+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I do give Bethenny alot of credit for at least trying to change. Change is difficult & therapy does help. Been there, done that BUT I would never imagine having my sessions filmed even for my own personal use to review where I was, where I am & where i want to be. I would NEVER allow BRAVO to film & show my sessions & I find it a bit odd that any therapist would either.
    I know when I was in therapy there wasn't anyone waiting in the waiting room & I left by a different door than I came in.
    It can't be real therapy. It's real-ityteevee therapy with a huge dose of affirmation that what B feels and thinks is rather wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    It can't be real therapy. It's real-ityteevee therapy with a huge dose of affirmation that what B feels and thinks is rather wonderful.
    Perfectly stated, as always, Anglo Am
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Perfectly stated, as always, Anglo Am
    Hmmmm, I don't know,the therapy seems pretty real to me. The therapist has set Bethenny straight (and given her excellent guidance) on quite a few occasions -- for example, when Bethenny puts herself down and/or when she doesn't acknowledge that she did have a family -- even though it wasn't the kind of family Bethenny would've wanted.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure we don't see all of her sessions. I'm sure we see only a very little bit of them.

FORT Fogey

How can it possibly be real with a camera crew in the room? Barring the implausibility, it seems a violation of professional ethics.

Loved the most recent episode. No matter that much of it is faked or rehearsed, it seems like we're still getting the essence of what it's like being newly married, super busy, semi-famous, and a new mom in NYC. Bethenny's life is interesting to watch.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

To me, even though she has serious issues, Bethany is fresh air compared to these women we see on tv who are fake. She is who she is, damaged, fragile, and I love her for that. She makes me laugh every time I see her on the tv.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    To me, even though she has serious issues, Bethany is fresh air compared to these women we see on tv who are fake. She is who she is, damaged, fragile, and I love her for that. She makes me laugh every time I see her on the tv.
    I must agree with you about that. Bethanny is a mess, like a lot of us humans but she seems to be aware that she's lacking in certain areas and wants to make changes. Most of the other Housewives haven't a clue that there is anything wrong with them. Like her or not, Bethanny is real.

FORT Fogey

How can it possibly be real with a camera crew in the room? Barring the implausibility, it seems a violation of professional ethics.
    I think that if Bethenny does realy therapy with him, they turn the cameras off, and do it then. Her therapy sessions always show her arriving there. So I think they film that as a recap for the show, and then the cameras leave and they continue with the real therapy.

AA, you perfectly stated my point. I can only say from personal experience with therapy, when I fist went I was a mess. I barely weighed 80 pounds. My youngest son would have to drive me everywhere I went because even the shortest drive was too hard for me.
    I wanted/needed my son to be with me during my first few sessions but was told that would not be possible. My son had to wait for me down in the lobby of the building & not in the waiting room.
    For the cameras to be rolling here...not buying it.

I do give Bethenny TONS of credit for going for help to deal with her issues. I also applaud her for agreeing to allow Bryn to be baptized. I do think if this family, Jason's parents included, would have a session or 2 with a family therapist to set guidlines & boundries. I think it would benefit everyone.

I know the total panic stricken look of a new Mom when Bryn was being passed around strangers. I agree with her that she needed to get out of there.

+ Reply to Thread