+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Jason & Bethenny, with their sweet little one, are a cute family. But.... they are positively required to be outrageous. Otherwise they don't have a show.

I suspect when the cameras stop rolling, they're much less abrasive, more normal. After all, Jason has a job, Bethenny has a lot of business ventures going. They're busy, and this show is just another thing they cram in. It must be exhausting trying to keep the show looking like they're a couple of screwballs. But, somehow they're making it work.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I really like that Jason is strong enough to tell Bethanny that she tends to act like it's all about her. He points out the times when she's doing the "me, me, I, I" thing. I don't think she'd respect him if he didn't stand up to her.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Just to make sure I understand correctly--do you mean young girls as in he was a pedophile or young girls as in he dated adult women that were very much younger than him?

It does sound like she has a screwed up background, but I admit I haven't read a lot about her family.
    I just started reading Bethenny's new book, "A Place of Yes" a few days ago (and really enjoying it!), and she talks extensively about her childhood and her parents. The answer to the question is that he seemed to like females who were very much younger than himself, i.e. 18, 19 year old arm-candies, but Bethenny never implied that he was a pedophile.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Bethenny didn't "sell" the Skinnygirl line, she's "partnered" with a major spirits company, and she still remains integrally involved as the "creator, collaborator, marketer, flavor inventor, and idea person" for all new Skinnygirl products. Personally, I think that was the best and smartest thing she could have done, because it was clear that she was in way over her head trying to keep up with the demand for the product, and as much as Jason wanted to help her, he said himself, he did not know that particular industry. So now she's got the best of both worlds --- she's partnerned with a major company which can handle the business end of things, and she can stay involved in the development of new products as well.

Here's what she wrote in her today's email:

"Recently, it was announced that I had sold the rights to the Skinnygirl cocktails brand to Beam Global Spirits & Wine, one of the world's largest spirits companies. You are the ones who made Skinnygirl as popular as it is, so I want to give you all the details about this decision.

The Skinnygirl Margarita was a solution I came up with for a simple problem: We all want a delicious cocktail, but we don't want the guilt or the hangover.

I knew the product would be a hit, so I brought it to all of the major liquor companies, run by men—incidentally—and no one wanted it. I knew I had a good idea, and as I say in my new book, "A Place of Yes," never assume that anyone is smarter than you. This was a great idea, and I wasn't going rely on the opinions of men, when I knew women would be the ones buying and drinking it.

So I decided to develop the product and the brand myself.

Lo and behold: A craze began, an entirely new category in this industry was created, and I had demand for what became the Cabbage Patch Doll of cocktails. We were the Little Cocktail That Could, trying to keep up with unprecedented demand within an industry we were racing to gain an understanding of.

When Beam came along, I was completely reluctant to share or give up my baby. This brand with so much potential was mine to grow. I was the first to come up with this concept, and I wanted to keep it that way—rolling out all of my new flavors, sizes, and marketing ideas. I wanted the ability to go global. I have a great international fan base, and they're clamoring for Skinnygirl Margaritas as well. At the same time, all of the other liquor giants have been scrambling to try to copy this brand with cheap imitations. My job is to get you a wide variety of high-quality Skinnygirl cocktails as soon as possible.

My decision to "partner" with Beam (and I use that word intentionally) was entered into and decided upon because I will remain integrally involved. I will remain creator, collaborator, marketer, flavor inventor, and idea person. Beam understood that if I wasn't involved, we couldn't do this.

I also couldn't do it to you: my fans who drink this product because you know I created it to be the cocktail you can trust. This will remain the case; I will still look to you for ideas and decisions about what you want next, and I will always put your opinions first.

I think this was a great decision, and I can't wait for you to try all of the new things I've been dying to bring to market for you!"
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 03-30-2011 at 02:30 PM.

FORT Fan

Imperfect - thanks so much for commenting on her latest book, I was just reading the reviews on Amazon this morning, I plan on picking up a copy this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    It was a new episode; not a repeat.
    I don't find Jason controlling at all.
    But, don't get me started on Bethenny.
    Brynn looks exactly like Jason, doesn't she? I love her little squeals of delight. So cute.

I didn't used to think think that about Jason, but, why would a spouse be so controlling about which friends are invited to the other ones birthday party? It's her birthday. Let her make the list. Who cares? Why get into it about his friends vs. her friends, etc.? He kept telling her she shouldn't be saying I, but us. Sorry, but for my birthday, it's not an us wish list, but miy wish list. Get real. Maybe it was scripted that they would argue about it.

I don't get the controlling vibe from him at all.
    I see a man trying to integrate his life with his wife's.
    Appears that all the compromise is on his part, all the time; with none on her part.
    He wants Bethenny to think of friends as "our" friends. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I don't get the controlling vibe from him at all. I see a man trying to integrate his life with his wife's. Appears that all the compromise is on his part, all the time; with none on her part. He wants Bethenny to think of friends as "our" friends. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
    I don't get a controlling vibe from him either. I do think though that he sees what he is used to experiencing as family and friends as where they are headed as a couple. He does seem to school her on what is "normal" and where they should be headed in his opinion. On the other hand I think that while Bethenny doesn't want her reality of family to be what she grew up with, she also doesn't want Jason's reality, and is trying to create a new reality with Jason. The only way to do that is for both of them to be open minded about alternatives to how a family will function and what is normal. Trying on different lifestyles is how I think people with dysfunctional backgrounds "move on" from the trauma until they find the lifestyle that is functional for them.

There is also nothing wrong with saying that the friends one part of a couple had before a marriage are now "our friends". The leap to saying "and these are the friends I want to invite to your birthday party" is presumptuous IMO. There was a lot going on in that scene though so it is hard for me to determine whether Bethenny was being too rigid and "me, me, me" or whether Jason was being too pushy about what are essentially his friends to an event that by definition was for her friends to show their support for her at her birthday. She may have wanted some people who supported her through the hard times there that wouldn't be if the people that were Jason's friends originally were invited. Five couples is a lot if Bethenny isn't close to them. On the other hand, if the people who would be left off the invite list are more business colleagues, then let Jason invite some of the friends he is bringing into the marriage.
    Last edited by Boann; 03-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    Sorry, but for my birthday, it's not an us wish list, but miy wish list. Get real. Maybe it was scripted that they would argue about it.
    This! I think it's totally implausible that Jason would argue about inviting HIS friends to his wife's birthday party. Maybe one or two truly mutual friends - otherwise, no. This would never happen in my life, or most other people's IMO.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    There is also nothing wrong with saying that the friends one part of a couple had before a marriage are now "our friends". The leap to saying "and these are the friends I want to invite to your birthday party" is presumptuous IMO. There was a lot going on in that scene though so it is hard for me to determine whether Bethenny was being too rigid and "me, me, me" or whether Jason was being too pushy about what are essentially his friends to an event that by definition was for her friends to show their support for her at her birthday. She may have wanted some people who supported her through the hard times there that wouldn't be if the people that were Jason's friends originally were invited. Five couples is a lot if Bethenny isn't close to them. On the other hand, if the people who would be left off the invite list are more business colleagues, then let Jason invite some of the friends he is bringing into the marriage.
    I really got the impression that Jason was really trying to help Bethanny understand the "couple-ness" of them now when talking about what guests to invite, rather him selfishly, trying to get his personal friends invited.
    He just doesn't seem to be a selfish or controlling guy. He's darn near perfect as a husband, I think. (not by type but I can see good when I see it.)

+ Reply to Thread