+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

FORT Newbie

The Real Housewives of Miami

Now Bravo is shacking up in Miami with the latest Real Housewives installment.

A production source has confirmed to E! News that not only is this series actually happening, it's already shot and in the can! But before you lump it right in with its predecessors…

You should know that while the new show will be branded as a new Housewives series, it wasn't initially supposed to be. According to our production source, Real Housewives of Miami was "originally shot to be a different show, but they have decided to make it a part of the Housewives franchise." Thank heaven for that. Or else we would've been watching a show that was reportedly titled Miami Social Club. Not to be confused with the Bravo flop Miami Social.

Bravo played coy when asked about the new series. "We announced a show in development called Miami Social Club," a rep told E! News. "Beyond that, we have no further information."

So when is this sparkling gem of reality television coming to your TV listings? "We just finished shooting. It's all done," says our insider. The show is set to begin airing sometime between November and January.

And because this was supposed to be a stand-alone series about the Miami social scene and not another Housewives incarnation, we'll be getting less table flipping and extension pulling and a little more class. "It's going to be a tamer, sexier show," the insider tells us.

Hmm...Sexy we're all for. But tame is not precisely why millions of people tune into the Housewives series. No matter, there's a first time for everything.

While a list of a cast members bounced around the Internet earlier this year, our source confirms to us that of that list, Scottie Pippin's wife, Larsa, and former L.A. Laker/Miami Heat player Glen Rice's ex-wife, Christy, will both be on the show.

Other names in the mix? Art scene socialite Adriana Sidi, Venue Magazine editor Alexia Echeverria, public relations expert Marysol Patton, drag queen of South Beach Elaine Lancaster and charity planner Lea Black, wife of famous defense attorney Roy Black.
    From E!'s website.

Interesting! Hope it IS a Housewives show.

re: The Real Housewives of Miami

OK...speaking as a "real housewife of Miami" myself, having lived in Miami for 24 years (now I live in SoCal) and being a "housewife" for 13 of those years...I'll be very interested to see how "real" any of these housewives are. While living in Miami, I knew many, many housewives in that area over the 24 years I was there...so...we'll see!

FORT Fanatic

I too lived in the area 7 years, (Aventura) and know who the b-baller's wives are. Should be interesting, couldn't be worse than any of the others.

Question, why is the Beverly Hills section locked? I saw the Maloof sister on LKL, and he kept trying to interject she was on the show, but she said she couldn't comment. Then he asked her brothers about he being on the show and did they support her, and they said yes. Duh, doesn't that mean she's on? What happened to that show?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I'm excited about this one.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM;4073407;
    From E!'s website. . .You should know that while the new show will be branded as a new Housewives series, it wasn't initially supposed to be. According to our production source, Real Housewives of Miami was "originally shot to be a different show, but they have decided to make it a part of the Housewives franchise." Thank heaven for that. Or else we would've been watching a show that was reportedly titled Miami Social Club. Not to be confused with the Bravo flop Miami Social.
    I LIKED Miami Social! Anybody else remember it? I thought it was really interesting and fun - and was hoping they would bring it back for another season. Guess not, huh?

Confirmed. I have a friend who knows 2 of the girls on it. Should be interesting.
    It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept

Is this one really gonna be shown? I think the OC is next, and NY is in Feb ... so when do they start?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Bravo has been running 2 shows at a time this past year, so that may be what it'll do with the Miami incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4074112;
    Question, why is the Beverly Hills section locked? I saw the Maloof sister on LKL, and he kept trying to interject she was on the show, but she said she couldn't comment. Then he asked her brothers about he being on the show and did they support her, and they said yes. Duh, doesn't that mean she's on? What happened to that show?
    Just realized how old this thread is because as I am reading this I am thinking "what is chitex talking about as RHoBH is running on Bravo right now" ... then I looked at the date.

Yes, I would love to watch a RHof Miami!
    KAREN

It's a given that I'll be watching this Housewife show also but when I was checking it out on the net, I noticed one of the housewives named in the show is Elaine Lancaster. I had never heard of her, just like most of the Housewives so I googled her.
    Elaine isn't a her but rather a drag queen. Apparently he/she is quite the hostess to the who's who. But how does that make her/him a housewife?
    I have no idea if he is straight, gay, married or single. Article didn't say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast