+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

Marriage licenses do expire without a ceremony. They had a ceremony, and they are married. Getting a divorce is not a little thing for anyone with assets. Perhaps they have a prenup. Perhaps she did not feel married because the prenup said she gets what she came in with. Or maybe husband was mentioning divorce before this. It just seems so strange that anyone would deny a marriage. When people get married at the JofP they say they got married at the JofP.

And she told Leah she was single so she could get Leah's help in selling her a couple of paintings? I would not blame Leah for not trusting her.
    Imperfect1 and sparklete like this.
    You can do it!

Giving her the benefit of the doubt and listening to what she said on the show (both stretches, I know), I think they had the civil ceremony first. I think in her mind, only the church ceremony counted. Between the civil ceremony and the church service he called it off. So while yes, they are technically married, I think in her mind they weren't. And if he called if off there may have been a period while even though they were technically married, they were basically acting broken up.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch much of Miami. I only tune in for bits and pieces - just enough to track the story lines. I find these women to be the most absurd of the entire franchise.

Every single one of them is about wealth and status. Closets and houses. I can't even wrap my brain around how much these things matter to them. It's just a different way of thinking / prioritizing that I don't understand.

Anyway, I find Adrianna to be the most absurd and offensive of the bunch on the heels of the story about here marriage....topped off with parties that celebrate "her" .... entering from a hot air balloon. Vile...if not a little looney-tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Giving her the benefit of the doubt and listening to what she said on the show (both stretches, I know), I think they had the civil ceremony first. I think in her mind, only the church ceremony counted. Between the civil ceremony and the church service he called it off. So while yes, they are technically married, I think in her mind they weren't. And if he called if off there may have been a period while even though they were technically married, they were basically acting broken up.
    I think in her mind she knew she had a marriage license, knew she used it in a legal manner to get married, and knew she was a married woman. But.... she didn't want anyone to know b/c there was a payoff for keeping it secret. She got money - and wow what a huge fundraiser - from Leah (sp?) Black, got lots of help with her struggling art business, got to attenuate her fakey storyline on Bravo about her "fear of marriage", and always the hope that Bravo would pay for a Brady Bunch style wedding like that hooker type woman on RHOC. Maybe she was hoping to follow in Bethanny Frankel's footsteps. She's weeping now that she was outed. Well, she can take that little vampire mouth sneer of hers and stuff it, according to her castmates. Looks like they aren't buying it.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Leah said that she was doing it so that she could get her dates.

Greediness or jadedness or both......I guess that could explain Adrianna. Leah is a little mean. Those comments about marrying to get a green card. She could have skipped that joke.
    You can do it!

Except that it might have been the truth !
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Except that it might have been the truth !
    Well, and the bank account!

These people seem to do what's expedient for the moment, never attempting to build a solid respectable or meaningful life. Money, sex, bling, notoriety. I see them as people with unwatered deserts in their heads.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

I guess I just don't get it. I mean who really cares if Adrianna was already married or not. Be happy she took that nutter butter off the streets so no other female has to suffer him.
    Prism likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nutter butter is right. He's also got very little hair, not at all attractive, etc. On the other hand, Adriana is extrewmely attractive, but one of the meanest and nastiest women I've ever seen.
    She got lots of help from Leah and she married that guy for his money and citizenship! She's a piece of work!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread