+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 108 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm sure they are both learning how to deal with each other as a couple, but if Jason was acting like a jerk in that episode, then I sincerely wish this world was populated by a lot more jerks like him.
    Exactly! When you pose nude and allow a film crew to film you nude on several occasions you can't really claim to be a wallflower and hate attention.
    If she didn't want that party she wouldn't have planned it with the help of an event coordinator. I also find it odd that she thinks her mother has "been jealous of her for her entire life". I feel it could very well be the other way around. She needs to get her money back from that "therapist" if she is indeed paying him.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    We see her with her therapist at least once an episode.... Jason pressured her into the party. She's trying hard to please him and shake off the neuroses of her childhood. Jason's taken an attitude that the things that he likes that Bethenny doesn't - like big birthday celebrations - are because of her childhood and not because of her. Bethenny planned a party, but Bethenny didn't plan all the "surprises" Jason had. Bethenny knew he was going to do something like that and begged and pleaded with him not to.
    I see it completely differently.

Firstly...it's obvious to me that this particular Therapist is not working. She need to seek out someone new and spend a lot more time in their office.

Second. She is a very strong willed person with obvious emotional problems concerning her childhood and apparently birthdays.

Do you honestly believe that Jason was able to "pressure" her into a birthday party that she wanted no part of? Then she takes charge and plans the entire thing with the party planner?

Everyone invited knew it was a birthday party. What did she think the guests were going to do...not acknowledge that fact? Did she believe that her own husband wouldn't give her a gift at the party?

Jason admitted afterwards that maybe he should have given the gift privately....but...it was a party. Her party. The one she planned. I don't fault him for trying to celebrate his wife's birthday...at her party.

She is a grown up who as far as I can see has never been shy in speaking up. When the subject of her birthday came up....why didn't she just say no to a party?

No one would have forced her into the car and dragged her to it...if she didn't want to go.

Her emotional problems are hers alone. Jason and everyone else can give her love and support....but it's up to her to do the work...to achieve emotional health. Her.

The bathroom breakdown should have been her wake up call.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject.

FORT Fogey

She spoke up several times against the things that really upset her. Obviously if it was a party for her she was going to be the center of attention, but there didn't need to be a painfully long moment of everyone in the room staring at her, silently. She BEGGED him not to do something like that. She didn't agree to that and it wasn't fair to do that when she'd already agreed to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    She spoke up several times against the things that really upset her. Obviously if it was a party for her she was going to be the center of attention, but there didn't need to be a painfully long moment of everyone in the room staring at her, silently. She BEGGED him not to do something like that. She didn't agree to that and it wasn't fair to do that when she'd already agreed to the party.
    I agree with you tears.

I can completely seeing myself trying to please my new husband by doing the birthday party thing. Its important to him. And then not being able to deal with it...that is me! lol Maybe because I can put myself in her shoes I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt here. I'm thinking that is what it boils down to here between the Bethenny fans and the Bethenny notafan.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917 View Post
    I see it completely differently.

Firstly...it's obvious to me that this particular Therapist is not working. She need to seek out someone new and spend a lot more time in their office.

Second. She is a very strong willed person with obvious emotional problems concerning her childhood and apparently birthdays.

Do you honestly believe that Jason was able to "pressure" her into a birthday party that she wanted no part of? Then she takes charge and plans the entire thing with the party planner?

Everyone invited knew it was a birthday party. What did she think the guests were going to do...not acknowledge that fact? Did she believe that her own husband wouldn't give her a gift at the party?

Jason admitted afterwards that maybe he should have given the gift privately....but...it was a party. Her party. The one she planned. I don't fault him for trying to celebrate his wife's birthday...at her party.

She is a grown up who as far as I can see has never been shy in speaking up. When the subject of her birthday came up....why didn't she just say no to a party?

No one would have forced her into the car and dragged her to it...if she didn't want to go.

