+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

I am just not that hung up on looks. Do I see them? Yes, I do, but I don't really dwell on it. I deal with the hand I've been dealt...not with what is going on with them. I was completely dumbfounded by a grocery store cashier who had to look at my ID for some reason (I must have been cashing a check at a store that I don't usually go to) and she looked at me, open-mouthed, and said "Omigod, we are the same age!" I remained silent and just looked at her, and got the heck out of there. Her husband and children were standing right there. It was obvious that we had lived different lives. I guess I'm just not big on being compared....by anyone. Do Not Dissect Me.

I've never said that kind of stuff out loud to anyone. Sorry I got off on a rant.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would have told everyone I knew that I wasn't hung up on looks or vain....I found out these last few years that I would have been wrong.
    I was once very good looking and as I have aged, I've watched that look start to degrade.....I didn't realize that I had defined myself by looks as much as I did.
    It also didn't help that my mother had convinced me that looks/appearance were everything. Without good looks, people equaled zero. I no longer believe that but I also am not interested in plastic surgery.

So I think I understand how desperate/crazy some of the women (Housewives) get about their looks, succumb to lots of plastic surgery, dress too young, etc. but I disagree with it.
    It's really a shame because they don't look younger...just different.
    I've also come to believe that Lea is the meanest of them all..........she applies the Teresa Guidice method of saying mean things and then laughing, saying it was a joke. hahahahahaha.
    Like Lea said to Marysol about her ex just wanting his green card and leaving her after the wedding.
    Just plain mean...but she meant it as a joke.....yeah, sure she did!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As the saying goes....Many a truth is said in jest.
    cavendish likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am just not that hung up on looks. Do I see them? Yes, I do, but I don't really dwell on it. I deal with the hand I've been dealt...not with what is going on with them. I was completely dumbfounded by a grocery store cashier who had to look at my ID for some reason (I must have been cashing a check at a store that I don't usually go to) and she looked at me, open-mouthed, and said "Omigod, we are the same age!" I remained silent and just looked at her, and got the heck out of there. Her husband and children were standing right there. It was obvious that we had lived different lives. I guess I'm just not big on being compared....by anyone. Do Not Dissect Me.

I've never said that kind of stuff out loud to anyone. Sorry I got off on a rant.
    It was not right prhoshay. She must have a lot of baggage to do something so negative. Her husband might not think he is so lucky to have such a sweet wife.

There have been maybe four or five times in my life when someone said some unsolicited offensive thing about my looks. I cannot easily forget even after a few decades. But I believe that those people really did that so much to just about anybody that they probably could hardly even remember what they said to me.

Lea--Yes. Dragonlady. I am finding Lea to be strangely mean. That comment about the green card.....disgusting
    You can do it!

Omg these are the most vacant women in the heads I swear. They may want to rent out the vacant space to pay for the Botox and labia surgeries they love so much. Just yuck!!

So you have proof your man is corresponding and making plans with another woman and you make him a meal?Wah? Hmm my DH knows he would be having his last meal and it may contain arsenic lol
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 10-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was only catching parts of that. She is feeding on being tortured? Teaching the next one what she will accept? Duplicating a childhood situation? Showing whet model low self esteem is? They are perfect at pushing each others buttons. To me Roman is hanging on her for star power.

The puncher chick should go to jail. There is something ill at ease with her.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Regular

Obvi much of this is ratings driven, but Adrianna comes across as a nasty, dissatisfied woman. Not sure exactly if it stems from a lack of fulfillment in her romantic life (with her passionless old fiancee), family, or professional life, but there is so much anger in her and it rears its ugly head in many of her interactions with the other women, esp. her hatred of Karent which is out of proportion to what would be expected.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I wonder why people do not comment on this thread as much of the other ones. It is hard to take the eyes away from a wreck. So I know people are watching Miami.

I had only watched parts (parts being the commercial for the episode). I can see that both Roman and Joanna both made mistakes. But the flirting and hurtful behavior of Roman, that is very unattractive.

Underwear--I get it celebrates youth and whimsicality. My best outfit award goes to Mamma Elsa's daughter for not begging for attention. I think all the flashing outfits attract men that are not very nice and might intimidate someone that would treat them well. IMHO

Girls gone wild guy--I did not know who he was from seeing just bits here and there. I was wondering why a man would be giving a report of who he had sex with at a party. I thought he must be some unemployed guy seeking crowd attention. So gross and creepy. He exploits ultra young women. If she did have sex with him when she was 19, I would not care. I hope they do not bring him back on the show. And Lea gets gross points for bringing him. Gross Lea....no standards for friends other than money.

Joanna's sister--I want one of her so I can order her around to do my stuff.

Karent--I missed shows so I am not sure why they are all so mad at her. I would say that if you are in Miami and get your botox from her, I would think of getting someone else.

Elaine--He was just being protective of Lea.

Other guy--Focus on the people that do give you attention. They need your attention.

Lisa's husband--like the phantom hand that will swoop in to stop Lisa's drama. Given the alcohol and what was going on, I do not think Lisa was that bad. I think something might be wrong if you want to get bombed though. Sometimes I can see the human-ness. I find vulnerability attractive. But what seems to happen most is that "bothered" people get drunk and behave in ways that ignore everyone else's feelings. Only an enabler would want to be around that. (I never have drank by the way. If that helps anyone see my logic.).

I want to see a nice wedding or something. Can they find a nice person on there to get married?
    You can do it!

I watched, this is like a train wreck for me. My comments:

This show has made me dislike Joanna. How she acted at the party was ridiculous to me. I understand you dont like fur, but say something to the lady in a calm manner, that would be taken better than b*^#$ing at her. And she was SO rude to her sister. She can support you as a sister, but she doesnt have to be just like you. Seemed to me that alcohol makes Joanna worse.

Joe Francis is such a sleazeball, and he shouldnt have said anything about being with the sisters, but Im not surprised he did say it. I understand Karent wanted to be a good friend, but she really is becoming like a tattle tale.

"that other guy" = Beau from Big Brother (cant remember what season), but I agree. Lea "ignored" you? big deal, her loss. Get over it.

Joe telling Adrianna no one deserves to be scratched, funny how she didnt mention she threw a punch at Joanna.

Marta needs to grow a spine. I like Lea's sense of humor, but thats about it. the other ladies Im still not sure about...
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

This RH group does draw fewer comments. Many of the other RHs have a little history with one another...lots of sniping, fights for superiority, undercutting one another, outing one another for past craziness, changing alliances. The RHs of Miami have to manufacture their relationships: they are required to hate one another without actually knowing one another.

Their personalities are not well developed for viewers, too shallow to care about analyzing. The one I find most strange is the black long-haired one with the vampire mouth. She claims to speak five languages, but seems she better cut back bragging to four, b/c her English is horrid.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread