+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

pretlitdev and Lucky22,
    Thank you! It's nice to know that there are still people out there that care about others' feelings and don't subscribe to the "it's all about me" scenario.
    I was taught to just sorta push the food around if I didn't like it so it looked like I'd eaten. Why should the host who's gone to a lot of trouble be made to feel bad and everyone else is content with what they're given?
    I have faith in humanity again!

FORT Fogey

As I am in Canada, and don't have this season yet, I just watched a marathon of Bethenny Getting Married. I loved it! She got a real gem in Jason Hoppy and I love the entire dynamic of the show! Far more genuine and authentic than Real Housewives of NYC (and I did like rhnyc!). I laughed and cried (many times!). I must have missed it, but how did she meet Jason? he is absolutely wonderful for her and you can feel how they adore one another.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    [
    I was taught to just sorta push the food around if I didn't like it so it looked like I'd eaten. Why should the host who's gone to a lot of trouble be made to feel bad and everyone else is content with what they're given?
    ITA! I cannot eat seafood due to getting very sick as a child (not allergic, as that is a whole other issue) .... so I have to often make do! So many people love seafood (wish I did!) that I would not enforce anyone else to not eat seafood. I can usually fill up on the other stuff....and if it's served up, I push it around and eat the other stuff. It's not a biggie.

Oh, and about guests staying or being a guest..... most of the time, I prefer to get a hotel.... I just like my space. but my family does visit..... but after a few days, I want them to go...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I must have missed it, but how did she meet Jason? he is absolutely wonderful for her and you can feel how they adore one another.
    Bethenny was doing a gig related to her Skinny Girl margarita drink at Tenjeune, a club in New York. Jason was there and asked her out. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    Bethenny was doing a gig related to her Skinny Girl margarita drink at Tenjeune, a club in New York. Jason was there and asked her out. The rest is history.
    I think Jason is an absolute doll and Bethenny is lucky to have him in her life. What man could put up with her frantic personality, but seems to do it quite well. She must be an exhausting person to live with.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I think Jason is an absolute doll and Bethenny is lucky to have him in her life. What man could put up with her frantic personality, but seems to do it quite well. She must be an exhausting person to live with.

I agree. I adore her and think she has some great qualities, but IMO a little would go a long way.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    pretlitdev and Lucky22,
    Thank you! It's nice to know that there are still people out there that care about others' feelings and don't subscribe to the "it's all about me" scenario.
    yeah, it's definitely part of my upbringing to make other people feel like I appreciate their efforts....the whole 'southern hospitality' thing I guess. like I said, my mother (and probably every other female relative) would tan my backside even today if they even got a hint of me being ungrateful to a host-maybe a litle self preservation in fact! I remember the first Thanksgiving I spent away from any kind of family....a friend brought me over to her parents' house.....got a call from my mom before I went over-she wanted to make sure I brought a side dish, a bottle of wine, and flowers. Then I got a call later that night to find out if I had eaten everything and helped with the dishes, lol.

I love Jason, he's such a doll. It's funny how much he and his dad sound alike! They've got the same kind of rhythm in the way they speak.

FORT Fogey

is it impossible to add to all the forums or just the RHOOC one?

FORT Fanatic

Bethenny obviously doesn't feel comfortable spending so much time with Jason's parents. Why doesn't the whole family go one time and then the next time, just Jason and the baby go to Penn.? It would give Bethenny a little time to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    Bethenny obviously doesn't feel comfortable spending so much time with Jason's parents. Why doesn't the whole family go one time and then the next time, just Jason and the baby go to Penn.? It would give Bethenny a little time to herself.
    Jason did suggest that to B last episode......She would have none of it if she wasn't involved.

+ Reply to Thread