+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I love the Bethenny/Jason saga, and wish their family the best... but I do think Bethenny should be less critical of Jason's hometown. Small town America, millions and millions of people, live in places like that. Maybe they're not so pretty, but they're genuine, and Jason's parents are so very nice. For all Bethenny knows, the place is loaded with multi-millionaires who live very mundane lives- that's not uncommon.

Bethenny has a way of alienating people, and she probably burned some bridges in Hazelton (spelling?). She still has a lot to learn!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Imperfect1, I do understand your point of view, in fact, I think we discussed it up thread about Bethanny.
    I'm just so delighted to see what a great therapist she has. It makes all the difference in the world to have someone who really understands the individual and not treat them as a general textbook type of behavior. And Bethanny seems to have an open mind and a willingness to understand what is blocking her. I have great hopes for her because of this.

PA Snow Bunny, I think you're right about having serious problems if Jason were to work for Bethanny and move to Calif.
    It's obvious that his family, friends, "roots" are very important, and as you said, it's those things that made him the great guy he is.
    Maybe Bethanny wants to break from those kinds of ties because, never having had something like that, it scares her and her solution is to run away??

Bethenny is her own worst enemy at this point. She doesn't have a Jill in her life that she can take pot shots at so she turns on Jason's loving parents and the inhabitants of a small town who asked for none of this. Those were cheap shots B!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I am unabashedly in love with Cookie....so I watch. As soon as I saw B aggressively chewing on those carrots, I knew trouble was to follow. Jason's paremts are sweet people who made no demands on B......remember her crying to her therapiist about her ex's parents being taken away from her? If she's not careful, the same thing will happen again.
    She has these wonderful people in her life now and instead of being greatful she pushes them away. Would love to know what the therapist thinks of that.
    I hope that Bethenny will allow herself to be loved by Jason's family, although I think I know how she feels because my in-laws were smothering too --- in the kindest way, but still smothering. It was very hard for me, and I had to grit my teeth and bear it. I can see where two full days every 2 or 3 weeks could be way too much for a new bride, but on the other hand Jason would love to see his parents even more often, and they want that too. They'll figure it out --- but at least it's not the typical horrible relationship that we see on many of the other reality shows.

FORT Fogey

I didn't know the show was starting so soon. Missed it ... phooey! Will have to look for a rerun.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I hope that Bethenny will allow herself to be loved by Jason's family, although I think I know how she feels because my in-laws were smothering too --- in the kindest way, but still smothering. It was very hard for me, and I had to grit my teeth and bear it. I can see where two full days every 2 or 3 weeks could be way too much for a new bride, but on the other hand Jason would love to see his parents even more often, and they want that too. They'll figure it out --- but at least it's not the typical horrible relationship that we see on many of the other reality shows.
    I don't see Jason's parents as being smothering at all. I'm sure they see Brynn maybe once a month if they're lucky and are acting as any grandparents would, who wish for more time with their grandchild. It's time for B to let go of the childhood trauma and embrace the family that she says she craves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I don't see Jason's parents as being smothering at all. I'm sure they see Brynn maybe once a month if they're lucky and are acting as any grandparents would, who wish for more time with their grandchild. It's time for B to let go of the childhood trauma and embrace the family that she says she craves.
    Yes, I get the impression she just doesn't know how to respond to and accept all of this love and acceptance. She claims to never have had a real family, and being 40 years old, that's a long time to undo, it'll take a while. It's like a dog that's been beaten...it comes to expect it, and B. might have a hard time letting her guard down. I'm sure it'll happen, though.

Jason's parents just seem so darned normal and sweet! I'm hopeful once B. gets over her fears of abandonment/rejection, she'll gradually give in to the comfort that awaits her. (I'm speaking from personal experience, been there)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Jason's parents just seem so darned normal and sweet! I'm hopeful once B. gets over her fears of abandonment/rejection, she'll gradually give in to the comfort that awaits her. (I'm speaking from personal experience, been there)
    I'd love it if they were my inlaws........hell, I'd love it they were my parents!

Hazleton is a very family first kind of town. There are just traditions that are passed down from generation to generation. A family peirogie, Easter Pie or paska bread recipie are family secrets.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    2 or 3 full days every 2 or 3 weeks???? I'd go out of my mind! That is so not normal. No one does that! Jason needs to adjust to seeing a bit less of his folks (since he has a family now), or his folks need to move closer to Jason if they need to see him 48-72 hours every 2 - 3 weeks.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread