+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 108 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really got the impression that Jason was really trying to help Bethanny understand the "couple-ness" of them now when talking about what guests to invite, rather him selfishly, trying to get his personal friends invited.
    He just doesn't seem to be a selfish or controlling guy. He's darn near perfect as a husband, I think. (not by type but I can see good when I see it.)
    Yep, I think Jason's pretty close to being perfect too! Yeah, he does have a teeny-weeny flaw here and there, but really, if Bethenny had searched the entire planet, she couldn't have found anyone better for her than Jason. What a jewel!!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Yep, I think Jason's pretty close to being perfect too! Yeah, he does have a teeny-weeny flaw here and there, but really, if Bethenny had searched the entire planet, she couldn't have found anyone better for her than Jason. What a jewel!!!
    I totally concur. Which is why I think the guest list issue was totally scripted.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I totally concur. Which is why I think the guest list issue was totally scripted.
    ITA. That makes the most sense of something that seemed a little out of place. Even Bethanny's responses to him seemed odd.
    Jason is pretty predictable because he's got a very strong set of values which he applies to most situations and he doesn't vary from it. Bethanny is one lucky girl, not only to have him but to have recognized how special he is. Takes a very special guy to deal with Bethanny and I like her a lot but she takes some getting used to. Probably more than most men would want to deal with.

FORT Fogey

DragonLady: You made me think - what I like about Jason is that he does indeed have a firm set of values, and he is gracious. He seems a good modern American - at ease with people of different backgrounds, sexualities (I always come back to that don't I - most annoying for you! ), religions, walks of life, because he treats them as people, not as stereotypes. He is demanding of himself and forgiving of others.

I love how he chatted with the ladies. It's quite a gentleman who can entertain ladies and make himself agreeable to them rather than hanging off to the side mutely, reading his blackberry, or fumbling, tongue-tied, through mere pleasantries.

Maybe I read too much Jane Austin, but Jason reminds me of Mr. Knightley.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Nope, you've got him pegged perfectly. Like the scene you noted, talking with the other ladies, Jason just seems so open, honest and guile-less with everyone. Very admirable.
    Probably due his own personality and also great parenting.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    DragonLady: You made me think - what I like about Jason is that he does indeed have a firm set of values, and he is gracious. He seems a good modern American - at ease with people of different backgrounds, sexualities (I always come back to that don't I - most annoying for you! ), religions, walks of life, because he treats them as people, not as stereotypes. He is demanding of himself and forgiving of others.

I love how he chatted with the ladies. It's quite a gentleman who can entertain ladies and make himself agreeable to them rather than hanging off to the side mutely, reading his blackberry, or fumbling, tongue-tied, through mere pleasantries.

Except I don't remember Mr. Knightly having the sense of humor that Jason has, and the ability to laugh heartily at so many things --- even at himself. I love that about Jason and that he enjoys Bethenny's humor so much, as well.

FORT Fanatic

I don't believe this new season has talked about Jason's job at all. Just what does he do for a living? I remember he was in Florida on business when his friends were invited to their apartment sometime before the wedding. Snow kept him from getting there for the event, and Bethenny was very disappointed he couldn't make it.

Week after week I've been so turned off by the nanny -- and now after the "non-Baptism" show, I'm even more convinced. Since that show, whenever I saw her (nanny), I just get annoyed that she's lazier, and I just don't trust her.

Anyone else feel this way?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I trust her not to hurt Bryn, but I do think she's gotten lazier and lazier. I think that she was a great baby nurse, but she's not necessarily the best nanny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I trust her not to hurt Bryn, but I do think she's gotten lazier and lazier. I think that she was a great baby nurse, but she's not necessarily the best nanny.
    I don't think she was ever meant to be a nanny. Remember in the first season, Bethenny explained that a baby nurse is there for the first couple of weeks a baby is home? I think they kept her around for the show, but she's no longer doing the job she's supposed to be doing.

+ Reply to Thread