+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

re: The Real Housewives of Miami

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Marysol's mouth looks like she got into a fight and got smacked in the mouth, repeatedly, and didn't put ice on it.
    OMG, LOL , love this !!!

at bravo.com.... if you go to the photo section and then to the photos of Marysol before she was a housewife.... there is a picture of her and her mother - before the crazy surgeries. it's photo 4 out of 5. i just don't understand why she would have done all the surgeries..... i think she was a pretty woman in that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by marciadale View Post
    at bravo.com.... if you go to the photo section and then to the photos of Marysol before she was a housewife.... there is a picture of her and her mother - before the crazy surgeries. it's photo 4 out of 5. i just don't understand why she would have done all the surgeries..... i think she was a pretty woman in that photo.
    Wow! thanks for that. I will never ever understand why these women do what they do to their faces!!!
    They all looked wonderful in their pre-tv-housewife days.......every single one of them!! I was particularly shocked at Alexia.
    They look so freakin' odd now.

lol!

as i understand it, a transvestite just likes dressing in women's clothes. and i think a transexual and a transgender are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Yes, supposedly a person named "Elaine Lancaster, a former drag queen" was going to be part of the cast. Maybe she comes on later.

Mainstream Crossdressing: The Real Housewives of Miami to feature Drag Queen Elaine Lancaster

I don't know if she/he is a transvestite, transexual or transgender and I'm not sure I know the difference between all those. I mean, I know that a man who dresses as a woman is called a transvestite but if they only do it "on stage" and not real life, are they still a transvestite or an "actor?"

I know that transgender involves hormone replacement and surgery but do you have to have "everything" changed or just some to be called that??

And is transexual the same as transgender? And what are you if you just feel you're in the wrong body but don't have surgery/hormones what are you then??
    Then there's "cross-dresser" and "drag queen."
    I'm confused.
    Guess I need a course on Modern Sexuality 101.

perhaps it's a regional thing, but i spend a lot of time in those circles and i've never heard anyone say that it's a rude term.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    I suggest you do a little more research. It is sorta like why you don't call people Negros or Orientals anymore.

she is very scary looking!!!!!!!!!!! it's almost unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The mother, on this series, is about a scary-looking soul. The only part of her face that moves is her mouth, and the upper part of her face is lopsided and frozen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Her face, rather, reminds me of The Cowardly Lion in the original Wizard of Oz, only he looked better. He was more endearing, not scary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    lol!

as i understand it, a transvestite just likes dressing in women's clothes. and i think a transexual and a transgender are the same thing.
    Yes, a Transvestite is a man who likes to dress in womens clothes. But, a Transexual or a Transgender has to do with gender identity....as in a person who is a woman or a man, but they are not in the body they should be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915 View Post
    Yes, a Transvestite is a man who likes to dress in womens clothes. But, a Transexual or a Transgender has to do with gender identity....as in a person who is a woman or a man, but they are not in the body they should be in.
    Thanks to all who verified my understanding of a transvestite. I just didn't understand why that one poster thought it was a rude term.

I love all the Housewife shows and due to having a real life, I DVR all of them. Normally, I watch them ASAP because I can't wait to see what all happens. I've noticed with the Miami bunch that I'm just not in a hurry to see them. Days can go by before I watch.
    Anyway, I finally watched the last episode of Miami today. As I'm getting to know them better, I'm enjoying it more, but still not like the other housewives.
    Just a few thoughts I had:
    -Lea seems to be a serious and smart woman. Although when the "ladies" were talking about her gala the day after, she mentioned that she doesn't drink. Then when the "ladies" all got together for a lunch date, she seemed to be swirling and drinking her glass of wine. I've noticed lately a lot of people tend to act like drinking wine is not actually drinking.

- Alexia: I liked how she talked to her son and seems to have the right idea about money issues with him. I'm just not sure that she follows through with those ideas. She voiced disapproval of him spending money on a ring for his girlfriend but I didn't notice any other repercussions for the deed.

- Adriana is a spoiled little girl, who thinks everything and everyone should revolve around her. A "good" gallery owner, which she claims to be, would not wait until the day before a showing to see how far along her artist is with his finished works. That's a little late if they're behind schedule. But does make for good TV. Having that other artist do his little thing on the floor was tacky and in poor taste. She just wanted to get back at her artist but that's not how to conduct business.
    And anyone who's that late to arranged dates, should arrive to find no one has waited for her. They're just enabling her bad behavior.

- Christy: she reminds me of the nasty popular girl in high school. She actually still acts like the nasty popular girl in high school when she should be mature enough to act her age. Not surprising that her ex husband beat up a guy he found in her closet, prior to their divorce. She's also been implicated in the breakup of another Latin celeb couple's marriage.

- Marysol seems pretty nice but wow! what a crazy, wine-slinging mother!

- Larsa Pippen - buys a new car for her brother who just turned 16, even though he has very little practice driving a car and laughs about it. Why not just buy him a loaded gun???

And I wonder why I'm not really into watching these train-wrecks???

I'm not sure what week we're into with the episodes of the Miami women, however I've watched all of them and I still find it difficult to find anything about them that captures my attention.
    But that's just my personal viewpoint - I hope for the sake of the fans that do like this show that it doesn't get cancelled right out of the starting gate.

+ Reply to Thread