+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I think probably all this is leading up to her realizing she's taken on too much and then doing something about it (probably not enough, but at least something).

My other take-away from this episode, as well as many of the others, is that God was sure smiling down on Bethenny the day he introduced her to Jason! That man is a gem, and I can't imagine anyone more perfect for her in terms of patience, understanding, generosity, and assertiveness when appropriate. Not too many men on this planet would be able to understand her and see the lovable person underneath all her "stuff." I think she knows how lucky she is to have him and Bryn, and is even getting to see the joy of having loving parent-figures in her life ... so all the more reason she should have put a lid on the birthday tantrums!

While I do understand / appreciate how emotions can come out at very inopportune times, why of why did Bethenny insist on having a party planner for her birthday if she did not want the attention / and a birthday "event"?
    And, I believe she had initially talked about having 40 people or so, so why all the tears when she got 45?
    Jason and his family need to be nominated for sainthood, IMO. I've not known of anyone, save Mother Teresa, who would be so forgiving in all these situations......
    Does anyone, but me, wonder how Bethenny manages to fit so many into that extremely small condo? Even the bathroom is miniscule. Not a surprise that the largest room is Bethenny's closet??!!! Too funny!
    I do realize that not everyone might have heard of Vince Neil, but she did seem real dismissive of him. And, the Sean Young remarks were pretty harsh, too.
    Glad they donned bathing attire for their bubble bath, and Cookie with sunglasses was way too cool!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While I do understand / appreciate how emotions can come out at very inopportune times, why of why did Bethenny insist on having a party planner for her birthday if she did not want the attention / and a birthday "event"?....
    Very well said! While I enjoy Bethenny, I often wonder how much of her "drama" is whipped up for the show. At her last therapy session (which I think was at the beginning of the last episode), I kinda felt like she was working up the tears. Like the therapist was coached into asking just the right questions to fit the scenario.

Maybe it's just the weird mood I've been in lately.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I wonder if her breakdown seemed worse/louder to us because she was in the bathroom and still had her mike on so we got her at full volume while the guests didn't?? Oh I hope so. The legitimate (in my opinion) gripe she has is with Jason, not everyone else at the party.

Love Bethenny. Hate her tantrums. Comes a time, my dear, when you simply must mature, get over your childhood hurts and fears, learn to manage your emotions, focus on nurturing and giving to your loved ones. Living forever as an emotional cripple makes for great TV drama and an unsatisfactory, exhausting life.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Love Bethenny. Hate her tantrums. Comes a time, my dear, when you simply must mature, get over your childhood hurts and fears, learn to manage your emotions, focus on nurturing and giving to your loved ones. Living forever as an emotional cripple makes for great TV drama and an unsatisfactory, exhausting life.

FORT Fanatic

I gave up on the birthday party episode. Too emotionally tense to watch. I hope it won't be aother reality show I will start to tape and fast-forward through.

I was very disappointed in how Bethanny reacted during her party. I had assumed that with marriage to a fantastic man, a beautiful healthy baby, a successful business venture, including fame, and a therapist, she would have been able to handle her fears, past wounds enough to try to understand how much Jason, his parents and her friends were trying to show her that they loved her and were celebrating the fact that she wa in their lives.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I was very disappointed in how Bethanny reacted during her party. I had assumed that with marriage to a fantastic man, a beautiful healthy baby, a successful business venture, including fame, and a therapist, she would have been able to handle her fears, past wounds enough to try to understand how much Jason, his parents and her friends were trying to show her that they loved her and were celebrating the fact that she wa in their lives.
    I know. I love Bethenny, but I was disappointed too. I guess that shows how deep her pain is -- justifiable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I just have to jump in here to offer another perspective, because I can relate to what Bethenney went through, as I feel the same way. My situation was a bit different, but I offer it for what it is worth. When I got married the second time, I didn't want a big wedding - and I certainly didn't want a big church wedding. My husband had never been married before and had watched his three sisters have big church weddings and that is what he wanted. I really didn't want it and I told him so - but he really did, so I tried to give it to him. I went through everything and planned a big church wedding - mostly for him, but knowing it was also for me and someday I would want the memories. On the day, obviously as the bride, I was the center of attention. I was hot and uncomfortable and people kept coming up to me and hugging me (as would be expected) and keeping me in the spotlight. All I wanted was some fresh air and some dinner. Finally, I lost it - I had a complete breakdown and ended up out on the porch crying my eyes out. To their credit, everyone was very understanding and I feel horrible - but it is what it is. I knew I couldn't handle it, but I also knew how important it was to my husband so I tried. I couldn't control the meltdown - obviously lots of emotions on that day.

Now, true Bethenney's situation is not exactly the same, but I see a lot of similarities. I see someone who didn't want to have a big birthday party. But to her husband and her husband's family, it was a big deal to celebrate and they wanted a big party. So she tried - she tried to plan the big party because they wanted to do that for her and she wanted to allow them to. But at the end of the day, all the trying in the world can't make you feel something you don't - or can't stop you from feeling something you do. Just like my husband later acknowledged with me, I'm sure Jason will be fine with Bethenney's reaction. He knows her and he knows how she feels. She tried, but at the end of the day, it was too much for her. In the future, Jason will come to see what you have all been saying - it is not the huge gestures that are important to her, it is the small ones. I put this up to being the first big birthday Jason celebrated with her - so he went with what he would have wanted/done, not necessarily understanding it isn't what Bethenney wants. My guess is that it won't happen again. Big parties for Jason, small intimate affairs for Bethenney and they will be just fine. Marriage is a learning process - and you continue to learn about the other person until the day you die!

+ Reply to Thread