+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

I've come to realize that we see what we want to see. Deep down, we know things and play games with ourselves, some thinking that if we wish it away, it will disappear. Kind of like, if no one says it out loud then it really doesn't exist. It breaks my heart to see a woman do that to herself. It's really a drag when everybody "knows" except you.

Another thing that has always amazed me is how important it seems to be to people be the first person to tell something. I wish more people would adopt the "just stay out of it" line of thinking. I really prefer to let the person bring it up when their time is right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am not sure what business it is of theirs to tell her what her man is doing? The catty nature of these women kill me. I don't know one woman who wants to find out their man is cheating from a bunch of catty witches they know don't like them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like Adrianna more now after watching the episode replays. At first I thought she was bitchy. And the slapping I found intolerable. But she was trying to be polite. She never told Joanna to shut up. And smaller people do seem to have a little more physical fight on them.

Mean words came back to haunt the dentist. She wanted to show that she was brainy, but ended up showing that she was willing to be mean insulting her "competitors", and that she has botox for brains (boyfriend decisions). On the positive note, she was nice to some of the girls. And she is beautiful. I would like to see her be nice to all the girls.
    Last edited by Lizard; 12-20-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    You can do it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Tonight's finale of Miami was possibly the weirdest finale of a RHOwherever. For the most part, they all left Bimini on good terms and were *nice* to each other and had some positive resolution to their story lines. There's the Karent business still on the side, but she even was shown in a positive light with her parents. Given that Miami has a shorter season than other shows, I thought this was the "happy ending" to kibosh the show. But toward the end were scenes from the reunion that had everyone griping at each other...although that could have been done by the ladies to feign relevance and build interest.

Each day is the gift. Nice to see some peace.

Is Lea really as together as she appears? She seems to enjoy the drama. Why write a book about peoples secrets?
    You can do it!

Because people will buy it and give you money to play with??

I thought it was interesting that Karent ditched her boyfriend. I guess she just had to do it in her own time; it's a little embarrassing, but important that she came to reality and just did it. Some guys really just hope that you are stupid enough to believe that nothing but pearls fall from their lips. When you keep hearing reports of something happening over and over again, you really need to wise up and break away from that "cult mentality" that says "Believe Only Me! Believe Only Me!"

I fully expected Karent's dad to die during the episode last night. He really looks like he's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Does she not have any siblings? Sure doesn't look like it.

Joanna was smart to take a break from her boyfriend. He was trying to buy her with that necklace. She had him promise that he wouldn't mess around on her again, and he "promised" that he never would. She also seemed like she forced out the "I decided that I was in love with you when I was in Bimini, but it didn't sound like her heart was in it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I thought the best scene of the season was when Lea had Joanna and the surgeons wife come by to talk about being independent to strengthen a marriage. It made so much sense. It's obvious many women on the show put up with being treated badly because they don't want to give up the lives their men give them. Lea made the point that if you get that life on your own, you and your man both know you're together because you want to be. It made me like Lea a lot more that she'd take the time to give that encouragement.

I am always amazed at the women who don't seem to know that or have discovered it on their own. It's just sad.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I fully expected Karent's dad to die during the episode last night. He really looks like he's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Does she not have any siblings? Sure doesn't look like it.
    She mentioned in a previous episode that she had siblings (maybe 2?) who had gone off, gotten married, and had kids while she felt like she stayed behind to take care of her parents. So there are siblings, though I'm not sure how much I believe the rest of the statement.

"Housewife with a weiner " how do you spell that? I have never typed that before. LOL

Good thing Elaine was focusing on Marisol.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread