+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4052824;
    I also frankly don't think he ever was comfortable around Bethenny's gay friends, even before that nasty bitch basically called him deformed and a waste of space. I forget his name. Some designer. Max was trying to be polite but this person was just plain rude, fancy rude and in between rude.
    Robert Verdi!!! Yes, he was exceptionally rude to Max. Making just one comment might have been bitchy, but humerous --- but he went on and on. Wonder why. . .

FORT Fogey

I thought Robert was funny. Max is probably used to that treatment.

I remember Robert Verdi from way back when he was on the Design by Surprise show. Most recently, he was on She's Got the Look. He came across as having a sharp wit that could be acerbic.
    On BGM, he just came across as a bitter old queen. Totally uncalled for, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4053038;
    I remember Robert Verdi from way back when he was on the Design by Surprise show. Most recently, he was on She's Got the Look. He came across as having a sharp wit that could be acerbic.
    I've always loved him, what with his being a Jersey boy but mostly because he was clever without being mean. It was jarring to see his scene with Max. He's more like his old self on She's Got the Look.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Max said something mean about gay people.

That's it! He's so different looking he sticks in your mind. He reminded me of a bitter, maybe growing alittle older guy who makes sarcastic cuts at someone of lesser stature (no pun intended) thinking it's showing a sharp wit. I agree, he comes off as a bitter old queen. Too bad. And it was uncomfortable to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4053680;
    That would not surprise me.

FORT Fogey

A long time ago there was a show set in NY which had this model hunk who gave out life style advice while being trailed around by his mother and sister. I can't for the life of me remember the name. Anyway, the young aspiring model hunk met Robert Verdi at Fashion Week back stage and somewhat awkwardly greeted him and forgot the name of his show. Robert Verdi was very cutting at the time and in an interstitial as well.

Funny the things you remember. Does anyone remember that show?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4053680;
    That seems highly unlikely for several reasons:

A. They didn't show it. (I think we all know by now that Bravo will show a woman peeing on a stick on a toliet, so they would certainly not hesitate to show Max saying something nasty!!)

B. Bethenny wouldn't have put up with it. She would have fired Max immediately.

C. If Max has an issue with gay people, he certainly wouldn't be working for Bethenny who is friends with and employs a plethora of gay folks.

With absolutely no evidence to back this up, I'm guessing Robert's issue was that maybe Max reminded him of some jock in high school that used to bully him (Robert).

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it...

FORT Fogey

I dunno, he's...I dunno...I get this vibe from him that he only puts up with the gays reluctantly to keep his job. I mean I don't fault him for it, but his friendship for the gay folk to me is about the same as Jumpin' Juicy Joey Giudice (RHONJ) - suspect.

+ Reply to Thread