+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethenny Getting Married?

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

I'm talking about the time not on camera, over the summer when they broke up.

So if it wasn't on camera, what leads you to believe that B dropped J like a hot potato?

FORT Fogey

From what I gleaned in their conversations on camera and at the reunion.

FORT Fogey

Jill's clamoring for Bethenny's friendship, once they broke up, was not about Jill feeling badly about anything she said or did. Jill feels very justified for being mad at being dropped. Jill was only crying in the end because Bethenny was finally a popular girl on her own and didn't need Jill to get her into places or be with the money people. Whatever groveling Jill has done she has done to be at the cool kid's table because hers isn't cool anymore. Jill is not sorry for anything she did with regards to Bethenny, even if she says she is.

Let's get back on topic here and stop sniping at each other
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4040265;
    When they moved to Tribeca, I believe they were moving from her place to 'their' place. I assumed that Jason gave up his apartment. In the last episode, it was made pretty clear tht they were renting in Tribeca and would have to move soon because the landlord was showing the apartment to perspective buyers. And Bethenny said that they could not be asked to leave while she was pregnant, but that they would probably have to move after the baby was born (if the apartment was actually sold, of course).
    Why on earth would someone with a child, a stable income, and a husband, rent an apartment month-to-month, without a lease of at least a year, more likely two or five? You all understand, don't you, that a new owner takes title subject to any existing leases. If they had a lease, they would be set for the term of the lease, regardless of who the owner is.

This just looks like just another attempt to trump up drama.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4041180;
    Why on earth would someone with a child, a stable income, and a husband, rent an apartment month-to-month, without a lease of at least a year, more likely two or five? You all understand, don't you, that a new owner takes title subject to any existing leases. If they had a lease, they would be set for the term of the lease, regardless of who the owner is.

It might be because they didn't know how well Bethenny's show would be received. If it tanked, then they'd be no worse for wear. If the show proved to be a success, then they could maybe buy whatever property they wanted.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4041180;

I don't think this is an attempt to trump up drama, Bred. Don't forget that when they rented the apartment Bethenny was not yet pregnant, and they had no idea they were going to have a baby within the year. In fact, at that time, they were still "just dating" and were not even engaged yet! Bethenny didn't even know if the relationship would work out. Remember how she described herself as the runaway bride --- and said that she had a huge problem with commitments. So, under those circumstances, it wouldn't have made sense to take a multiple year lease. And for all we know, they did have a one year's lease. Most apartments do require at least that.

FORT Fan

It's true that her life was in flux when she rented the apartment with Jason, and my timing might be wrong about when the landlord started showing the property to prospective buyers -- we're still just in Season 1 of the show, aren't we? That episode with the buyers seemed awfully early in the season. Was it really this apartment's bathroom where she peed on the stick? Time flies when you're having fun...

Does the new apartment have three bedrooms? I can't remember, although I do remember her running Skinny Girl out of one of them, and then we have Bryn's room, unless they are the same. That's an awfully big apartment if things don't work out, you're right. Looks like she was taking a pretty big gamble moving her life, her business and her romance all into a hefty short-term rental that looks like it might have come furnished -- save the painted-on Skinny Girl logo.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

She was in her old place when she peed on the stick. I am pretty sure she and Jason did not move in together until towards the end of the RHNY season. The pregnancy was from not even halfway through the RHNY season

+ Reply to Thread