+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I agree, although it wasn't really that entertaining to watch him get canned on camera. But I think you're right - B said that the pint-sized quarterback annoyed her inexplicably; you think he would have done that during the interview and therefore not gotten hired. But I bet that Bravo told her to hire him. And I bet that if Bravo were paying his salary, he'd still be loveable square-jawed Max, always good for a laugh.
    I thought by the way everyone acted during the firing scene that it was a totally rehearsed scene, not spontaneous at all. Max came in knowing his lines. IMHO.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I thought by the way everyone acted during the firing scene that it was a totally rehearsed scene, not spontaneous at all. Max came in knowing his lines. IMHO.
    That seemed quite obvious to me also.
    I always thought Max wasn't a very good assistant and was probably a Bravo "prop." Staging the whole firing on camera was unnecessary unless you're looking at it thru Bravo's eyes, trying to insert drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I don't agree. Whenever anyone is not ready to do something, no matter what it is they don't feel ready to do or to whom they are talking, that's all that needs to be said. "I just don't feel ready to do that." It could be added, "I'll keep thinking about it, and when I'm ready, I'll let you know." End of discussion. Why we feel the emotions we feel often cannot be explained. If it would cause her anxiety for Jason to take the baby his parents' house without her at this moment in time, Jason should respect that, and trust that it will not always be that way. His first loyalty should be to his wife, not his parents.
    Well, rats!
    I guess I'm not making myself very clear. Let me try again, please.
    I'm in agreement with you that Bethanny shouldn't do anything regarding Bryn until she's ready and only she will know when that happens. I just meant since Jason was also a parent, she needs to explain to him her reasons. I didn't mean she had to give into him. But just communicate why she's not ready, even if she's unsure what she's exactly feeling. Just talk to him about her thoughts and together work it out.
    Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong timeline for such things. Moms are programmed to safe-guard their babies and you can't force it.
    Sorry for the misunderstandings. Sometimes hard to get complete understanding with just the written word.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    How do you know what swirls around in Bethenny's head? That is amazing!!
    It's easy really, I watch the show. I hear the words that come out of her mouth as she's having a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Everyone is different and there is no right or wrong timeline for such things. Moms are programmed to safe-guard their babies and you can't force it.
    Sorry for the misunderstandings. Sometimes hard to get complete understanding with just the written word.
    And fathers aren't because???? I'm not trying to pick at you Dragon because we normally agree but I am a Mom to sons. IMHO Jason has every right to spend equal time with their daughter. I just think the conversation about how often they/he & Bryn visit his family in his own town should have done in private & not with BRAVO cameras rolling. Bethenny & Jason should do visits only when both parties agree. I don't think it should be a huge issue if Jason were to take Bryn with him on a visit home & he allowed his Mom to babysit for Bryn while he golfed with his friends. Trust me, Carol would be great.
    Bethenny was perfectly fine with having her baby nurse be in charge if Byrn while she was on overnight stays for business. Of the 2; the grandmother who we have seen adores her grandchild or a nurse who came with good recomandations, is really still a stranger.
    I am not saying the baby nurse isn't a capable & adores Bryn. The thing I find "odd" here is that Bethenny seems to find these people who shall I say are a bit "out there" ie her new foodie friend, Max, ect. & is pefrectly comfortable having them as her "faux" family while her in-laws she wants to keep at arms distance.
    Anyway...last time I comment on this family/show. BTW...I thought Max was an unpaid intern. Who knew.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

My preference was always to have a babysitter come to our home - my kids never went to theirs, even if the sitter was a relative. Because I've always worked, we always had a housekeeper (and a nanny when they were tiny). My time with my kids was enormously precious to me, and I didn't relinquish much of it to their grandparents when they were babies or toddlers.

I believe that dads do have a different kind of bond with their babies than moms do in terms of their needs to be with their babies. A mom's is bone deep, it can even feel like an ache. My kids all slept in an infant-sized crib in our bedroom until they were about 5 months old, because I needed them to. My husband wasn't too keen on this, but he was sensitive enough to my needs to tolerate it. He could also take off on weekend fishing/camping trips and truly benefit from the time away. I could not imagine wanting to do a golf outing on a weekend when I had a baby at home. If I was obliged to go on one, I'd want my husband to be caring for the baby.

My husband's parents liked to see the kids pretty often. They lived close enough to come to our home for dinner, or us to theirs, a couple of times a month. But one thing they did every year was rent a giant shore house right on the beach for the entire summer. When the kids were old enough (around 8 or 9 years old), you can bet they preferred staying there in the summer with them to staying home with boring old us. They all developed deep, loving bonds with their grandparents over the years. I imagine Bryn will, too.

That was the "norm" for our family. Bethenny and Jason are going to have to work this out. I'm not even sure it's an authentic problem for them. It is, after all, a Bravo show.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    It's easy really, I watch the show. I hear the words that come out of her mouth as she's having a meltdown.
    Too funny
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Bethenny was perfectly fine with having her baby nurse be in charge if Byrn while she was on overnight stays for business. Of the 2; the grandmother who we have seen adores her grandchild or a nurse who came with good recomandations, is really still a stranger.

While Bethenny is on a business trip Bryn is at home, keeping to her routine, and being taken care of by both the baby nurse and Jason. This is very different than taking a 4 to 5 hour road trip (there and back) in one day with a 4 month old, especially when Grandma will see the baby the following week-end. Even if Carol can win a baby care throw down with Mary Poppins, it still doesn't mean that Bryn should have traveled to PA if Bethenny didn't want her new born baby to do that.

I really don't get the extrapolation from Bethenny cutting back on visits to Penn. as Bethenny hates her in-laws and wants to cut them out of Bryn's life.

And fathers aren't because????
    Of course, he is programmed also. I'm not saying either is better...just different. Since Bethanny is the one objecting, she should explain her feelings/disagreements to Jason, just as he should/does when he doesn't agree with Bethanny.
    I think we (here on FORT) have separated the issue into 2 different things. But I think it's mainly how Bethanny and Jason need to make those adjustments that any newlywed couple does because they come from such hugely different backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I believe that dads do have a different kind of bond with their babies than moms do in terms of their needs to be with their babies. A mom's is bone deep, it can even feel like an ache. My kids all slept in an infant-sized crib in our bedroom until they were about 5 months old, because I needed them to. My husband wasn't too keen on this, but he was sensitive enough to my needs to tolerate it.
    From my perspective, what a good husband you had, Poppy. I felt the same way with my babies at night. But my (former ) husband was "disturbed" by the noises the baby made. So the choice was simple. Baby and I moved to the living room, with me on the couch and baby in the cradle.
    (Although all that undisturbed sleep he got did nothing to improve his personality!!)

And fathers aren't because???? I'm not trying to pick at you Dragon because we normally agree but I am a Mom to sons. IMHO Jason has every right to spend equal time with their daughter. I just think the conversation about how often they/he & Bryn visit his family in his own town should have done in private & not with BRAVO cameras rolling. Bethenny & Jason should do visits only when both parties agree. I don't think it should be a huge issue if Jason were to take Bryn with him on a visit home & he allowed his Mom to babysit for Bryn while he golfed with his friends. Trust me, Carol would be great.
    I am not saying the baby nurse isn't a capable & adores Bryn. The thing I find "odd" here is that Bethenny seems to find these people who shall I say are a bit "out there" ie her new foodie friend, Max, ect. & is pefrectly comfortable having them as her "faux" family while her in-laws she wants to keep at arms distance. Anyway...last time I comment on this family/show. BTW...I thought Max was an unpaid intern. Who knew.
    Bethenny seems very uncomfortable with real families right now, as she didn't really have one growing up. Jason's family, bless their hearts, are very close to Jason (they already lost one son) and now having a grandbaby is pure heaven to them. You can tell that they are conflicted with Bethenny not wanting to be around them as much as they would like, and being the nice people that they are, trying to give Jason and Bethenny space. The reason IMO that Bethenny feels comfortable with her "faux families" that she establishes is that she can drop these pretend families out of her life anytime she wants, but can't her real in-laws. She knows deep down she has to tread very lightly with them, because I think she does love them. Just doesn't know how to deal with all this closeness.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread