+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 108 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Bethenny and this birthday party are wearing me out. She can be such a freak about things.

FORT Fogey

Bethenney made me really mad about her birthday last night. Jason and his parents were trying to show her their love by doing something nice for her. She was so self-centered about the whole thing that she took away their opportunity to be kind. I didn't like that it was edited to make it seem like Jason was the bad guy for insisting that she celebrate her birthday his way. Sometimes you just need to suck it up and let people be kind to you.

Good Lord she is a complete mess.

No wonder I read where she is having the show re-edited. She acts like such a b*tch that truthfully I don't know why anyone would want to be around her.

She was always my favorite....but I'm liking her less and less.

In her defense she made it pretty clear to all of them she didn't want a big deal made out of her birthday. But they all thought they knew what was best. Sometimes the kindest thing you can do is listen. And yes I'm talking to Jason, and even Ramona! ha. and yes she should've put on her big girl panties and dealt with it, but she didn't. She just a human like us all.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I am wondering whether or not Bethenny had post partum depression. She seemed a bit offended when Ramona mentioned that she should consider scaling back a bit. At first I thought she might even be pregnant again.
    Bethenny did seem alot happier on her real birthday with just Bryn, Jason & Cookie.
    IMHO I think she needs to concentrate on what is really important to her right now. If Skating With The Stars was taking away from family time she shouldn't have done it. The same goes with branching out into shapewear & all the other off-shoots of her Skinny Girl line. Trust me, ebay & the dollar store have enough of those products that were tried & unsuccessful.

I will tell you I hate my birthday too. Not that I am a year older...who cares abou that...but birthdays were just another excuse for my EX to get blotto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Bethenney made me really mad about her birthday last night. Jason and his parents were trying to show her their love by doing something nice for her. She was so self-centered about the whole thing that she took away their opportunity to be kind. I didn't like that it was edited to make it seem like Jason was the bad guy for insisting that she celebrate her birthday his way. Sometimes you just need to suck it up and let people be kind to you.
    Because of course ignoring what someone is emphatically stating they want, and behaving in a way that says I know better what is good for you, is the epitome of expressing love for another person. Not.

When a person grows up in a family where the gestures are mostly no gestures with the occasional grand gesture, it is the small gestures of love that mean the most. While Jason's gesture came from a completely different place than whatever grand gestures her parents may have done (such as no birthday card but a check for $500) he was presumptuous and wasn't trying to understand where Bethenny was coming from. For someone with Bethenny's background it is the little gestures of love, especially those that truly acknowledge who the other person is that are valued the most. Jason comes from a life of daily small gestures, so a big gesture for milestones is wonderful. Bethenny doesn't and for this phase of her life the daily small gestures are still very precious and mean more than the big gestures.

Bethenny is who she is and Jason is too. She's damaged from her past and hates birthdays. Jason and some of her friends, like me, think birthdays are fun and a great time to get together with friends and family. Maybe there should have been some compromise. Instead of a big party, maybe a quieter dinner at home with family, Julie and a couple of other people would have been better. But my biggest problem with her is how she acted at the party. It is now has gotten this far and a party is happening. So, suck it up, put on your big girl panties, quit complaining and cut out all that damn crying. Enjoy life. It's too short to live in fear of the past.

Besides the party freak out, she seemed to not be happy with life. She said a number of times that she was overwhelmed and worn down. Um, whose fault is that? She just needs to find more balance and instead of coming from "a place of yes", she needs to say no sometimes for the sanity of herself and those around her.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Relatives who throw a birthday party for you when you have insisted that you do not WANT one are not making a kind gesture toward YOU.

They are forcing their idea of what you SHOULD celebrate, and what form that celebration will take.

Nothing kind about it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I love Bethenny, but she wore me out last night with her birthday meltdown. First of all, if she really didn't want a birthday party, she could have sat down with Jason and said, "I love you for wanting me to have a special party, but I would be very uncomfortable with that, so how about just you and I and maybe your parents go out for dinner the night before, and then have it be just you and me and Bryn the next day doing something fun together. No party, but thanks." I think Jason would have gotten the message loud and clear, or at least clear. However, Bravo would say where's the story with a quiet family birthday? We want a fancy party and Bethenny throwing fits over everything.

Second, if that many people love you and want to celebrate your birthday, suck it up, smile, and be grateful. Ask everyone to make a donation to the victims of the disasters in Japan instead of giving you presents ... or watch videos of what people are going through there, and again be grateful for having family and friends and a home and tons of money and a TV show, a successful business, celebrity, and a very bright future. Geez! I know she's human, and I understand very well her dysfunctional childhood, including lack of birthday celebrations, and the problems it can cause later in life, but that whole thing was waaaaay over the top.

FORT Fogey

Jason and his parents did not throw the party for Bethenny. Bethenny planned it with the wedding planner. If she was that adamant that she not have it, then she should have held her ground. After all, she did admit to Jason in the aftermath that as upset as she was about all that he did, she also would have been upset if he'd done nothing. She wanted to be mad at him plain and simple. I blame that on Bethenny not Jason.

+ Reply to Thread