+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I didn't see the last few weeks but they are on my dvr. From the previews & for those who have watched these shows, is it only me but does Bethenny seem to have breakdown each & every week?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I didn't see the last few weeks but they are on my dvr. From the previews & for those who have watched these shows, is it only me but does Bethenny seem to have breakdown each & every week?

She does seem to overreact to many things. Some cases are understandable and others not so much. I would find it infuriating to be with someone who is always blowing things up, but that's me. Apparently, Jason found other qualities in her that make her his soul mate. I guess to each his own. I believe a certain amount of the rage is scripted for ratings. How much is real, who knows. I could do without it, if it's not real.

She seems to be wound up tight as a tick and her life choices only add to the drama. I worry about little Bryn picking up on all that misery though.

I found it curious as she recently talked about moving to LA. She loved living on the beach and relocating to a low key area, not like NYC that runs on adrenalin.
    There is a saying Bethenny that I believe is true, "No matter where you go, there you are."

Haven't seen the past couple of episodes, but it does appear that she breaks down on cue.
    It is reality Tv and she is Exec Producer on the show.
    I am not a big fan of Bethenny, but I do give her credit for knowing how to manipulate her audience. She's made a lot of money out of it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

She is one smart businesswoman. Not only is she the star, she is Executive Producer. I've read that the more titles you have, the more money you rake in. I think the record was the late Michael Landon of "Little House on the Prairie." Not only was he a star, he was a writer, director, producer, and I don't know what else. He was massively wealthy.

I saw a headline on the internet that Bethenny is considering a talk show. I don't think I could watch her every day - too intense. Once a week is enough.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    She is one smart businesswoman. Not only is she the star, she is Executive Producer. I've read that the more titles you have, the more money you rake in. I think the record was the late Michael Landon of "Little House on the Prairie." Not only was he a star, he was a writer, director, producer, and I don't know what else. He was massively wealthy.

I saw a headline on the internet that Bethenny is considering a talk show. I don't think I could watch her every day - too intense. Once a week is enough.
    OMG, I would LOVE to see Bethenny do a talkshow!!! I think the show would be smart, sassy and very funny! She is the queen of 'one-liners'!!! like, in this week's episode, when she referred to her anorexic nanny as "nanorexic" -- that was so perfect!

By the way, just a side-note on making a lot of money from being writer, producer, director, star, etc. on a show. We have to remember, these titles don't pay money for nothing. Each title represents a lot of work and responsibility. And for some of those positions, like Executive Producer, there is also a tremendous amount of risk. So in my opinion, those people who do multiple jobs on a show have worked hard to EARN the money that they get for those jobs.

FORT Fogey

I think that Bethenny would make a big mistake doing a talk show. I think it would kill her brand, and she'd regret it. She's got a really good thing going right now, as a mildly popular star who has done an effective job of launching products from a reality show. That doesn't mean she can take on anything. To me, the best talk show hosts put the audience and the guests ahead of themselves. When you look at people like Oprah and Johnny Carson, they were willing to take a back seat to making other people look good, and had great shows because of it. I just don't see Bethenny putting other people ahead of herself. I think she'd overshadow guests making everything about her, and it would turn audiences off. I love her, and love her show for what it is. That doesn't mean that I'd love her in anything she ever tried to do.

I adore Bethenny but I am in agreement that it would be a mistake to over-satuate the market with one's presence. Bethenny is sweet & relatable but, honestly, the best parts of her are Bryn, Cookie & Jason.
    I also can only offer this word os advice to Bethenny; Bryn is a baby for such a short period of time. Enjoy that. You have years to focus on your career & empire. She isn't going to stay little for very long. My baby is turning 30 next month...where did that time fly & how can I have a 30 year old when my birth certificate clearly states I am "only" 29???? My babies were my main focus until they became adults. Now is my time to focus on me & career. I would not change one of those picnics by the lake for 1 business meeting even if that 1 meeting would have meant that my idea would have been worth millions. The love, memories & connection I have with my children is priceless.

There are some celebs that I think would be fun to be around as a pal. They appear to be fun and entertaining, but you could only take them in small doses. Bethenny is one of those people. Others I think that would be fun to have coffee, drinks, girls night out, would be Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Hudson, Rosie O'Donnell, Bett Midler, Cheryl Crow, and Cher. Small doses mind you. LOL

I adore Bethenny but I am in agreement that it would be a mistake to over-satuate the market with one's presence. Bethenny is sweet & relatable but, honestly, the best parts of her are Bryn, Cookie & Jason.
    I also can only offer this word os advice to Bethenny; Bryn is a baby for such a short period of time. Enjoy that. You have years to focus on your career & empire. She isn't going to stay little for very long. My baby is turning 30 next month...where did that time fly & how can I have a 30 year old when my birth certificate clearly states I am "only" 29???? My babies were my main focus until they became adults. Now is my time to focus on me & career. I would not change one of those picnics by the lake for 1 business meeting even if that 1 meeting would have meant that my idea would have been worth millions. The love, memories & connection I have with my children is priceless.
    It's hard to make new mom's understand how fast the time goes and that you only get one chance. More money, when you already have plenty to live on, is not worth sacrificing the time with your children for. She had a rotten mother/child relationship with her mom and Bryn is a chance for her to have a good mother/child relationship. I hope she doesn't blow it for fame and fortune.

FORT Fan

Based on all these comments I feel as though I am seeing a different show. Bethenny works out of a home office. Even though Bryn has a nanny, she also has Bethenny and Julie with her all day. Bryn seems to me to be very happy whether she is being held by Bethenny, Jason, Grandma, Grandpa, Julie, Gina or Dawa. Bethenny must be doing something right.

+ Reply to Thread