+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

He said he didn't like color in bouquet because it competes with the dress.

I did think Bethenny was being rude to the wedding planner but then I started getting annoyed by how he would say 'I don't like that' when she would mention what she wanted. If I had a wedding planner saying 'I don't like that idea' for my wedding I would probably react the same way as Bethenny. It's her wedding not his and I realize that part of their job to make sure the brides have a great wedding but her ideas were not that bad (I've seen worse ideas on David Tetura's(sp?) show from his brides).

As far as her speaking engagement, again she was slightly rude BUT she has mentioned several times that she doesn't feel comfortable in social settings when she doesn't know people, Max was not being much of an assistant, and I was getting claustrophobic watching all the people that kept approaching Bethenny. So I don't blame her and would probably act like she did too.

Hm, apparently I'm a lot like Bethenny.

The whole calling Jason an idiot I think was in jest. I think it's her way of joking around. He didn't seem very upset and even laughed at her. As long as he knows she was kidding and knows that is her sense of humor I don't see the big deal. At least she stopped calling him 'baby' every 5 seconds.....God that is nauseating.

I totally understand how Bethany feels in social settings. I'm just like that, unfortunately. I finally looked it up online and it's a type of social phobia--- we feel like everyone's looking at us, judging us in a way. It's just very uncomfortable. I'm fine once I get somewhere, greet people and find somewhere to sit and talk, but if I'm just out among people I'm super uncomfortable. If a camera was pointed at me I can't imagine the stress! I'm not a weirdo, just not very comfortable out in social settings. All my life I"ve had people tell me they thought I was 'stuck up' until they got to know me and found me fun. Wish I knew how to get over it! But honestly, in watching Bethany I recognized how I would be feeling. I don't think she was playing the diva.

Stcroix, from people thinking I'm stuck up to the feeling people are judging you, I could have written that word for word. If its any consolation, I don't think you are weird. :-)

I'm recording and watching this show because my friend Chuck is on it. You may recall that he was the friend that showed up before her housewarming party and commented that he thought Max must be gay because what straight man would work for Bethenny.

They were both contenders on Martha Stewart's "The Apprentice" many years ago.

I have no inside scoop and will only be told when he is on an episode that is about to air. He decorated Bryn's nursery and I can't wait to see what that looks like. He was also a guest at her wedding where security was very tight (no cellphones or cameras) allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3941677;
    Stcroix, from people thinking I'm stuck up to the feeling people are judging you, I could have written that word for word. If its any consolation, I don't think you are weird. :-)
    Thank you Hobbes!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3939949;
    She has 2 books to write/edit, wedding to plan, 2 or 3 businesses to run, new assistant to train, in laws to meet and entertain, all on top of a pregnancy with complications. Her hormones are whacked out due to the pregnancy, not to mention other life issues and it was during this time that her former bff was vile to her in the press.
    Not to mention filming TWO tv shows and making special appearances at various events and on misc. other tv shows. Busy, busy lady!

Max hasn't been shown to be the super-duper assistant he claimed he'd be. . . but I think he's got lots of potential, and with Bethenny's training I think he'll be great for her. He seems to be comfortable with everyone too, which is a great boon for Bethenny cause she needs that.

The wedding planner, on the other hand, what a prig! It's Bethenny's wedding, not his!!! I can appreciate the difficulty of planning her wedding in 4 weeks, but that aside, he doesn't have to be as negative and insulting as he is. I'd have gotten rid of him!

I love the scenes with the psychiatrist. I am so happy Bethenny is willing to share her personal feelings with the audience (very brave of her, and very open). It lets us understand her so much better, and I am very sympathetic to her childhood. No, it may not have been the worst childhood in the world, but any time a little child feels genuinely unloved and unwelcome in the world, it's very painful, and causes many repercussions later in life.

All in all, I'm loving the show and loving the chance to see more of Bethenny and a bit of her personal life.

FORT Fogey

I'm sure the contrariness of the planner was edited. If the guy was really all that bad, he wouldn't have a job. Bethenny can afford to hire the best, and she hired Mr. Contrary? No. It was just to add interest to an uninteresting wedding. I don't know why a knocked up 40-year old needs a wedding like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3943923;
    I'm sure the contrariness of the planner was edited. If the guy was really all that bad, he wouldn't have a job. Bethenny can afford to hire the best, and she hired Mr. Contrary? No. It was just to add interest to an uninteresting wedding. I don't know why a knocked up 40-year old needs a wedding like that anyway.
    Okay, I'll bite. Why do you think she doesn't deserve a wedding at 40 while pregnant? How is she not anymore deserving than a 30 year old?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3943923;
    I was thinking quite the same thing, especially with the traditional bridal gown, but maybe she didn't have a fancy wedding the first time. Jason seems to be a nice guy who pretty much goes along with what she wants. I don't watch RHoNY, so if anyone feels like answering this: How did they meet, fall in love, what's his story, etc.?

+ Reply to Thread