+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 108 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Hmmmm, I don't know,the therapy seems pretty real to me. The therapist has set Bethenny straight (and given her excellent guidance) on quite a few occasions -- for example, when Bethenny puts herself down and/or when she doesn't acknowledge that she did have a family -- even though it wasn't the kind of family Bethenny would've wanted.
    Well said and I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    To me, even though she has serious issues, Bethany is fresh air compared to these women we see on tv who are fake. She is who she is, damaged, fragile, and I love her for that. She makes me laugh every time I see her on the tv.
    Me too! She's that bestfriend that everybody wished they had in their lives. She's not afraid to admit when she's wrong. She funny as heck and can be brutally honest with you all in the same breath. I don't blame her for wanting boundaries with her in-laws. Hell I had to keep my in-laws in check as well and like Jason's parents, mine are awesome people, but sometimes I need my space (my mother-in law understood and agreed, Dad not so much). So you just gotta love Bethanny. Heck Jason knew who he was marrying.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    How can it possibly be real with a camera crew in the room? Barring the implausibility, it seems a violation of professional ethics.
    Not a violation of doctor/patient agree to it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Not a violation of doctor/patient agree to it.
    Good point.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    'Scuse me if I've got this wrong but didn't Bethenny have an alcoholic mother and that alcoholism was part of why her childhood was so dreadful. Now she's doing everything she can to get low-cal booze into the hands of body-image obsessed women everywhere?

Karma.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    AA, you perfectly stated my point. I can only say from personal experience with therapy, when I fist went I was a mess. I barely weighed 80 pounds. My youngest son would have to drive me everywhere I went because even the shortest drive was too hard for me.
    I wanted/needed my son to be with me during my first few sessions but was told that would not be possible. My son had to wait for me down in the lobby of the building & not in the waiting room.
    For the cameras to be rolling here...not buying it.

I do give Bethenny TONS of credit for going for help to deal with her issues. I also applaud her for agreeing to allow Bryn to be baptized. I do think if this family, Jason's parents included, would have a session or 2 with a family therapist to set guidlines & boundries. I think it would benefit everyone.

I know the total panic stricken look of a new Mom when Bryn was being passed around strangers. I agree with her that she needed to get out of there.
    Therapy is different for everyone, and everyone goes for different reasons.

Let's keep in mind though, that we see Bethenny's therapist for about two minutes an episode. Most therapy sessions are 45 minutes to an hour.

My guess is that when they go, the editors have an idea of what the week's storyline is going to be, they talk about issues pertaining to that for a few minutes, and then the cameras leave. Bethenny's responses seem candid and honest, at least to me.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    'Scuse me if I've got this wrong but didn't Bethenny have an alcoholic mother and that alcoholism was part of why her childhood was so dreadful. Now she's doing everything she can to get low-cal booze into the hands of body-image obsessed women everywhere?

Karma.
    Having an alcoholic parent doesn't mean that you're a teetotaler, or opposed to the sale of alcoholic beverages.

And drinking her Skinny Girl Margaritas doesn't make me obsessed with my body image.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Companies that produce food and beverages of all kinds put out low-cal, low-fat, low-carb lines. I don't see anything wrong with it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Having an alcoholic parent doesn't mean that you're a teetotaler, or opposed to the sale of alcoholic beverages.

And drinking her Skinny Girl Margaritas doesn't make me obsessed with my body image.
    Plus Bethenny seems to (with the exception of that one party of Alex's where she got smashed) understand where her limit is. I'd guess growing up with an alcoholic parents probably taught, her better than someone without an alcoholic parent, where that line is and why it shouldn't be crossed. I'd certainly rather buy a liquor from someone like her rather than someone like say, The Situation. I'd expect her brand to focus on quality and thus would be intended to be sipped.

+ Reply to Thread