+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46868788899091929394959697 LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

"Bethenny Ever After" premiers on 2/28.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I see that she's travelling around the country on a gigantic tour bus (why?) to make appearances promoting her brand. I would think someone who encourages an organic lifestyle would have a little more respect for the environment.

Well, I think her attempt at helping the environment will be to have the tour bus occupants use giant buckets ( kind of like she used on her wedding day) which can then be dumped into the earth along the tour. It will then serve to fertilize the soil all over the nation, obviating the need for fertilizer anywhere.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4156849;
    I see that she's travelling around the country on a gigantic tour bus (why?) to make appearances promoting her brand. I would think someone who encourages an organic lifestyle would have a little more respect for the environment.
    So, are you suggesting that she should tour on a bicycle? With her husband and baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4157585;
    So, are you suggesting that she should tour on a bicycle? With her husband and baby?
    I'm not but have you seen her tour bus? If it's just herself, Jason and the baby there really is no need to tour like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4157613;
    I'm not but have you seen her tour bus? If it's just herself, Jason and the baby there really is no need to tour like this.
    Most likely it ISN'T just Bethenny, Jason and the baby, because like most other celebrities, Bethenny probably has a staff of people that she employs and supports. And in addition to her own tv shows, she has several full time businesses. It takes a number of people to keep those business running and some of them probably have to travel with her.

But even if it WERE just Bethenny alone --- airplanes are much, much less green than ground vehicles, and trains (assuming they're green --- I really have no idea if they are) --- are completely impractical for a celebrity tour with a baby. So a tour bus or a camper would seem to be a reasonable option --- and why is that so terrible?

I guess what I'm really saying is that it hurts me to hear someone making a not-so-nice comment about something that's really not a bad thing, especially when that person is making more of an effort than most of us to show respect for the environment in other ways --- like the fact that she eats extremely healthily (and frugally), and has made a business out teaching others how to be able to do the same thing. I wish we could save our complaints for the truly 'bad' people in the world who do really bad things.

I stand by my original comments. Sorry if you were offended.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Hey, Bunny - Maybe Bethenny's tour bus runs on used vegetable oil like Willie Nelson's. All you need for that is a diesel engine.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4157864;
    I stand by my original comments. Sorry if you were offended.
    I'm not offended, but I am confused.

As has been mentioned, a tour bus is certainly greener than an airplane, and makes more sense logistically as well. And obviously it can't just be Bethenny, Jason, and baby because there's a camera crew, or else none of us would have been able to see it.

I just wonder what you think the alternative would be.

To answer your question, Imperfect1, trains are greener not because the train itself is greener but because if you have 80 people on a train, that's 80 people who aren't using their cars, and the train creates less pollution than the 80 cars. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4157801;
    Most likely it ISN'T just Bethenny, Jason and the baby, because like most other celebrities, Bethenny probably has a staff of people that she employs and supports. And in addition to her own tv shows, she has several full time businesses. It takes a number of people to keep those business running and some of them probably have to travel with her.

But even if it WERE just Bethenny alone --- airplanes are much, much less green than ground vehicles, and trains (assuming they're green --- I really have no idea if they are) --- are completely impractical for a celebrity tour with a baby. So a tour bus or a camper would seem to be a reasonable option --- and why is that so terrible?

I guess what I'm really saying is that it hurts me to hear someone making a not-so-nice comment about something that's really not a bad thing, especially when that person is making more of an effort than most of us to show respect for the environment in other ways --- like the fact that she eats extremely healthily (and frugally), and has made a business out teaching others how to be able to do the same thing. I wish we could save our complaints for the truly 'bad' people in the world who do really bad things.
    I'm just curious how eating "extremely healthy and frugally" is showing respect for the environment...unless you mean you might look more attractive (as some would say about thin people) hence enhancing the "attractiveness" found in the environment.

+ Reply to Thread