion inconsistent with the real timeline of events to fit into a tv season can make it seem that there is a breakdown every week. Bethenny will always on some level have a stressful life and she is in the process of learning to balance her life. But, lets be real about it her two seasons of her show have shown the most stressful times of a woman's life, death of her father, their wedding, birth of her first child, and all the aforementioned first marriage/first year of baby things I mentioned above in a very short span of time. Bethenny during all the seasons of Real Housewives didn't have this many stressful moments and breakdowns so close together even in edited tv time with Jill Zarin on her back. IMHO

+ Reply to Thread