Her emotional problems are hers alone. Jason and everyone else can give her love and support....but it's up to her to do the work...to achieve emotional health. Her.

The bathroom breakdown should have been her wake up call.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject.
    Spot on! She has said several times that no one controls her or tells her what to do. FWIW I was a Bethenny fan until her "poor me" attitude overwhelmed every aspect of her life. She now has everything that she's ever wanted and there's still tears. Please! Let her walk a day in the shoes of someone who is really struggling in so many ways.....maybe then she'd appreciate what she has. Still love that Cookie,

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I agree with you tears.

I can completely seeing myself trying to please my new husband by doing the birthday party thing. Its important to him. And then not being able to deal with it...that is me! lol Maybe because I can put myself in her shoes I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt here. I'm thinking that is what it boils down to here between the Bethenny fans and the Bethenny notafan.
    I have been a Bethenny fan since the start of the NY Housewives.

The person I am seeing now...is not the same person I liked in the first season of the wives. She was never a victim then and I don't understand why she is acting like one now.

I bought Season 1 and started watching again this past week. Compared to Ever After...I barely recognize her.

I had a similar childhood to Bethenny's and some similar problems because of it. I actually always thought I would love to have a big birthday party for me, but when I finally got one, even though I was in my late thirties and "should" have "recovered from my childhood" I was very very uncomfortable with being the center of attention in that way. I think it had to do with being the center of loving attention, not just attention, and not really knowing how to deal with that.

Some scoff at her saying her Mom was jealous of her, but my Mom has been jealous of me all my life and believe me you can't imagine what a horrible thing that is as a child and teenager to have a Mom who instead of being supportive and loving and wanting the best for you, is jealous.

When you go through counseling and start dealing with these things in a more constructive way sometimes your feelings will be close to the surface and you realize just how much you really went through and how totally unfair and horrible it was. You have to go through the process and deal with it before you can put it away for good. I went through a grieving type process for awhile before things got a lot better and I think that's some of what's happening here. She always dealt with what happened in a matter of fact unemotional way and now is having to process the actual feelings that go along with it.

I realize Bethenny is putting her life out there to be judged and it's open season to comment, but I think the saying about not judging until you've walked in someone's shoes is a good one. She's going through therapy, as well as dealing with a new marriage which takes time to work out and being a new mom. She's always had her life all to herself and now has to work things out with other people being involved. All those things are emotional tough, as well as being good for her emotionally. Hopefully it will all lead to her being a better, more self aware and more emotionally stable person in the end.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 04-10-2011 at 12:53 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I agree with you tears.

I'm a Bethenny fan, but that doesn't mean I agree with and admire everything she says or does. I can also put myself in her shoes ... only child of self-obsessed bad parents who often didn't acknowledge my birthday by even saying "happy birthday," no less gifts or a party. Still, I would love and appreciate having people in my life who care so much about me that they want to celebrate me the way B's friends and family wanted to for her. She was fortunate to find a generous and caring man like Jason who has kind, loving parents and want to make her a part of their family. Other than a few friends here and there, she could have wound up alone for the rest of her life. And ditto, Duckyface, about the mom who is jealous of you for all the same reasons you mentioned.

FORT Fogey

Why is it that because Bethenny didn't enjoy having the spotlight on her in that way that she automatically doesn't care about or appreciate the people she has in her life?? I think she was uncomfortable with the situation. That doesn't mean she didn't appreciate the effort or love her gifts or the people there.

Also, I'm not so sure how much of this party idea may have been Bravo and not simply Jason wanting to give his wife a party. In the end they are filming a tv show and they need to capture enough crazy moments to fill a season. Sometimes everyday life alone won't produce those moments. You have to remember that Bravo has known Bethanny longer than Jason has and they may have been well aware that this party thing is not something she warms up to easily. I think Jason was just trying to do something he thought was super sweet for his wife and Bethanny tried to accept it as best she could but I would not be surprised if Bravo had a hand in it all.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread