+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Coco I agree with you.

I can only come at this with a perspective of living my entire life in Jason's hometown & coming from a family very similar to his. We went to the same church. Family in this region is family & comes first. It is only natural for the grandparents to wants to see Bryn often. She is growing so fast each & every day. My boys first recation is to call me first & then their girlfriends no matter how many times I tell them they need to call me second. The umbliical cords for some strange reason never get cut. hey the very first thing I do in the morning, before i even take my coat off is call my Mom.

Jason & Bethenny do need to work this out but in private. I don't for one second think Bethenny hates her in-laws. I just think Jason & his family are close & this is the way things have been for years. With the addition of Bethenny & Bryn into his life all parties need to make adjustments. I just firmly feel this needed to be done in private & not with BRAVO cameras running. Trust me...Carol & Bob are most definately NOT looking for media attention & were only trust into it due to their son marrying into it.

BTW...NYC to Hazleton is a 2 hour trip on all interstate highways.

I guess I have strong opinions of this because it reflects my own life so much. My daughter and I are extremely close.
    She and her husband are expecting their first child and my first grandchild in August and it's possible they may only have the one child. My son died five years ago so there's always a need to fill a void and a grandchild seems like a gift from heaven.

I have a wonderful son in law who does not come from a very close family, is uncomfortable with a families, in general, prefers not to do any family get-togethers too often. We have tried to understand his feelings and often, my daughter and I do a lot of things together without requiring his presence so he doesn't feel pressured.
    They've been married almost 5 years and he's slowly becoming more and more comfortable in family situations. I know he likes us a lot and when he's with us, forgets his apprehensions. We've just taken it slowly, trying not to push and respect their independence. After all this time, he has come to know and trust that we will not "invade" their world.

When the baby comes, it will be hard to refrain from 'begging' for more visits to meet our wishes, especially if this is going to be my only grandchild. We'll just try to follow the same formula, knowing the more we push, the further he will stay away.
    I love and respect him very much and am grateful that I know he'll take good care of my daughter and any children they have. That was my prayer for my daughter and if I get any other perks, then that's just icing on the cake. But it appears that by not pushing, more comes.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I rewatched a couple of Bethenny Getting Married episodes a few days ago, and something that Bethenny said really struck a chord with me, about her difficulty in letting Jason's parents be as close to them as they would like to be. Bethenny said that she was the true "runaway bride," in that, before she met Jason, she could not even commit to the idea of a long term marriage, let alone a long term involvement with her future-spouse's families. I think that explains a lot, and actually, she's come a long, long way since then. Now, she's not only very deeply in love with Jason, but she has fully committed her whole life to him, and to Bryn. (And now she even thinks of "her" business as "their" business -- and wants to build it up, not just for herself, but for all 3 of them as a family.) That's a pretty big step forward for Bethenny. I think she'll ease up somewhat, in time, with Jason's parents --- but Bethenny is Bethenny, and I don't think she'll ever be as close to them as they would love her to be. It's just not in her nature --- for whatever reasons. But the good news is that she's very much aware of this and she's not only really trying really hard to "soften her edges" (as she says) --- but she's also making as many compromises as she can, because, as she just said to her therapist, Jason is so wonderful --- and he is making so many compromises for her. You know, it's very tough to entirely change your nature --- so I give her a lot of credit for really trying hard to do so.

I do give Bethenny alot of credit for at least trying to change. Change is difficult & therapy does help. Been there, done that BUT I would never imagine having my sessions filmed even for my own personal use to review where I was, where I am & where i want to be. I would NEVER allow BRAVO to film & show my sessions & I find it a bit odd that any therapist would either.
    I know when I was in therapy there wasn't anyone waiting in the waiting room & I left by a different door than I came in.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Bethenny seems very uncomfortable with real families right now, as she didn't really have one growing up. Jason's family, bless their hearts, are very close to Jason (they already lost one son) and now having a grandbaby is pure heaven to them. You can tell that they are conflicted with Bethenny not wanting to be around them as much as they would like, and being the nice people that they are, trying to give Jason and Bethenny space. The reason IMO that Bethenny feels comfortable with her "faux families" that she establishes is that she can drop these pretend families out of her life anytime she wants, but can't her real in-laws. She knows deep down she has to tread very lightly with them, because I think she does love them. Just doesn't know how to deal with all this closeness.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "real families," Coco. Does growing up an only child living with parents who are emotionally distant make your family "fake?" Does it render you incapable of relating to a "real family" experience? I don't think so.

I cannot imagine dealing with in-laws who'd want 2 overnight visits monthly with my family. And, I'm from a HUGE immediate family (10 siblings) with whom I am quite close. And my parents, God rest them, never once spent an entire night in my home - except on vacations, even though we were extremely close. In fact, I must say that I've never known a married couple who hosted regular monthly overnight visits from their parents. If anything, I'd say this isn't an expectation "real" families normally have to deal with.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "real families," Coco. Does growing up an only child living with parents who are emotionally distant make your family "fake?" Does it render you incapable of relating to a "real family" experience? I don't think so.

I cannot imagine dealing with in-laws who'd want 2 overnight visits monthly with my family. And, I'm from a HUGE immediate family (10 siblings) with whom I am quite close. And my parents, God rest them, never once spent an entire night in my home - except on vacations, even though we were extremely close. In fact, I must say that I've never known a married couple who hosted regular monthly overnight visits from their parents. If anything, I'd say this isn't an expectation "real" families normally have to deal with.
    My statement on real families are all those people one is related you by blood or marriage, as oppose to people whom we "gather around us". These may be friends, supporters, hangers on, or those that stroke our egos. Does that make sense, Poppy Fields?
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    My statement on real families are all those people one is related you by blood or marriage, as oppose to people whom we "gather around us". These may be friends, supporters, hangers on, or those that stroke our egos. Does that make sense, Poppy Fields?
    I did get your comparison. But I don't see Bethenny as being uncomfortable with having and being a part of a "real" family, Coco. Especially since she and Jason are forging one of their very own.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I did get your comparison. But I don't see Bethenny as being uncomfortable with having and being a part of a "real" family, Coco. Especially since she and Jason are forging one of their very own.
    The discomfort I saw was not with her primary family ie:Jason and Bryn, but with his parents. IMO she felt they wanted too much of her time, which she would rather have spent it with J&B. Since she leads such a busy life, her time with them is precious.

Bethenny has come a long way, though, from those first days we were introduced to her. I would never have imagined that she would have made such a good mother and wife. Of course, she does have a dream of a husband........ I do believe in time she won't feel that way about Jason's parents.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I rewatched this episode yesterday. Hey I saved it because it is my hometown. Heck I could post pictures of the places & I could almost touch the silo Bethenny called a "smokestack".

I do think things were taken/filmed out of context. While Carol did say "I want to see you more like every week" to Bryn I don't think she meant that literally. I saw it more as a doting new grandmother fawning over her newborn grandchild. I really doubt she expected a weekly visit. We are also talking NE. Pennsylvania where we get horrible snowstorms & I very much doubt Carl would want Jason to be driving Bryn to PA to see her during a storm. Speaking of our weather; Friday it was sunny & in the 70's, today it is snowing with a 2 hour school delay. SMH!

I can see how Bethenny took it an unintended way & I hope the family got things patched up. Jason does come from a very closed tight-knit extended family & Bethenny and Bryn would be welcomed with open & loving arms. I can see how Bethenny can be a bit stand-offish to this since I very much doubt she had this type of family life growing up which is a huge shame on her parents. All I can say is I used to welcome visits from my parents & in-laws & willing let them have the kids. I got some "me" time then. It was great to be able to take a bubble bath without a small tap of the door because someone looked at the other the wrong way or had to potty.

This is however Jason & Bethenny's family first & they need to work things out between them & not in public. Jason has got to cut the umbillical cord & make Bethenny feel like she is #1 eventhough I am sure he already does that. I wish this family nothing but the best.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I thought by the way everyone acted during the firing scene that it was a totally rehearsed scene, not spontaneous at all. Max came in knowing his lines. IMHO.
    I also think that the theory that little squarejaw was a "plant" or a "prop" or an object of lust for Andy was supported by Bethenny mentioning somewhat emphatically that she didn't like him goofing off on her dime.

+ Reply to Thread