+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

It's weird...the only one of the Miami women who came out looking normal, sane, and empathetic is Lisa. I ended up rather liking her, unlike other overly botoxed/fillered blondes in the series as a whole (e.g., Alexis & Peggy from the OC, Taylor from BH). I really think they need to retire Miami, as I find it more sad than entertaining.

Lisa is rather likeable to me. Its sad she is a nice girl caught in a fake world. The husband seems more interested in her looks than how she feels. The woman wants a child so badly and her husband seems to be just a clueless twit as far as how much this is hurting her.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since men don't have babies, I guess it can be hard for them to really relate to what that frustration is like for a woman. I guess that's fair.

The best they can do is fret over the demonstrated pain and frustration that their significant others show.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Lisa is rather likeable to me. Its sad she is a nice girl caught in a fake world. The husband seems more interested in her looks than how she feels. The woman wants a child so badly and her husband seems to be just a clueless twit as far as how much this is hurting her.
    Lisa's husband, Dr. Lenny, was on the Bravo series "Miami Slice" in 2004 --- At that time he was still a bachelor, and he was looking for his 'perfect' Barbi doll woman -- and yes, his ideal woman had to be perfect, perfect, perfect! And in those days he didn't seem to be very sensitive to women's needs or feelings. But now, he seems to be really happy with Lisa, and he seems to love her a lot. I haven't noticed any indication of how 'sensitive' he is (or isn't) to her anguish about not being able to carry a baby to term, but I do remember that even in 2004, he seemed like he was very hopeful about marrying and having a family some day. So, I would imagine that it's more important to him than he's willing to show on tv -- and I also think he's probably getting a lot of pressure from his PARENTS to give them a grandchild. (Remember how arrogant and pushy his mother was on that one episode where she was so condescending to Lisa and making her feel terrible about herself.)

PS Before the season started, I was SO expecting to not like Lisa when I first saw the photos and read the PR about her -- but she is definitely my favorite of the Miami women and I think she is genuinely the nicest. Of course, given what most of the other women are like, that's not really saying very much!

Just saw the epi with Elsa and the red coffee truck... very cute and I think she's having fun. She could put out those outrageous chairs every day and get to know a few thousand people. If she did it for real I think it'd be popular!

Daughter, cannot remember her name, seemed embarassed about it, acted like she didn't know anything about the red truck. Very funny!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

It just started here. I cant look at Elsa, weired weird face
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It just started here. I cant look at Elsa, weired weird face
    The new season???? wow. I didn't know that. Gotta program my dvr.
    I hate these trashy women............but I watch. I'm pathetic.

Season 2 just ended in late Jan/early Feb........I have not seen anything about a Season 3 starting???

Do you have a link?

I saw nothing on Bravo's site about it?

Hmmmm.......
    KAREN

I think FM is in Canada - so maybe they are getting Season 2 a bit behind us?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I think FM is in Canada - so maybe they are getting Season 2 a bit behind us?
    Yes, this is season 2( sorry I should have said)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread