+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    Having a male staff member pack a female's underwear is inappropriate.
    I think that if you are being hired as an assistant and part of an assistant's job is to pack a suitcase, then you pack the suitcase, including clean underwear. If Max was not going to be comfortable with that part of the job then he shouldn't have taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think a lot of people are really missing a big point here: She's Bethenny and Jason's baby, and actually, Bethenny does have a right to say what she is and isn't comfortable with regarding her child.
    Exactly and Jason clearly would like his baby to have a relationship with her grandparents. She is nearly a year old. At what point will it be ok?

What I don't understand at all is why Bethenny seems to object so much.
    She has gone on at length about how bad her childhood was.
    I can understand a new mother wanting to have time alone with her baby, but I really can't understand why she'd want to deny her baby the chance at loving grandparents; especially since she's gone on at length about craving a real family.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

IMHO Bethenny has not quite yet identified the "grandparent visit" issue. Seems to me the real problem is she's overextended, not enough time to have houseguests or take off for weekend getaways every month or so. The very idea is crushing because she has so very few minutes of discretionary time the way she's currently mismanaging her days.

Even with a good assistant and a nanny, she's drowning in time suck details- her varied businesses, filming for the show, guest appearances, and more. And every outing into the world is a sales & marketing gig. There's no down time. She needs a good grip on time management; a nanny that seamlessly keeps baby in Bethenny's life w/o overstepping the boundaries of employer/employee; and an assistant that works like a trooper- she already has that assistant, a good start.

So job one is get baby taken care of. Then get an office very near home, and separate business life from home life. Job two is get a second full time assistant, probably a bean counter, maybe a marketing pro.

Once she accomplishes these things, she's well on her way to having an actual personal life, unencumbered by constant business interruptions and the need to be "on" 24/7.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Exactly and Jason clearly would like his baby to have a relationship with her grandparents. She is nearly a year old. At what point will it be ok?
    What on EARTH makes you think she doesn't?? There's a big difference between not being okay with having Bryn be left at the grandparents all day, to not wanting them to have a relationship!! I just think it's really unfair to say she doesn't want Bryn to have a relationship with her grandparents when we have seen evidence of the opposite. She just isn't willing to make their ENTIRE life center around making sure that Jason's parents are ALWAYS around.

And they've stated on the show several times that Bryn sees the grandparents at least once every three weeks. Growing up, I was lucky to see my grandparents once every three months, and we have VERY good relationships.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I felt so bad for Max being fired on camera He was hired for the entertainment value he would bring to the show and for Bethenny to fire him for being "inappropriate"? Please She keeps the baby nurse that's equally as "inappropriate" because she fits the storyline.I really love Nick the foodie and hope she doesn't treat him the same way. As always, I'm in love with Cookie, which is why I watch the show.
    I think he was hired for entertainment value, and fired for entertainment value too. I always got the impression that the assistants Bethany interviewed last year were cast by Bravo, and not sincerely candidates for a position Bethany would have created without the show. I think they picked Max expecting some sort of conflict or competition for Jason, and it didn't pan out. So they decided not to bring back his "character" this year, and had to work out a scene to explain what happened to him.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

What is Bethenney's Twitter account?

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    What is Bethenney's Twitter account?
    It's just her first name
    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    What on EARTH makes you think she doesn't?? There's a big difference between not being okay with having Bryn be left at the grandparents all day, to not wanting them to have a relationship!! I just think it's really unfair to say she doesn't want Bryn to have a relationship with her grandparents when we have seen evidence of the opposite. She just isn't willing to make their ENTIRE life center around making sure that Jason's parents are ALWAYS around.

And they've stated on the show several times that Bryn sees the grandparents at least once every three weeks. Growing up, I was lucky to see my grandparents once every three months, and we have VERY good relationships.
    IMO she bristles way too much whenever visiting Jason's parents is brought up. No one is asking her to move in with them or center her life around these people. That is what swirls around in her own head.

FORT Fogey

I think they're putting a lot of pressure on her to be with them all the time, and it is a lot of pressure to always be hosting or guesting. She and Jason are also newlyweds, they need time to build their own little family unit.

tears.and.rain: You nailed it! In no way is she denying Bryn a relationship with her grandparents. When Bethany is ready and comfortable this will be a non-issue. I think they already go above and beyond.

+ Reply to Thread