+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Loved the show - glad its back!

Nice going Bethenny & Jason. What a pleasure to watch!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Okay, I'm peri-menopausal....full disclosure here

But every time Bethenny tears up or cries, I do, too! It's weird -- I don't normally do this If Tamra did that, for example, I'd snicker.

Is Bethenny that "real" or is she that "good" or am I that "hormonal"?

Maybe I need therapy like Bethenny, I don't know. But just watching her in this first episode all teary-eyed in Jason's bar when they were toasting got to me.

If she's just a great actress, then just give her the Oscar already.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Where Jason's family lives is where I live. Nice, peaceful & quiet.
    The thing I saw in Bethenny is that I don't think she can understand the closeness of the families living here. Holidays are spent together, no question about it. It is just a natural response for Jason to call his Mom as soon as Bryn reaches a milestone like rolling over on her side. My sons call me first everything something good or bad happens to them. After me then they call their girlfriends. I'm trying to teach them to call their girlfriends FIRST. Hard for them to do but in this area Mom always comes first.
    Wow! How lucky for you to be living there. Here, in So Cal, I have darn near perfect weather and a comfortable casual lifestyle but that small town seemed like heaven to me. I'm sure others would think So Cal is heaven. All relative I guess. I'm glad PA Snow Bunny, that you are aware of how nice it is where you live.

I think Bethanny and Jason are dealing with normal adjustments that new families must make and since both come from such polar opposites, it's probably a little harder. I don't think I'd want to have my in-laws over every 3weeks for a whole weekend.

I know a lot of people think Bethanny is just the best thing ever and I do like her but............... listening tonight to her therapist, I can see that she is her own worst enemy regarding her past. She is the one who won't let it die. She is keeping the hurt/rejection alive. It has become a huge part of her identity and she continues to feed it.

Just like she keeps herself so busy and manic, that she barely has time to breathe. Makes me wonder why she has to live this way and then complain about it. Life is what you choose it to be and Bethanny chooses constant stress and extreme busyness.....and then doesn't feel good about it.

Basically, I do like her and I'm hoping she stays with this therapist because he really seems to understand her. She seems like a decent, honest person who has a lot of love to give and I think she could really be happy. She has a great guy who really "gets" her.

I think people have to decide for how long in their adult life that they are going to let their past dictate how they feel.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I know a lot of people think Bethanny is just the best thing ever and I do like her but............... listening tonight to her therapist, I can see that she is her own worst enemy regarding her past. She is the one who won't let it die. She is keeping the hurt/rejection alive. It has become a huge part of her identity and she continues to feed it.

Just like she keeps herself so busy and manic, that she barely has time to breathe. Makes me wonder why she has to live this way and then complain about it. Life is what you choose it to be and Bethanny chooses constant stress and extreme busyness.....and then doesn't feel good about it.

Basically, I do like her and I'm hoping she stays with this therapist because he really seems to understand her. She seems like a decent, honest person who has a lot of love to give and I think she could really be happy. She has a great guy who really "gets" her.

I think people have to decide for how long in their adult life that they are going to let their past dictate how they feel.
    Normally I agree with you, Dragonlady, but on this point we differ. I completely understand why Bethenny is unable to let go of the deep pain she feels --- I too wish that she could just 'let it go' --- but unfortunately, it's easier said than done. When you have the kind of pain that it is sooooooo deep that it just sears your soul and completely breaks your heart, you might know 'intellectually' that you need to let it go, but 'emotionally' you just can't seem to do it. Some people, after years of therapy or other counseling or life experiences, or whatever, are lucky enough to be able to move on from those kinds of pains, but others are not. Bethenny seems to be really trying, but you can see it's really hard for her. The pain of her childhood is so deep that she just can't seem to be able to get past it. Luckily for her, her therapist DOES seem to get it, and I notice that he immediately brings it to her attention whenever she defines herself by that pain or loss. And I notice that she responds in a positive way, sort of like: "Oh, am I doing that again? OK, I didn't realize it." That's good, because I think it's a step toward healing. Hopefully for Bethenny, between having a very intuitive therapist and a wonderful husband, baby and new family (not to mention a good life and business successes as well) she'll be able to leave the pain of the past behind, and enjoy the blessings of the present and future.

By the way, Rosie O'Donnell is someone else who has said many times that she has never been able to get past the pain of her childhood, namely the death of her beloved mother when she was 10 years old. She has said that the pain of that loss has completely defined and colored the rest of her life, and no matter how much joy or love she has in her own life with her 4 children and all the other blessings that she has --- she still can't let it go.

I am unabashedly in love with Cookie....so I watch. As soon as I saw B aggressively chewing on those carrots, I knew trouble was to follow. Jason's paremts are sweet people who made no demands on B......remember her crying to her therapiist about her ex's parents being taken away from her? If she's not careful, the same thing will happen again.
    She has these wonderful people in her life now and instead of being greatful she pushes them away. Would love to know what the therapist thinks of that.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-02-2011 at 08:41 AM.

The worst thing Bethenny could do is have Jason work for her & move to California. Jason's family & friends are the people who made him who he is and taking him & now Bryn away from that won't work.

Familes in this area are super close especially sons to mothers. I swear these doctors up here forget to cut the umbilical cord. Most familes up here have annual family reunions & family members from out of state always come to these. There are holiday traditions that have been passed for generations. We used to go to the same church although I can't say if the Hoppy family are still members of that parish because I don't go to that church often. Don't tell my Mom or I will be saying Hail Mary's for decades.

Bryn has so much Dematt family in her; she is adorable. Let me clairfy that Jason's family lives in the Hazleton area not Hazleton city. BIG difference. My son & I were watching this again last night while eating dinner, Bellhops cheesesteak, & we were laughing because we knew who owned so many of the houses that were filmed.

For the record, wile we get our water from a well it isn't one where you lower a bucket & yes I do have all of my teeth

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    For the record, wile we get our water from a well it isn't one where you lower a bucket & yes I do have all of my teeth
    Yeah, that teeth comment, while I know she was just joking, kinda got me riled up. Stereotype much, Bethenny? Yes, we non-city folks actually have dentists now!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Normally I agree with you, Dragonlady, but on this point we differ. I completely understand why Bethenny is unable to let go of the deep pain she feels --- I too wish that she could just 'let it go' --- but unfortunately, it's easier said than done. When you have the kind of pain that it is sooooooo deep that it just sears your soul and completely breaks your heart, you might know 'intellectually' that you need to let it go, but 'emotionally' you just can't seem to do it. Some people, after years of therapy or other counseling or life experiences, or whatever, are lucky enough to be able to move on from those kinds of pains, but others are not. Bethenny seems to be really trying, but you can see it's really hard for her. The pain of her childhood is so deep that she just can't seem to be able to get past it. Luckily for her, her therapist DOES seem to get it, and I notice that he immediately brings it to her attention whenever she defines herself by that pain or loss. And I notice that she responds in a positive way, sort of like: "Oh, am I doing that again? OK, I didn't realize it." That's good, because I think it's a step toward healing. Hopefully for Bethenny, between having a very intuitive therapist and a wonderful husband, baby and new family (not to mention a good life and business successes as well) she'll be able to leave the pain of the past behind, and enjoy the blessings of the present and future.

By the way, Rosie O'Donnell is someone else who has said many times that she has never been able to get past the pain of her childhood, namely the death of her beloved mother when she was 10 years old. She has said that the pain of that loss has completely defined and colored the rest of her life, and no matter how much joy or love she has in her own life with her 4 children and all the other blessings that she has --- she still can't let it go.

Update on Rosie. She was on Who Do You Think You Are a week ago and tracked down her ancestors from Ireland on her mom's side of the family. She said it really touched her and changed her in a way that she never expected to happen and that it did help with the pain of losing her mom. IT was very touching. It's on NBC I think.

+ Reply to Thread