+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

re: The Real Housewives of Miami

Buttafly: You're not alone. I liked it too. For the record, I think Scottie and his wife seem pretty happy and stable. Their children are adorable.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought there was supposed to be a transexual, too. Maybe "she" just hasn't made her way onto the film yet. The woman that resembles Sofia was on Andy Cohen after the first show, I think. Wan't she the one that walked the runway after the show, before the ladies left the building/tent?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No prhoshay - that was Adriana. The wild one that is engaged with a son from a previous marriage. Scottie's wife is the cutest one in my opinion if that helps you differentiate them. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link or not. http://www.eonline.com/photos/galler...ID=2921#110949
    Last edited by PGM35; 03-01-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added link

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As you can see....I don't know who's who yet, either!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    lol, i guess i am the only one that enjoyed the show.

i could've sworn i read here somewhere that this franchise was going to feature a tranny!??!?!? i spent the whole ep trying to fig out which one was really a she, and the mother was the only option, lol.
    Yes, supposedly a person named "Elaine Lancaster, a former drag queen" was going to be part of the cast. Maybe she comes on later.

Mainstream Crossdressing: The Real Housewives of Miami to feature Drag Queen Elaine Lancaster

I don't know if she/he is a transvestite, transexual or transgender and I'm not sure I know the difference between all those. I mean, I know that a man who dresses as a woman is called a transvestite but if they only do it "on stage" and not real life, are they still a transvestite or an "actor?"

I know that transgender involves hormone replacement and surgery but do you have to have "everything" changed or just some to be called that??

And is transexual the same as transgender? And what are you if you just feel you're in the wrong body but don't have surgery/hormones what are you then??
    Then there's "cross-dresser" and "drag queen."
    I'm confused.
    Guess I need a course on Modern Sexuality 101.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Sorry, Shay, but most were dark haired, so I have no idea which one? They all look like and sound like Sofia to me. I only saw the last 10 minutes of the show.
    This is the thing, OC are mostly blonde & I know who is who. I can't tell A from B here & then having a hard time understanding what is being said..this is too much work for me.
    OC is staring Sunday & I have Bethenny so I'm good.

These women are so annoying! Except for Lea, I loved that she called Andys show and called Kristy a hooker.
    Larsa bugs the hell out of me. Why doesn't she try taking care of her own kids instead of complaining that the nanny doesn't do a good enough job?
    Marysol's mother scares the crap out of me! She looks like the Joker from Batman. And Marysol needs to lay off the Botox too. It's practically oozing out of her pores and she can't move her upper lip at all. Gross!
    I'm glad the O.C. women start Sunday!

FORT Fanatic

Hi can we stop using the word transvestite? It's really super rude.

Also people are transgendered, not transexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    Hi can we stop using the word transvestite? It's really super rude.

Also people are transgendered, not transexuals.
    Like I expressed in my post above, I was uncertain of the various meaning and difference in these terms and your post, technikiss confused me even more so I decided to investigate.

I did read that cross-dresser is the preferred term but transvestite is a common and accurate description of the same type of behavior. I'm totally perplexed why trasvestite is now considered to be rude.

I also researched transgendered and transexual. Both are acceptable terminologies, similar in meaning but with some slight differences.

It does get confusing but I think that text-book terms, although inappropriate to some, may differ from societal usage and what is considered rude or inflamatory.

I'm still interested in knowing why transvestite is considered super rude.
    And has the word transexual evolved into the word transgender??
    Sometimes, people have no intention of being rude but may be unaware of certain connotations that evolved from words that used to be entirely acceptable. It definitely happens but I was unaware of it in this case.

FORT Fanatic

I suggest you do a little more research. It is sorta like why you don't call people Negros or Orientals anymore.

+ Reply to Thread