+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Miami

re: The Real Housewives of Miami

The fundraiser lady, dunno her name, did an outstanding job. I missed how much $$$ she raised, but it must have been a lot. If she's on the level, not gaming the fundraiser, she's awesome! I do think she's on the level, and far as I can remember, the first RH to pull off a significant fundraiser.

I'm so happy to see that!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I like Lea. I agree that she did a great job on the fundraising. I could have done, however, without Joe Francis and some of the other slimeballs she got to contribute $$!
    I'm not sure if I can get into these HW's.
    I can't stand Christy or Larsa. Still on the fence with the blonde one, Alexia? - can we say she married for money?? Yikes, that hubby doesn't have much beyond $$ going for him....
    The one with the big lips seems Ok, though it's hard to look at her and her mom.
    I actually think I like Adriana.
    Christy's "chef" was beyond annoying. I can see how he hooked up with her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I like Lea. I agree that she did a great job on the fundraising. I could have done, however, without Joe Francis and some of the other slimeballs she got to contribute $$!
    I'm not sure if I can get into these HW's.
    I can't stand Christy or Larsa. Still on the fence with the blonde one, Alexia? - can we say she married for money?? Yikes, that hubby doesn't have much beyond $$ going for him....
    The one with the big lips seems Ok, though it's hard to look at her and her mom.
    I actually think I like Adriana.
    Christy's "chef" was beyond annoying. I can see how he hooked up with her.
    I'm in agreement with you likes/dislikes. And even though I adore Lea, what is up with her hair?????????

I didn't think it was possible for me not to like any Real Housewife series. I was content and accepting that OTT trash shows were my guilty pleasure and I wasn't too proud to admit it.

But..........I'm just not enjoying the Miami women....for many reasons. My daughter tells me that it's probably because it was filmed as Miami Social and not as a Housewife series so they didn't follow the regular formula and therefore, didn't produce the same reaction.
    I'm not sure what it is but it's the only one I don't have any anticipation for the next installment. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk View Post
    I'm in agreement with you likes/dislikes. And even though I adore Lea, what is up with her hair?????????
    I know what you mean!!
    I guess it showed how hard she was working. Didn't she say she worked from 6Am - 2Am? Looks like she didn't take any time out for haircare. But, I think that's what I really like about her. She seems very comfortable in her skin - very unlike the others who look like they primp all day!

DragonLady, What is Miami Social? I never heard of that.
    But, I do agree that this series is not must see TV for me like some of the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    DragonLady, What is Miami Social? I never heard of that.
    Miami Social was a reality television program on the Bravo network. Miami Social chronicled the lives of seven friends as they lived, worked, and socialized in South Beach, Miami. They all met weekly for cocktails at the Gansevoort Hotel to catch up with each others' busy lives.
    It was a little-watched show and Bravo then decided to turn the second season into a Real Housewives franchise, hoping ratings would improve.
    When it was Miami Social, the transvestite, Elaine Lancaster was to be prominetly featured. For whatever reason, his/her appearances are now relegated to mostly filler or in the background.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Miami Social was a reality television program on the Bravo network. Miami Social chronicled the lives of seven friends as they lived, worked, and socialized in South Beach, Miami. They all met weekly for cocktails at the Gansevoort Hotel to catch up with each others' busy lives.
    It was a little-watched show and Bravo then decided to turn the second season into a Real Housewives franchise, hoping ratings would improve.
    When it was Miami Social, the transvestite, Elaine Lancaster was to be prominetly featured. For whatever reason, his/her appearances are now relegated to mostly filler or in the background.
    I watched Miami Social. It was some what interesting. It had a guy that was on Big Brother.

Have you noticed on the stage and next to Lea allot of the time at the fundraiser there was a transvestite next to her?? Not sure if it is the mysterious Elaine Lancaster or not.

I am still on the fence with this group. I will watch a couple more episodes. Usually they reel me right in.

Good thing is Orange County starts tonight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by srwiner View Post
    Have you noticed on the stage and next to Lea allot of the time at the fundraiser there was a transvestite next to her?? Not sure if it is the mysterious Elaine Lancaster or not.

I am still on the fence with this group. I will watch a couple more episodes. Usually they reel me right in.
    I've read online that it was Elaine Lancaster but I hardly noticed her.
    I feel the same as you about not being hooked immediately. Not sure if it's these women or I'm on Housewife overload. Although I doubt it's overload since I happily eat up all the rest of the housewives.

Here's good news for anyone who loves any or all of the Real Housewives - looks like San Francisco will be next:
    'The Real Housewives of San Francisco' Issues... | Gather

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Here's good news for anyone who loves any or all of the Real Housewives - looks like San Francisco will be next:
    'The Real Housewives of San Francisco' Issues... | Gather
    Very interesting choice for an RH franchise. I for one, would welcome more interesting ladies with less money --- but I'm probably one of the very few.

+ Reply to Thread