+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

Re: The Real Housewives of Miami

I can't get into Miami either, although I'll try because I have to watch all Real Housewives. Unlike Andy, I don't get the appeal of Elsa. I don't think that's all that funny; she's kind of mean and obviously either a drunk or a pill-popper. In short, she's not Josh's grandmother on Million Dollar Listing, who really is adorable. Just because someone is old and opinionated doesn't mean they should get a following.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

The reason I can;t get into the show is that it seems so empty. There's all this surface glitz and glamor, but it's so sparkly that you can't get underneath it.

At least that's my impression so far.

Elsa does seem sad, not amusing. But of all of them, she's the only one who seems the least bit real--- botched facelift and all.

Last season, she seemed so distorted that I couldn't watch scenes she was in-- but now despite seeming a bit demented and drugged up, she comes across as unpleasant but sort of fascinating.

So I did not get into the FIRST season at all so I am going to try this season because I do love a good trainwreck like all the RH's shows seem to be

Anyway, OMG ELSA I feel terrible for that poor woman her face who the HECK screwed that UP I am sorry but I had the hardest time watching her and she was on ALLOT for someone that is not one of the HW's .

I am going to continue to watch it or try to.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Thanks, my friend!

As far as Elsa and the Dr. who ruined her face.... She referenced it last season, too. Obviously, it looks like surgery gone seriously wrong. It kind of looks like Bruce Jenner's face after surgery, actually. I think Elsa has probably gone to see other DR's about correcting it and they probably told her they cannot. A shame...

The woman married to the plastic surgeon actually reminds me of Jenna Jameson.
    Jenna was a very pretty woman before she went plastic surgery crazy. THis woman may have been very pretty too, but went nutso with plastic surgery.
    You're very welcome.

As for Ella's face, I keep thinking about Priscilla Presley...because of the puffiness...and the puffiness seems to sorta undulate..fat here...sunk in there...etc etc. To me, it must have been something injected into the face skin...cheeks??? .... maybe it leaked...or I don't know what!! Just kind of scary.

I do feel sorry for her and for all the women who can't seem to stop....one of them was pointing to her forehead, telling Doctor Plastic, the husband, that she desperately needed Botox for something I couldn't see on my huge HD huge tv!!
    I have to think all these women just seem to become plastic surgery junkies and a lot of booze and pills helps them forget that they are fighting a losing battle.....I also think a lot feel they need to stay completely beautiful and perfect to keep their husband$$....Guess it just shows others priorities.all I seem to see is that they may look beautiful, (for awhile) have fabulous houses, designer clothes, etc but the struggle they have to stay thin, beautiful, young and everything their husband wants them to be must not be fun and a whole heck of a lot of work and I'm pretty sure I would have hopped off the merry go round.
    norealityhere likes this.

Having a lot of plastic surgery also becomes like a group norm. Everyone that you know is having it, so it becomes much more acceptable, or even desirable to keep up with your friends, or do what your friends are doing. It's not something that you do in isolation and hope no one notices. It becomes like an initiation rite or a part of being in your cohort.

Mostly it seems to make you look younger, but if you think you'll lose your husband if you don't do it, it must be awful. But I"m not even sure that's it-- I think most people do it, because they feel better about themselves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    The reason I can;t get into the show is that it seems so empty. There's all this surface glitz and glamor, but it's so sparkly that you can't get underneath it.

At least that's my impression so far.
    Ok. I watched the premier, and I think you hit the nail on the head for me. I'm sure they are all very smart and accomplished in their own ways, but they don't seem like they are from this planet. The wealth, the plastic surgery, etc. makes them seem like they are on another planet and not at all relatable.

At least with the other shows with wives who have wealth, e.g. Beverly Hills and NYC, there is a balance of less well-off and more well-off. And, for whatever reason, the plastic surgeries are either less frequent or better done. Adrienne from BH could fit in to the Miami scene but none of the others would.

Seems like everyone here on FORT has these Miami wives pretty much figured out. I can't help but feel sorry for them and their lifestyle. It can't be easy to constantly feel the need to keep up with all their friends, w/money, looks, wealth, toys, clothes and on and on and on. Probably can't eat very much either.
    No wonder everyone drinks that wine so much!
    I should add that altho I feel sorry for them ...it's still a path that they've chosen to follow because of what they want in their life.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must be really boring, because I've never been one of those "I-want-to-be-like-the-rest-of-the girls," women.

Guess my TV call won't be coming anytime soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    So I did not get into the FIRST season at all so I am going to try this season because I do love a good trainwreck like all the RH's shows seem to be

Anyway, OMG ELSA I feel terrible for that poor woman her face who the HECK screwed that UP I am sorry but I had the hardest time watching her and she was on ALLOT for someone that is not one of the HW's .

I am going to continue to watch it or try to.
    That Elsa woman, OMG she should not be on national television. She's so hard to look at, I pity her and despise her stupidity... at the same time. And it's annoying that Andy & Co. put her out there - she doesn't have the brains to stay away from the camera. In earlier times she would have been offered a job in the circus as the fantastic deformed blob-face woman from the swamplands of Florida. Even if she found a surgeon to correct the disaster, she's in poor health and no longer a good candidate for surgery of that nature. I do wish she'd back away from the cameras.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

What is wrong with Elsa??
    I understand the strange face....but is she always drunk? or just totally befuddled.....beginnings of senility?
    And she seems to have trouble moving too....am curious.
    Wow! Wonder what they pay that maid to get such devotion an extra care.

+ Reply to Thread