+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I also think this will get easier as Bryn gets older. They grow so fast in the baby stage, but when she's older she won't have changed at all in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I didn't see that she ran out of good reasons. I think that not being ready for Grandma to take care of the baby all day is a "really good reason." No need for Bethenny to justify or explain it any further or come up with other reasons ... she's just not ready for that!
    I think we're saying the same thing. I used the words "good reasons" meaning that was Bethanny's way of coming up with excuses for Jason, and ones he would understand, not to take the baby by himself. I continued on to say that it's obvious Bethanny is not ready for that to happen. And yes, she does need to explain/justify to Jason because he is every bit as much a parent as Bethanny is. He is a very hands-on daddy.

I don't think Bethanny is ready for him to take the baby....YET.....but will be someday. Her main reason is that she's just not as comfortable with others even, or maybe, especially, family members because the whole thing is foreign to her. Normal for Jason. They need to work on it together until they reach a compromise that works for both of them and the grandparents. Given the amount of love and respect that is shown from all involved, I think that will happen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think he was hired for entertainment value, and fired for entertainment value too. I always got the impression that the assistants Bethany interviewed last year were cast by Bravo, and not sincerely candidates for a position Bethany would have created without the show. I think they picked Max expecting some sort of conflict or competition for Jason, and it didn't pan out. So they decided not to bring back his "character" this year, and had to work out a scene to explain what happened to him.
    I agree, although it wasn't really that entertaining to watch him get canned on camera. But I think you're right - B said that the pint-sized quarterback annoyed her inexplicably; you think he would have done that during the interview and therefore not gotten hired. But I bet that Bravo told her to hire him. And I bet that if Bravo were paying his salary, he'd still be loveable square-jawed Max, always good for a laugh.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I didn't see that she ran out of good reasons. I think that not being ready for Grandma to take care of the baby all day is a "really good reason." No need for Bethenny to justify or explain it any further or come up with other reasons ... she's just not ready for that!
    I couldn't agree more. The baby/mom bond isn't something you argue with yourself over. I also understand her resentment of Jason prounouncing what is "normal" in terms of family visitation. He only knows what's "normal" for his family, and I think he should acknowledge that. Then, they can work out what will be "normal" for their little family.

That 4-hour day trip would be a bit much for me, too. I cannot imagine what it will be like when Bryn is a toddler.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think we're saying the same thing. I used the words "good reasons" meaning that was Bethanny's way of coming up with excuses for Jason, and ones he would understand, not to take the baby by himself. I continued on to say that it's obvious Bethanny is not ready for that to happen. And yes, she does need to explain/justify to Jason because he is every bit as much a parent as Bethanny is. He is a very hands-on daddy.
    I don't think Bethanny is ready for him to take the baby....YET.....but will be someday. Her main reason is that she's just not as comfortable with others even, or maybe, especially, family members because the whole thing is foreign to her. Normal for Jason. They need to work on it together until they reach a compromise that works for both of them and the grandparents. Given the amount of love and respect that is shown from all involved, I think that will happen.
    I don't agree. Whenever anyone is not ready to do something, no matter what it is they don't feel ready to do or to whom they are talking, that's all that needs to be said. "I just don't feel ready to do that." It could be added, "I'll keep thinking about it, and when I'm ready, I'll let you know." End of discussion. Why we feel the emotions we feel often cannot be explained. If it would cause her anxiety for Jason to take the baby his parents' house without her at this moment in time, Jason should respect that, and trust that it will not always be that way. His first loyalty should be to his wife, not his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post

IMO she bristles way too much whenever visiting Jason's parents is brought up. No one is asking her to move in with them or center her life around these people. That is what swirls around in her own head.

How do you know what swirls around in Bethenny's head? That is amazing!!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I am going to scale back my view on this. Bethenny & Jason need to work this situation out between themselves & not on national TV where other people's feelings might be hurt.

It's true Snow Bunny. The viewing public slices and dices every aspect of their life-its put out there for all to see, but take it for entertainment value.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    What is Bethenney's Twitter account?
    Bethenny Frankel (Bethenny) on Twitter
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I felt so bad for Max being fired on camera He was hired for the entertainment value he would bring to the show and for Bethenny to fire him for being "inappropriate"? Please She keeps the baby nurse that's equally as "inappropriate" because she fits the storyline.I really love Nick the foodie and hope she doesn't treat him the same way. As always, I'm in love with Cookie, which is why I watch the show.
    Bunny, make the bolded sentence declarative instead of interrogatory, and you have the complete picture. :

+ Reply to Thread