+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I don't know if Bethenny's mom was an alcoholic. It just looked like that was the implication from some of the posts upthread.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, someone said so and we all ran with it.... But now I'm not so sure that was the case....

From what I've read, her mother was a bulimic and an alcoholic. Her father was into drugs and young girls.
    Poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    From what I've read, her mother was a bulimic and an alcoholic. Her father was into drugs and young girls.
    Poor kid.
    Just to make sure I understand correctly--do you mean young girls as in he was a pedophile or young girls as in he dated adult women that were very much younger than him?

It does sound like she has a screwed up background, but I admit I haven't read a lot about her family.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    IFor me, the concern isn't drinking, the concern is getting drunk, specifically. Just a personal thing.
    That is the definition of an alcoholic, according to AA. Someone who cannot just have a drink or two. An alcoholic drinks to the point of drunkeness. It's believed that one is genetically predisposed to this.

My husband has been in AA for 20 years. He not only doesn't mind my having an occasional drink, he encourages it. Because I am not an alcoholic. The only time we have alcohol in the house is when we are entertaining, especially around the holidays.

This is the Skinny Girl Margarita:

2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
    Tiny splash of Orange Liquor
    Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges

I have one every Friday after work.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    That is the definition of an alcoholic, according to AA. Someone who cannot just have a drink or two. An alcoholic drinks to the point of drunkeness. It's believed that one is genetically predisposed to this.

My husband has been in AA for 20 years. He not only doesn't mind my having an occasional drink, he encourages it. Because I am not an alcoholic. The only time we have alcohol in the house is when we are entertaining, especially around the holidays.

This is the Skinny Girl Margarita:

2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
    Tiny splash of Orange Liquor
    Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges

I have one every Friday after work.
    Do you add this to the Margarita mix? I thought hers came in a bottle and you just added the liquor to it.

It sounds very refreshing.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you add this to the Margarita mix? I thought hers came in a bottle and you just added the liquor to it.

It sounds very refreshing.
    No This is what you have if you want to order one in a bar. Skinny Girl Margarita isn't a mix, but a fully mixed bottle of the cocktail. She uses blue agave for the sweetener instead of sugar, so a 4 oz. glass is under 100 calories.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-25-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Just to make sure I understand correctly--do you mean young girls as in he was a pedophile or young girls as in he dated adult women that were very much younger than him?

It does sound like she has a screwed up background, but I admit I haven't read a lot about her family.
    Ewww......I hadn't thought of it that way.
    I couldn't say for sure but I took it to mean young adult girls. I didn't get an pedophile vibe from it at all.

How did you like the show last night? Was it a rerun? I must say that I think being around Jason or Bethenny would be exhausting. It's not just Bethenny, it's Jason too. Honeslty, they are both so controlling. How can they keep that intensity of emotions for the long haul. I can't see it happening. I hope it's drama for tv and not the real thing. I really found them annoying.

I also noticed LOTS of alcohol consumption. My goodness, maybe I'm just paying closer attention now that it was discussed on these boards. LOL

It was a new episode; not a repeat.
    I don't find Jason controlling at all.
    But, don't get me started on Bethenny.
    Brynn looks exactly like Jason, doesn't she? I love her little squeals of delight. So cute.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread