+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1074
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    This is all so sad ... yes, especially for Bryn, but really for all of them. I would like to know what Jason did to deserve this. He seemed to me to be the best husband for Bethenny: down-to-earth, family-oriented, loving, understanding and accepting of her many quirks. Just what did he do, or what was there about him, that she couldn't live with?
    I see it differently. I found him very judgmental. He was the "perfect" guy, so by default any problems were Bethenny's fault. That just isn't true in real life. It would drive me batty to live with someone who blamed everything on me and made me responsible for all the problems in a marriage.

I don't think it's usually just one person's fault. Can be a combination of factors. From the little I saw of Bethenny here and there the impression I had was that her mouth was always running...she seemed to be the one always talking and always thinking about herself and her point of view, and was determined that everybody knew it.
    Coco46 likes this.

I know what I saw with Bethenny and Jason. Others have their take on it, but if you look at the faces of the people around them when there was conflict, you can get a lot from that too. Bethenny is simply so exasperating that it's difficult to exist next to her. AND if that isn't enough, listen to what Bethenny HERSELF says about her and their relationship. She sat and told her therapist week after week how difficult she is. She ADMITS she is impossible to deal with and that the problem REALLY is her. She was begging the doctor to tell her how to stop sabotaging her relationships. I'm not sure how that implicates Jason.

No one is perfect, but I never saw it as even close as to who was ruining their marriage. I adored Bethenny, but as a fan, watching her self destruct was not pleasant. I don't consider it judgmental to describe seeing her train wreck. Jason was seeing it up close. I feel for the guy and wish him luck. He will forever be tied to Bethenny and her path of misery. You can't blame him for being a little critical of her. She is impacting the life of Bryn and look what he had to deal with.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm guilty of pointing a lot of fingers at Bethenny in this thread, and I think that there's a lot of fault on her shoulders. But like KatesMom said, we only saw what happened on TV. We have no idea what happened in their marriage when cameras were not around. Yes Bethenny has said she's difficult, and has admitted that she sabotages relationships. So it's reasonable to assume that Jason knew those things when he got involved with her, and when he married her. We saw the lead up to their wedding, when she was demanding and belittling. Did Jason put up with it early on in their relationship, and then later start to stand up to it? It's possible, and it would be reasonable. But if he did, it would also be a way that Jason was changing the rules, and therefore contributing to the relationship failing. It's easy for us to see Bethenny's flaws, because she put them on TV for us. Jason was more private. So I think it's fair to think there could be more we don't know about.
    Moontat, Dragonlady and KatesMom like this.

FORT Fogey

I see no reason to assume that Jason knew exactly how difficult and demanding Bethenny was before they got married. After all, the pregnancy probably hastened that marriage, and if B hadn't become pregnant, they might have just dated or been engaged longer, during which time Jason would have learned a lot more about Bethenny that he wound up not experiencing until after they were married. Everything can be all fun and games (and Bethenny DOES know how to be charming and fun) until reality sets in after people are together 24/7 with a lot of responsibilities that they didn't have when they were just dating. That's when you really see how your partner behaves under a variety of conditions and how they truly function, and I don't think they really had that chance because their courtship was cut short by marriage, so to speak!
    Dragonlady likes this.

ACookerTV and AlwaysVeg, I can see both of your points of view.
    And we can only do what human beings tend to do: speculate and gossip about it all, based on only the few things we know.
    I'm definitely NOT condemning gossip because we like to do it..even when we know we shouldn't...
    For all we know at this point is that Bethanny has more tendencies (from what little we see) to be a villain.... And Jason comes off as Mr. Nice Guy.
    But who the heck knows the truth and who knows if we ever do learn it.....
    I have certainly judged these 2 as I said above....definitely guilty.
    What if someday we learn that Bethanny walked in on Jason having extramarital sex with someone?? Woman or Man.
    That would shock us all!
    But those two really do look miserable....more so than just deciding it wasn't working....and why decide two days before Christmas?
    I think there's a lot more than we know.
    jucamer likes this.

Was reading gossip online and found this blind item on DListed.com

"Which celebrity couple, whom recent had an ugly split, is not being totally honest – the two of them have agreed to pretend to be “at war” with each other to add a little drama, and a lot of attention to the otherwise dull story.

“They are both genius when it comes to PR. They know a seemingly ugly divorce will get both of them a lot of attention, which they both love, plus, it will make them both a lot more money in the long run,” one friend of the couple’s explains.

“The two of them still live together and have dinner together most nights, however, whenever they are in public they pretend they have no contact with the other person,” adds another pal. “These two have both worked out how to make a lot of money from being famous and have no plans to stop now. After they officially get divorced they will both be laughing all the way to the bank – together.”

The joke is on us! (Naughty But Nice Rob)

Bethenny Frankelstein and Jason Hoppy?

Fooled me but makes total sense.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Truthfully, that says to me that at the very least, that if they still live together (which actually, I believe is true, because it's been openly stated that Jason still lives at their condo) and if they actually have dinners together and therefore are relatively friendly or at least civil --- then that is all good. Maybe they'll find their way back to each other after all of this ---- but at the very least, it's the best for Brynn to have her parents not really fighting with each other and being in the same house. So if it's true, I think it's great. But you can't believe the rags anyway, so who knows? I just wish them all well!!!!
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

For the most part, I agree with Imperfect's take on this. If two divorcing parents get along in a civil manner but realize they can't remain married, I think that's a great thing for the kid, therefore is fine. The only part I have a slight problem with is that it's been established in the past that Bethenny DOES exploit that "I'm just like you, can't you relate to me" card with her audience in order to promote herself further. She is playing on the sympathies of her audience to build her talk show. I would also guess that with her talk show she's going to take a "You know i"m always honest with you audience, so you should listen to me" approach. Based on that, I'd say I hope her audience is wise enough to recognize that Bethenny has created a character for them to invest time and money in to, and that she's not presenting her authentic self to them.

I have not heard anything like that at all. Word here is that the divorce is eminate. If this were a plublicity stunt I have lost all respect for the Jason I knew. As far as betheny is concerned...wait who am I talking about again....she & her company no longer exist in my world.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread