+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40808182838485868788899091929394959697 LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4043798;
    There was a short segment last night on CNN about Bethenny's post baby weight loss.
    Her advice for losing the baby weight...taste everything but eat nothing! GREAT advice to give women who are fighting with weight issues. My like for her has taken a nosedive quicker than she lost her baby weight.
    So...is she encouraging anorexia or is she encouraging eating and then barfing? Sounds VERY healthy! NOT!! I know having battled weight all my life, that if I taste it...I want to eat it. Not sure how she doesn't eat it after tasting it. For someone who is making money off of supposedly healthy eating, she is not setting a very good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4043804;
    So...is she encouraging anorexia or is she encouraging eating and then barfing? Sounds VERY healthy! NOT!! I know having battled weight all my life, that if I taste it...I want to eat it. Not sure how she doesn't eat it after tasting it. For someone who is making money off of supposedly healthy eating, she is not setting a very good example.
    I honestly don't know if she was being scartastic(sp?) or not. I really didn't get what she was trying to say. I realize that Bryn was a month & a half early so Bethenny didn't gain as much baby weight as she could have.

Not a good message to put out there. I struggle to gain weight & constantly get told to eat something. I do eat but I eat healthy. I am not Rachel Zoe skinny.

FORT Fogey

I'm not surprised considering her advice in her book, Naturally Thin, is a handbook on how to have an eating disorder. Suggestions for watching what you eat at a restaurant? Go ahead and order that steak, but only take three bites. Want a bagel, pull out all the bread and eat the crust. Who pays for that kind of advice? Her daily menu is a starvation diet.

FORT Fogey

Actually, that's pretty much the diet advice you'll get anywhere.... to control your portions. Take home half of whatever you order at a restaurant. Take off the bun when you get a hamburger - or scoop out some of the bread in a bagel - you still get the nutrients and the satisfaction of a bagel without the extra carbs. It's pretty standard.

I don't understand what she means by "taste everything but eat nothing," and since none of us here can know for sure, I'm going to hold off on judgment unless it can be better explained.

FORT Fogey

Actually, that's pretty much the diet advice you'll get anywhere.... to control your portions.
    Yes, control your portions. Not starve yourself. Who can afford to order a steak and eat three bites. What do you do with the rest? Eating crust is not portioning your food. Her book is full of contradictions and very bad advice.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure the book doesn't say "Eat EXACTLY three bites and then throw it out" or tell you to pour your wine over it like Jill's did. A serving of meat should be the size of a deck of cards - you can look that up, it's everywhere if you don't believe me - for some people, that's three bites. For me it's more like six. Whatever. In fact, the book tells you to divide one meal into several meals. Any diet will tell you that when you eat out you should take half home for lunch the next day.

Lots of people scoop out the bread of their bagel. The bread is filling but has no real nutritional value. If you scoop out some of the bread, you can use the calories you've "saved" on putting things like cream cheese, butter, jam, peanut butter, whatever, on it. It's a pretty classic New York trick.

FORT Fogey

No, she literally says three bites. And, not just once, but repeats it many times. I see if I can dig up a daily menu because it's ridiculous.

FORT Fogey

Well that's a shame, because I looked at the central ideas of her diet, and they were all good. I can only hope she, as usual, exaggerated and didn't realize it would be taken so literally.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4043844;
    Well that's a shame, because I looked at the central ideas of her diet, and they were all good. I can only hope she, as usual, exaggerated and didn't realize it would be taken so literally.
    If she's writing a diet and nutrion book, then she should be literal. I really hope her weight paranoia isn't passed on to Brynn. Even Jason makes comments about women "letting themselves go" after childbirth. That was a running theme from both of them throuout her entire show. She even recently tweeted that a "huge" man on the train recognizrd her and said hello and lamented that as "just her luck". These are the people that she's trying to sell her book to.

FORT Fogey

I saw that thing about the huge man. She said he was drinking a beer and he should have Skinny Girl margarita. Then she tried to backtrack by saying he was muscular, not fat. I also don't believe she gained 35 pounds while pregnant. She is absolutely lying about that. And THAT is my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread