+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

But why does Andy love Elsa? I'm not even seeing why anyone would put her on a show, much less call her the "break-out star" of it. I mean didn't it say that in one of the preview clips?

There must be something I"m missing.
    OceanView likes this.

cavendish, I'm missing it too. She gives me the willies...sorry if that sounds cruel but it's not her looks...it's her manner, her strangeness, and I can hardly figure out what she's saying....and that's just more work that I care to do while watching mindless trash.
    I want Simple mindless trash.
    Prism and OceanView like this.

I will cut Elsa some slack. I like that she cares about her daughter. ....hope she us ok healthwise.

Rich changes just full of stuff. The actor guy has a temporary life...hitting on all these women as if it is not going to come out. The other guy..the restaurant owner...dump him too. Gross
    You can do it!

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I don't care for Karent at all. Too sugary sweet!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    The reason I can;t get into the show is that it seems so empty. There's all this surface glitz and glamor, but it's so sparkly that you can't get underneath it.

At least that's my impression so far.

Elsa does seem sad, not amusing. But of all of them, she's the only one who seems the least bit real--- botched facelift and all.

Last season, she seemed so distorted that I couldn't watch scenes she was in-- but now despite seeming a bit demented and drugged up, she comes across as unpleasant but sort of fascinating.
    This is my first time watching Miami housewives. What the heck happened to Elsa's face? She mentioned a botched plastic surgery job.... what are the specifics of it? Did she sue? How long will she look like this? I can't stand listening to her... and all the hokus pokus she does. Not appealing to me at all. I don't like the dentist either. And her BF... the "star" is sooooo cheating on her.

Elsa has definitely grown on me.
    I watched WWHL last night and Marysol (her daughter), was on with Ana and the pretty blonde lady whose son was badly hurt in an accident.
    Andy di d one of his Mama Elsa tapes. It was priceless. And, then they did some game about what Mama Elsa would say. Marysol answered everything in her mom's voice. She was dead on in the impressions!
    I liked last night's episode a lot better than last week's. Not so much fighting, though I do think that Karent needs to get over herself!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm in agreement regarding these ladies....all the other Housewives are rather vapid but on the scale, I find these at the bottom.
    not sure I'll continue.
    Have a feeling the dentist Housewife has some reality to face about her boyfriend, The Text-er. ...don't people (like him) realize how easily that can be proven?
    Or maybe they do realize and don't care. Apparently, there are a lot of beautiful women in Miami ready and willing to accept past scoundrels into a romantic relationship.
    Mrs. Plastic, married to Dr. Plastic really needs to stop getting things done to her face. She's already crossed over into that strange/odd appearance that says Too Much.
    norealityhere likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These people are hard to understand but, like most people, the more you listen the more you are able to understand. I thought that Marysol was hilarious impersonating her mother's speech!! I guess if you've been with a person all of your life, you just should be good at imitating their speech patterns!

The resemblance between Marisol and her mother is amazing. Wonder if her face will do what her mother's has done, when she's older? I think it's going to be scary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was wondering the same thing about Marysol. She already has a botched nosejob (one that in my opinion turns her nose into a shapeless piece of cartilage floating near her face). The only thing that makes Elsa interesting is that she seems to represent all the depression, bitterness, world-weariness, ugliness that's repressed and denied by every other housewife show that's ever been.

It's like the ugly unconscious of the shows. It kind of reminds me of the Picture of Dorian Gray-- the more beatified and fake the others become, the deformed and despairing Mama Elsa becomes.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I really like Marysol. She seems incredibly kind.
    I don't find her face nearly as strange looking as Lisa - the Doctor's wife - her face is totally scary, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread