+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1074
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I think we are seeing the real Bethenny. That funny, kind, and likeable girl was all an act. IMO, she used those around her, including Jason, to get ahead and make her fortune. I doubted Jill too, but she had her number. People warned Jason too, but he didn't listen. Now he has to endure her until Bryn is 18. Thank God that Jason is willing to fight for his time with Bryn.

FORT Fogey

Bethany is a mess. It will be interesting to see where she is at in 15-20 years. I imagine she will be alone and bitter. She doesn't seem to know how to let people in.

I liked Bethany while on the RHNY - all the way until she left the show. When her company took off and then got her own show with Jason is about the time I couldn't stomach her anymore. Then some media reports came out and her arrogance was apparent.

The limited grandparent time is ridiculous and just demonstrates her selfishness, insecurity, inability to get along with people, and need for control.

Ugh. I will not watch her talk show and actually, I hope it bombs. Jill needed to be taken down a notch. Getting axed from RHNY did it. This may do the same for Bethany. A painful, but necessary life lesson.
    Coco46, jucamer, Debb70 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Bethany is a mess. It will be interesting to see where she is at in 15-20 years. I imagine she will be alone and bitter. She doesn't seem to know how to let people in.

I liked Bethany while on the RHNY - all the way until she left the show. When her company took off and then got her own show with Jason is about the time I couldn't stomach her anymore. Then some media reports came out and her arrogance was apparent.

The limited grandparent time is ridiculous and just demonstrates her selfishness, insecurity, inability to get along with people, and need for control.

Ugh. I will not watch her talk show and actually, I hope it bombs. Jill needed to be taken down a notch. Getting axed from RHNY did it. This may do the same for Bethany. A painful, but necessary life lesson.
    I agree with this. I have a special sensitivity to the issues of parents who are so controlling and so full of hate that they need to keep their kids from knowing/spending time with one full side of their family. They are so threatened by the idea that the ex's side of the family may give the child/children more love than they can that they injure their own kids by keeping them apart. The legal system should do everything it can to prevent this but doesn't. These people are poison to children, it isn't about what's best for the kids but what the offending spouse wants...which is usually control.

She doesn't deserve to have a successful career in my opinion and I wouldn't cry any tears if any show she does bombs. She does need to be taken down at least a notch. I'm not sure she will learn anything from it, but that's her problem.

FORT Fogey

I don't understand why all that alleged therapy she's had (according to what we were led to believe on her Bravo shows) appears to have done her absolutely no good whatsoever! I think that therapist was just coddling and humoring her the whole time instead of really working with her on her issues.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think you are right AlwaysVeg. If Bethenny went to a therapist who did a good job of pointing out things she needed to fix, she'd likely get mad and look for someone else. She will only go to a therapist who supports her and tells her what she wants to hear. She surrounds herself with assurance that other people have done things to her, and flees any personal accountability.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think you are right AlwaysVeg. If Bethenny went to a therapist who did a good job of pointing out things she needed to fix, she'd likely get mad and look for someone else. She will only go to a therapist who supports her and tells her what she wants to hear. She surrounds herself with assurance that other people have done things to her, and flees any personal accountability.
    And I think she enjoys the time w/the therapist(s) because they only talk about her favorite subject: Bethanny.

I recently read an article about a writer who had a history with Bethenny. They had followed her career and regularly written things about her. I think they used to be positive. Then when Bethenny's show had the story of them being lost at sea, this writer did some digging and discovered that it was staged. The writer said that was the real start of their discovery into the real Bethenny. It wasn't just that it was staged, but according to this writer, Bethenny told untrue stories in interviews about. It went downhill since. This recent article was pretty harsh, but fair, IMO.

If I'm correct, Bethenny's psychiatrist was on that boat trip where they claimed to have been lost at sea. So, he had to have known the real deal. Hmmmmm.......

Debb, while I'm not a big fan of Bethenny, I doubt that her show was the only 1 that was staged. Most of them are.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You do realize that Jason's parents are not that old, mid 60's at the most. They will only bring positive influences to Bryn's worl and for the life of me I wonder why Bethenny would want only limited access then I realized why. Postive influences will only help to raise a normal happy child while toxicity will only breed a mini Bethenny. Think about all of the things Bethenny will have to talk/write about raising a rebillious child. Then when Bryn cuts Bethenny out of her life like bethenny did to her own mother we will have yet another sob/book-fest. Thankfully I will be at work so I will never watch her show nor will I dvr it like I do Katie.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Ugghhh.........I just saw a preview for BETHENNY'S show coming on in my area on Fox 50! That means I have to watch ads for that show now. How depressing. Why can't this be one of those shows that doesn't get picked up?
    Coco46 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread