+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1074
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

There is a review in the latest issue of one of my magazines, and it says that Skinny Girl has a very metallic aftertaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just saw an ad for Bethenny's new show. Premiering in Vegas on September 9th.
    I won't be watching. I'm sick of her already.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I won't be watching. I'm sick of her already.
    I imagine if I stumble across the show I'll watch a bit to see how she does, but I won't be seeking it out.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'll definitely be watching! Her show last summer was hilarious! The best + most interesting daytime talk show EVER!!!! And now, some of the other daytime talk show hosts are copying her style and doing her segments. As the old saying goes, imitation is the best form of flattery.

FORT Fogey

I'm very curious to know how her show will do. I fall into the boat if "if I come across it, I'll watch, but won't search it out". But it's been a while since I was a die-hard Bethenny fan. It seems like when her show was originally created, she had a huge influence on a lot of women who saw her as a sort of friend and advisor they could relate to. Since that time, through the divorce, rumored dating, and some of the other stories that have come out, it seems like some of the "she's just like me" appeal Bethenny had at one time is gone. That isn't necessarily something that will guarantee failure in the talk show world. After all, Oprah is not exactly relatable to the every day woman. But it seems like Bethenny really relied on that ability to relate to build her brand. I could see the success of the show going either way.

I'm a former fan who has no use for Bethenny anymore. If there's any bad public response to Bethenny, she brought it on herself. IMO, she will eventually alienate you.

I watched all the shows that had Bethanny. I even tried her talk show but I found that she always kept bringing the subject/topic around to her and how it affected her. I shouldn't have been surprised because that's who she seems to be. I just thought that the guest would be the most highlighted.
    I won't be watching....I have plenty of self-involved TV people to watch anyway, like all my Housewives.
    Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.

When I'm a fan of a performer, singer, actor, etc., I try not to focus on their personal life. However, with someone like Bethenny, who appears to be toxic, it's difficult to ignore. Eventually, I couldn't stand to look at her. She really is her own worst enemy. She had so many loyals fans, who helped her make her fortune, but she threw it away.

I hope she invests her money well. It will likely be all she has one day.
    Dragonlady and Coco46 like this.

Her personal life is such a mess - one remaining hope is that she is kind to her child. I still like watching Bethenny the entertainer; her wit, sharp focus, and fast thinking still interests me. Some of her Skinny Girl products are just fine, others- such as the Margarita body lotion - are plain awful.

Her personal life doesn't much interest me, but we've become a nation of celebrity worshipers, expecting them to be larger than life; mostly they're just as flawed as the average person.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

You are kind Prism. I respect that. I am normally, but Bethenny pushed me too much. I don't feel any sympathy for her. If I thought she really cared about her child, I might feel differently. Her blind ambition to have sole custody of Bryn, when Jason is available and even by her accounts, a good father, is just mean.

Her recent reports that Bryn had been so supportive during this custody battle and that she couldn't have gotten through it without Bryn's support, made me angry. Doesn't she know that a parent does not lean on a young child for emotional support. The child should be protected and not consoling the mom. It's outrageous, but I could see how Bethenny needs to be the one in crisis and the one everyone caters to. So sad. I wonder what experts have to say about that revelation.

+ Reply to Thread